The top 5 beauty products you can't live without.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My HG list has changed since I posted last.. this is my old list

1) Im with you on the UD 24/7 pencils I was VERY scared to use pencils till I give these a try and still cant seem to use any other

2) Youngblood Mineral Primer loved that stuff and just think i discovered that HG item in a beauty sub...lol

3) Julep's Age defying hand brighter  lotion

4) UD eyeshadows any of them but I really like there mattes and semi-shimmer

5) I might as well have said anything UD b/c i like there primer potion face and eyes so ill add a 6th item

6) My E.L.F studio line brushes dang most of my list is UD

worship.gif
Urban Decay Junkie...lol

NEW LIST

• Im still loveing the UD 24/7 Pencils
  • Anything Argan Oil Loveing Josie Maran's Line
  • Elf studio brushes are still on the list
  • Maybelline Color tattoo AWESOME
  • Body butters loved that blood orange i got in Ipsy

1) Foundation - current favorites: L'Oreal True Match Lumi (N4), Revlon PhotoReady (005 Natural Beige), and Revlon Colorstay Whipped (320 Warm Golden)... I mix them together, depending on the day

2) Mascara - haven't found my HG, but right now I like L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions & Covergirl Lash Perfection

3) Concealer - for under eyes: Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (only use a TINY bit!), for blemishes: I really liked Physicians Formula Conceal Rx but they only offer 2 shades & they are way too light! I can sometimes use it under foundation, but not when I'm tan. Tried to replace it with Hard Candy's Glamoflauge but the "medium" shade is too yellow. I'm going to pick up "light/medium" and see if that works better. SUPER pigmented/thick which is what I want for blemishes.

4) Blush - I'm a blush junkie!! Ones I've been grabbing the most lately: theBalm's Instains (favorite right now: Swiss Dot), FratBoy, and Milani's Baked Blushes (Luminoso & Fantastico Mauve)

5) Eyeshadow - my Z-palette with Inglot shadows.... LoracPro, theBalm's Meet Matt(e) Nude, and Sephora+Pantone Precious Metals palettes

Honorable mentions (because this is way too hard!!)

6) Highlighter - theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer

7) Bronzer - theBalm's Bahama Mama & NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep Tan

8) Lips - Revlon Lip Butters. Favorite colors: Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait & Tutti Frutti (aside from TF, they're all pretty neutral/natural, I don't wear bright lip colors often!)

9) Eye Liner - Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner & Essence Gel Eyeliner in "Midnight in Paris"

10) Brows - e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in medium & Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso

11) Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte & (my first ever MAC product I bought a week ago) Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus (love it, but I don't see why it's worth $30 yet!)

Sorry for not following the "rules" but I'd rather see more of people's favorites than have them leave some out!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Top Five areeee:

1. Mac Studio Finish concealer 

-Its a full coverage creamy concealer that works wonders! its may be a bit pricy because its high end but it works great and its worth the money spent!! i love it

2. Mac blush in Melba!

-All time favorite blush! Great for all skin tones. Its matte without shimmer so it makes it great for all occasions! Its natural looking and once again great even though its pricy! (a dupe        

might be NYX blush in dusty Rose all the same great qualities and wayyyy cheaper!!

3. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

-Affordable amazing mascara! Does everything a mascara should.. Makes your lashes look voluminous and long and holds a curl!! new discovery that work greeeaaat

4. Naked Pallet (Urban Decay)

- All the Naked Pallets by Urban Decay are amazing neutral shadows that you can make thousands of great looks from! They are all worth the hype people give them if I had to choose one        

I would pick the Naked 2 Pallet! amazing cool toned neutrals!! love love love

5. Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

- Great Base for your shadows! Makes them last all day and gives all your shadows a brighter appearance! It helps with discoloration and veins that you may see on your eye lids! Some        

great drug store dups are the Maybelline Color tattoos.. although they dont have a shade like soft ochre they give the same amazing effect of a base and are worth the hype and seem to    

be wayyy cheaper than the Mac ones.

5 beauty products I can't live without are:

1- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil: I use this as my face moisturizer and great for dry skin and frizzy hair too!

2- Jouer Matte Moisture Tint: I have sampled this from Birchbox and the sample lasted me a week or two, and I still am saving up to get a full size one since it's a little pricey for me.

3- Sugar Coral Lip Treatment: I can live without lipstick or lipgloss but I always need to have a lipbalm with me and it's such a plus to find one that is tinted!

4- mini Nivea Creme: best hand cream I have ever used, and I never leave the house without this in my purse!

