The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've slacked off a bit in the past week...but I did drop a dress size and my stomach, which used to stick out, is getting flatter. I'll post my measurements later. If I'm feeling really brave, I may post a before and "right now" pic...LOL

Ok, here's mine:

January 31:

bust: 36

natural waist: 32

belly button: 36

hips: 38

upper thighs: 22.5

arms: 11

145 lbs, 5'7 1/2"

Total: 175.5

February 25

bust: 36

natural waist: 32

belly button: 35.5

hips: 38.5

upper thighs: 22.5

arms: 10.5

Total: 175

Total inches lost: 0.5

I don't have any idea what I weigh, the only reason I did in January was coz I'd just been to the doc. I'm happy w/ my half inch, Rome wasn't built in a day " )

Ok so I weighed myself and I've gained a couple pounds....I was a bit frustrated until I measured myself (but it is almost that time of the month....so water weight right?????) Although I've gained weight, I've actually lost some inches.....wow! I can't believe how excited I am....next time I go on a diet or fitness thing, I'm doing measurements and not weight.....cuz that's what counts.....wow I'm too excited right now....WAHOO!

Here are my measurements:

BEFORE:

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 158 lbs

Chest: 40.5"

Upper Arm: 13.5"

Waist: 34.5"

Hips: 42.0"

Thigh: 25.75"

Total Inches: 156.25"

PRESENT:

Weight: 161 lbs

Chest: 39.75" (boo, my boobs are shrinking....LOL)

Upper Arm: 14.0" (oh....I see my arms gained weight...LOL)

Waist: 33"

Hips: 41.5"

Thigh: 25.25"

Total Inches: 153.5"

Total inches lost: 2.75

Now how weird is that.....I've gained 3 lbs, but lost inches.....(hopefully in a week or so this will go down due to water weight).....

This is the exact reason why most people give up working out too early. You are gaining lean muscle mass (LMM). You know you are gaining lean muscle mass when you up your weight but drop some inches. Your arm seems bigger to you because you are bulking that muscle up (which is usually the first one to bulk up quickly). In a few weeks, as your LMM goes up, you'll begin to see all of the excess fat just literally melt away.

Keep going and don't stop now!!!

you gals are all doing really well, kudos !! I really should be doing more but I'm feeling SO lazy. I've got the winter blahs

Girls we need to have a cheerleader session for Becka! KEEP IT UP GIRL!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

February 1, 2006

Overall BF% - 30.2

Bust - 40"

Ribcage - 38"

Waist - 34"

Hips - 41"

Thigh - 24"

Arm - 14"

Weight: 165

March 3, 2006

Overall BF% - 27.4%

Bust - 38"

Ribcage - 37"

Waist - 32"

Hips - 39.5"

Thigh - 22.75"

Arm - 13.25"

Total Inches Lost: 14.50

Weight: 156

You know, I just keep going over these measurements...and I think I know where the problem is. Last month, my period came late...and I retain lots of water right before my period. This month, my period was right on time...so I don't think I lost 10 lbs and 14 inches in one month. I think it would be more like 5 lbs. and maybe 7 total inches. :wacko:

So, I am going to amend my overall "current" stats to reflect that and say that I lost 5 lb. with 7".

Does that sound good? Fair?

I've been a bit stressed or sick lately due to some things here at home with my oldest and her schooling. Man, I can't believe how bad stress can make a person sick, literally. I mean I believe it, but I literally can't sleep, can't get rid of my headaches, I've gotten my ulcers back, can't get this lump out of my throat, verge of crying all the time....the frustration of it all.

So sorry to hear that Kelly, hope you're feeling better soon ((HUGS))

My fitness challenge is going quite well, I have been to the gym at least twice a week (sometimes more) since we started. I've also started dry body brushing, taking Udo's Oil and eating more fruit (I'm already quite good on the water). I have really noticed a difference in my body skin from it all, much more even-toned and softer.

As for the fitness, I am enjoying it. Not sure if there are many inches lost but my tummy is definitely flatter which is brilliant. I will feel more body-confident in my bikini in 3 weeks time which was kinda my aim in starting this. I will do some measurements this weekend to see how it's going.

Keep it up everyone!! :clap

Aww sweetie!! *Hugs!* I am so sorry to hear that! If there is anything I can do please let me know!!

Sounds like you are doing great Claire!! But I have a question...What is dry body brushing? I haven't heard of that before... :wassatt:

I've been missing you on here and i'm sorry you've been stressed out. *HUGS*

I haven't been working out and i've been kinda stressed myself.

Keep up the good work girls!

OK I finally took some measurements at the weekend....:ninja:

Feb 4 2006

Height: 5' 6''

Weight: 140 lbs

Upper arm: 11"

Chest: 37"

Waist: 30"

Hips: 36.5"

Upper thigh: 22"

Mar 12 2006

Height: 5' 6''

Weight: 137 lbs

Upper arm: 11"

Chest: 37"

Waist: 28"

Hips: 36.5"

Upper thigh: 21"

So I've lost 3lbs and 3 inches. Not a lot, but it is a start and I'm feeling fitter overall. I've upped my gym visits the last week or two so hopefully at the next measurement I'll have lost some more! :hehe: :icon_chee

Great job Claire! I'll post up some measurements tomorrow as well...

I haven't heard much from the others though! Is everyone still in? Don't MAKE me PM you guys!! :laughno:

Here is my updates, atleaset some are going down now, but some are remaining the same (waist....gotta do some waist exercises). I'm really gonna have to see what I can do this week....cuz it ends April 1st right?

My starting measurements on 2/9/06:

Weight: 158 lbs

Chest: 40.5"

Upper Arm: 13.5"

Waist: 34.5"

Hips: 42.0"

Thigh: 25.75"

Total Inches: 156.25"

2/27/06:

Weight: 161 lbs