The Pantone Color of the Year 2015 is ....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 Those are some of my favorite clothing colors! Minus tangerine and strawberry. I do have extremely light pink and pale peach to substitute however, now that the red tones have faded from hair due to aging.

I wear them with denim jumper or skirt, tan and khaki skirts, grey skirt. Yes!! I am so glad my closet is "in" for a change. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually purchased a great makeup bag in cream leather with the holographic green that they had way back when.  Now, that is a cool bag.  But everything else was no so cool

I NEED that cheek palette. I was so, so, SO sad to have missed out on last year's cheek trio... this one shall be mine.

I for one am excited about the color because I already have a few shades that will work well in this Marsala trend... nars lovejoy (the blush) and mac's swiss chocolate shadows totally have this color tone. Not sure what I'd do for lips, since I'm not a big lipstick wearer, but I'm sure I can find somethin'. 

I don't like this colour all that much, (reminds me of Revlon Fabulous Fig matte lipstick, which I quite like, but only when I'm in the mood.) Tangerine Tango was my favourite since I started paying attention to this sort of thing and was the year I got into orange lipstick (not related to the whole colour of the year thing, I was just happy my new obsession was helped along by all the orange lippies around.) 

Looks like the Pantone x Sephora collection is releasing another full palette again!

uonpdil.jpg

5DoV87H.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-sephora-pantone-universe-facets-marsala-eye-palette-photos-swatches

anyone want to bet that's the color skew of the UD Naked palette too? hahahahah

eta: the full collection is up: http://www.sephora.com/sephora-pantone-universe?icid2=product_link_brand

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, its a gorgeous palette! The pigmentation on the swatches from Temptalia isn't *awful* but I'd probably be more inclined to buy it on sale.

eta: ughhhh after looking at all the products on sephora I'd rally like the angled brush, the multi stick, and the cheek trio.  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Only about colored mascara, the world always needs more colored mascara :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can see the appeal of the color and I know things like bright fuchsia pink and deep emerald, don't float everyone's boat but I know when there's a vibrant color that at least Sephora will be carrying something that isn't the standard fair. I think that's part of the reason I was a little underwhelmed. This color is a standard makeup color, ya know?

Meh, not my jam. Anything with a brown undertone pulls hella brown on me, and it's not flattering. 
I couldn't pull off that palette at all. Probably not even the blue. I think these would all make me look sick.

The mascara is appealing because I have blonde lashes so it should show up nicely and if they do it right it'll be one of those things that will catch your eye but not be like " THAT GIRL HAS RED LASHES!'

Looks like the Pantone x Sephora collection is releasing another full palette again!

uonpdil.jpg

5DoV87H.jpg

http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-sephora-pantone-universe-facets-marsala-eye-palette-photos-swatches

anyone want to bet that's the color skew of the UD Naked palette too? hahahahah

eta: the full collection is up: http://www.sephora.com/sephora-pantone-universe?icid2=product_link_brand
I'm happy that I think I can resist this entire collection. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Its showing in stock at Fashion Valley! I hurt my back or else I would be jumping in my car to get the blush right now! If only my local malls had it I would venture to one of them.

I bought the cheek palette. It's very gorgeous and pigmented! I love the Marsala color, and I think I could use it as an eyeshadow, too.

I think I am going to get the blush trio, as well. I love the colors, and are very much like what I usually wear but on a deeper level. I'm trying to hold off, too, until the new year. I don't need any more sales counting towards this year! :lol:

Back