The Pantone Color of the Year 2015 is ....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in the eyeliner maybe. I have lots of shadows this colour and don't wear them often so it'll be a good excuse to break those out!

That being said, it's a bit too muted for my teenaged self. But some duochromes with this as a base would be awesome- maybe next year will be my year of indie shadows!

For clothing.... I'm not feeling it at all. Maybe a handbag and some oxford booties in this colour, or tights..

Meh. The color doesn't really appeal to me. But I think it would make a lovely blush color.

I was born in the 90s and although I only lived 8yrs of it I am obsessed with all 90s pop culture (I'm wearing a Nirvana shirt today!) and styles. So I will gladly rock this in a lipstick. I already do!

I was born in the 90s and although I only lived 8yrs of it I am obsessed with all 90s pop culture (I'm wearing a Nirvana shirt today!) and styles. So I will gladly rock this in a lipstick. I already do!
IT'S LIKE WE'RE THE SAME. 90s girl til I die  :mussical:

I think this could go either way for me. On one hand, neutral/mauve is much more wearable than say, Emerald, but on my screen it looks like it has almost a gray undertone. I think I'll have to see it in person. I am relieved that they didn't pick Mandarin Orange, Saffron Yellow, or the like. At least at a glance, I can wear this one.  

I think this could go either way for me. On one hand, neutral/mauve is much more wearable than say, Emerald, but on my screen it looks like it has almost a gray undertone. I think I'll have to see it in person. I am relieved that they didn't pick Mandarin Orange, Saffron Yellow, or the like. At least at a glance, I can wear this one.  
I'm hoping this means Sephora will phase out all of those awful emerald products for good.  :lol:

Sephora, if you're reading this, please just send them all to TJ Maxx/Ross, etc. already ahahha.

For some reason Yahoo news has an article on the new color of the year and highlights lots of Sephora + Pantone Universe items that aren't even on Sephora's website yet!

0d4af5ab67ac40716a655762128c32f421b1bd72.jpg

Love the luxe gold packaging!

734bac80072ad285cd1cc27a8cd59592e8e41a42.jpg

This is an eyeshadow palette for $39.

425213d20a1a50cc1aeec82dbec9c50d8b863828.jpg

Cheek Trio $28

7bbe03cb3cdbd14eda6a36f425ba4f579560cfff.jpg

This multi stick is pretty awesome, like the NARS Multiple. It's $25 though. I wonder if Sephora will come out with more- heck, maybe they already have and I haven't been paying attention.

934ae0f71f4e5fc364e24356ebe0daf947f61faf.jpg

Lip set for $28

They also have a lipstick ($18), a liquid eyeliner ($18) a mascara/brow tint $20,
I saw these on Sephora's website but did you happen to know which brand is the mascara?The color looks pretty and I can't wait to try it. A neutral look for everyday wear I suppose.

I'm hoping this means Sephora will phase out all of those awful emerald products for good.  :lol:

Sephora, if you're reading this, please just send them all to TJ Maxx/Ross, etc. already ahahha.
Agreed. Please, Sephora, no one is buying that stuff, and it's really old now. Plus, why would anyone think that that finger ring was a good idea?

27118373f2f166340337a33425a979fe.jpg

IT'S LIKE WE'RE THE SAME. 90s girl til I die  :mussical:
Hahah, you guys are like me with the 80s. I was born in '85 and have been obsessed with everything '80s for forever. Don't get me wrong, LOVE the 90s too.

I saw these on Sephora's website but did you happen to know which brand is the mascara?The color looks pretty and I can't wait to try it. A neutral look for everyday wear I suppose.
The mascara and liner were Sephora + Pantone Universe collection.

This is interesting. It seems like they picked a color that was already trendy, at least for lipstick. In the past, it seemed more like they were setting a trend, but maybe I just didn't understand how it worked. I think my Maybelline Touch of Spice lipstick will be my way of participating in this one, apparently.

If anyone has the Clinique Black Honey line, it is on point for this color. Especially for eyes and cheeks (I think they were LE)

I like

scuba blue, marsala, dusk blue, treetop, titanium, lavender herb (not necessarily as makeup, of course!)

Back