The Queen of Brainteasers! Wanna play?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or were they a deck of Bicycle Cards????? She lost at gambling at decided to..you know, do herself in???
policeman.gif

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Or were they a deck of Bicycle Cards????? She lost at gambling at decided to..you know, do herself in???
policeman.gif
Yes bicycles are a deck of cards and no she didn't "do herself in". Please explain what happened!

So, Am I right to assume that this is a deck of cards we are dealing with here????

Just before I give my explanation......I wanted to clarify....

I'd say she was playing solitaire, and was murdered by a bullet shot through the window...if these are in fact cards. Am I getting warm?

Originally Posted by Elisabeth So, Am I right to assume that this is a deck of cards we are dealing with here????Just before I give my explanation......I wanted to clarify....

I'd say she was playing solitaire, and was murdered by a bullet shot through the window...if these are in fact cards. Am I getting warm?

Yes she was playing cards. No she was not playing solitaire. And she was not murdered like that. You can ask me closed ended questions that will result in me saying yes or no.

Originally Posted by hunniebk17 Yes she was playing cards. No she was not playing solitaire. And she was not murdered like that. You can ask me closed ended questions that will result in me saying yes or no. Oh, cool that we can ask open-ended questions! Guess I gotta read the rules
whistling.gif
..!!Ohhh..this is driving me crazy, hunnie!
eusa_wall.gif
I love it!

Ok. Now. Bullet through the head. She was shot, then, correct?
11dh.gif
How do you get a bullet in your head by murder if not by by getting shot?

She was not playing alone...Wait a minute..Was it an Ice Bullet? Like in James Bond? Also, doesn't a deck of cards have 52 and not 53? That kinda bothers me, too.

Linda , or anybody else, got any ideas on this one? Strip Poker with a crazy ex-boyfriend??

no i really havent got a clue on this one, can you give us a small, tiny clue hunniebk17????? please
eusa_pray.gif

Ok here's a hint. Who plays cards alone?

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Oh, k. cool that we can ask open-ended questions! Guess I gotta read the rules
whistling.gif
..!!Ohhh..this is driving me crazy, hunnie!
eusa_wall.gif
I love it!

Ok. Now. Bullet through the head. She was shot, then, correct?
11dh.gif
How do you get a bullet in your head by murder if not by by getting shot?

She was not playing alone...Wait a minute..Was it an Ice Bullet? Like in James Bond? Also, doesn't a deck of cards have 52 and not 53? That kinda bothers me, too.

Linda , or anybody else, got any ideas on this one? Strip Poker with a crazy ex-boyfriend??

You ron the right track.
satisfied.gif
Yes she was shot and yes a deck of cards has 52 cards NOT 53! Now put it together! What happened?

Originally Posted by hunniebk17 Yes she cheated! Congrats you guessed it!
laughing.gif
roflmao.gif
party.gif
I still don't get it...at what card game did she cheat? Why did her murderer take a card with him/her? I mean, if I shot somebody cheating, I sure as heck wouldn't take a card with me, I would just get the heck out of there...?? You mean it was that easy? Sheesh! Good Work, Linda!...Next!

Originally Posted by Elisabeth I still don't get it...at what card game did she cheat? Why did her murderer take a card with him/her? I mean, if I shot somebody cheating, I sure as heck wouldn't take a card with me, I would just get the heck out of there...?? You mean it was that easy? Sheesh! Good Work, Linda!...Next! i think thats why these things are so hard at first because you concentrate on the more complicated options rather than going for the obvious answer! there was 53 cards so there was an extra one rather than one less so she must have cheated and someone shot her,actually it took so long to work out because i thought that cant be right that someone would kill someone for cheating in a card game but hey, seems these things happen! xx

Originally Posted by linda46125 i think thats why these things are so hard at first because you concentrate on the more complicated options rather than going for the obvious answer! there was 53 cards so there was an extra one rather than one less so she must have cheated and someone shot her,actually it took so long to work out because i thought that cant be right that someone would kill someone for cheating in a card game but hey, seems these things happen! xx

g.gif
ok. Yeah. Thanks for explaining. Yeah I know I think of the most complicated possibility, when the answer is often so simple
eusa_wall.gif
. Somebody didn't take a card, they found she had an extra on her, was palming it and cheated or something. I love it! I want to find one for you guys next...but I have to make it really hard and maybe factual. I used to do these all the time as kid, and I miss them!

Originally Posted by Elisabeth
g.gif
ok. Yeah. Thanks for explaining. Yeah I know I think of the most complicated possibility, when the answer is often so simple
eusa_wall.gif
. Somebody didn't take a card, they found she had an extra on her, was palming it and cheated or something. I love it! I want to find one for you guys next...but I have to make it really hard and maybe factual. I used to do these all the time as kid, and I miss them!

that would be great elisabeth!

ok. Mine also comes from an actual crime investigation scene...I think
whistling.gif
policeman.gif

One day,

The police broke into a house when the mailman reported that the occupant, a single man, had failed to retrieve his mail for some days.

He also noticed that the back windows of the home, the ones not facing the street, were open...so that's when he called the cops.

The police entered the home and found the man behind a locked door (they had to break it down) hanging from a rope suspended from a 9 foot high ceiling. The room which the man hung himself was an interior room and had no other doors or windows and was completely empty except for a small drain directly underneath the man....Bwa..hahahha...ha...ha
icon_rolleyes.gif

What happened??

Originally Posted by hunniebk17 He hung himself by standing on a block of ice! ok. Yeah. I knew that one was an old one!! YOU GOT IT!!!
yay.gif
And did you figure out why all the windows were open in the back of the house. That is not part of the brainteaser, it's just sort of extra credit....
laughing.gif

Now I've got to think of a Super Duper Hard One!!!

Originally Posted by hunniebk17 Yea...I got it
laughing.gif
Im so ready for the next one. Ooh, now I'll have to come up with a good one!And in the last one,

the reason he opened all the windows, was he wanted the warm air coming from the outside (it was during the summer) to blow underneath the door to speed up the melting process, otherwise an inner room with no windows could take awhile. The reason that only the back windows were open was that he did not want to draw attention to anybody who may have been out walking down the street, noticed it, and then busted in and saved him.

Really sad.

ok, maybe just a regular brainteaser next...

ok this is probably too hard but itll be interesting to see should anyone get it, its called einsteins riddle:::::::

Einstein's riddle

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints:

The Brit lives in the red house.

The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

The Dane drinks tea.

The green house is on the left of the white house.

The green homeowner drinks coffee.

The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

The man living in the center house drinks milk.

The Norwegian lives in the first house.

The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.

The German smokes prince.

The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

Einstein wrote this riddle early during the 19th century. He said 98% of the world could not solve it. Just pay attention and be patient.

so good luck all!!!!

Originally Posted by linda46125 ok this is probably too hard but itll be interesting to see should anyone get it, its called einsteins riddle:::::::
Einstein's riddle

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints:

The Brit lives in the red house.

The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

The Dane drinks tea.

The green house is on the left of the white house.

The green homeowner drinks coffee.

The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

The man living in the center house drinks milk.

The Norwegian lives in the first house.

The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.

The German smokes prince.

The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

Einstein wrote this riddle early during the 19th century. He said 98% of the world could not solve it. Just pay attention and be patient.

so good luck all!!!!

Answer: The German owns the Fish. Am I in the 2% of the population?

Did I get it right? Ok, so it took me 15 minutes and three sheets of paper....
whistling.gif
whistling.gif
icon_scratch.gif
:wack o:
roflmao.gif

Boy, if I am right...that was kinda hard..and Good.!!!!!!

Back