5- Benefit They're Real Mascara: I don't like wearing fake lashes and this gives my lashes a nice length to it without the clumps and lasts all day!

5 beauty products I can't live without? 1. BB cream - Étude house 2. Compact powder - Clean & Clear 3. Cremeblend Blush "so sweet so easy" - Mac 4. Benetint - Benefit 5. Lipstick "please me" & " girl about town" - Mac

It's so hard to pick just 5... Hmmm... I would have to say:

1. MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC25
  2. Maybelline Magnum Mascara
  3. Benefit Hoolah Bronzer
  4. Max Factor Earth Spirits Eye Shadow in Terra
  5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

My Five Favorites:

1. Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation-I've tried many foundations and this is my favorite!

2. Smashbox Jet Set Liner-Stays put all day.

3. The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen-Colors checks and lips.

4. Stila In the Garden eye shadow palette-Love the variety of colors, can make a neutral or a more dramatic look.

5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion-Keeps my shadow crease free all day.

Clinique even better foundation--it's the only foundation I've ever found that matched my strange skin tone! NYX eyeshadow pencil in Milk--perfect for blending on the browbone Estée Lauder Idealist--to even the skintone Shany brand concealer--perfect for my skin blemishes. And pretty much those are the biggest products I can't live without!

These are my top 5!

1) BECCA Retractable Kabuki Brush (to apply my touch-ups with!)

2) BECCA Mineral Powder Foundation

3) Nivea's lip balm

4) Chanel lip gloss in Bagatelle

5) Um, a pack of tissues?

xoxo,

Roxanne

1. Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation

2. Avon Ideal Luminous blush

3. Avon Waterproof Glimmersticks eyeliner

4. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

5. Bobbi Brown eyeshadow single in Rose Gold or Avon True Color quad in Coral Sands

Yes I love me some Avon! lol

My top 5 must-haves!

1) Urban Decay Naked 2 EyeShadow Palette

2) Urban Decay Eyeliners 

3) Clinique Stay Matte Foundation

4) Lancome Definicils Mascara

5) Fresh Lipglosses

I use the urban decay pencils too.. I have to try the mac eyeliner. I have been using Kat von D liner for a while

Originally Posted by Karmakarmen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, what better place then here to list out my top 5 beauty must haves then here?

I have A LOT of make up because i love to try all sorts of brands to see whats good and what sucks.

Though i have over 500 eye shadows and a box full of lip sticks and a whole mess of everything inbetween there are some products i frequently reach for, and my top 5 is:

1) Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

Seriously amazing because of the buildable coverage, it feels light and without setting has a luminous glow but looks very natural when set. Feels like i'm not wearing a foundation!

2) MAC liquid Point Liner in black

These liners are no joke, i've gone swimming in pools and this won't come off, and witht the fine point applicator i can always get the perfect thin bold line.

3) Make up forever Aqua Rouge in #9

All of the Aqua Rouge lip sticks are new and they come double ended with the lip color and a clear gloss sealer.

Again this is very long lasting, i never have to worry about it getting on my teeth or touching up because these lippies arn't going anywhere. The #9 is a gorgous fall/winter red and keep in mind that the colors look darker on the lip then in the tube!

4)Sugarpill eye shadows

I'm in love. So pigmented, and smooth. These shadows and loose pigments are never disapointing and i look forward to having them all in the future.

5)Urban Decay 24/7 liners

Seriously, if you haven't tried these you have to. They change everything as far as pencil liners go. Very long wearing, pigmented and they last forever.

So! tell me what products you refuse to go with out!

The dior show is great stuff I love it also the urban decay primer potion  I agree love it

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm my top 5 have to be:

1. Lush-Angels on Bareskin. My skin is dry and this is the perfect amount of moisture and exfoliation in a cleanser.

2. Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. This is the best foundation I've ever tried. Its not too heavy but provides enough coverage for me.

3. Dior Diorshow New Look mascara. I don't have very long eyelashes, but when I wear this people constantly ask how I get my lashes so long.

4. Revlon lip butter in candy apple. Its the perfect red, I can wear it day or night and not look silly. Its one lip product I know I'll eventually use up and I would probably cry if I lost it.

5. Urban Decay primer potion. Doesn't everyone love this? Of course I love my UD shadows, but with the primer potion, I can make any brand eyeshadow look really great and stay in place for a long time.

I am really pale and the nars orgasm blush makes me look like a clown makes my cheeks to red. Most people I know us it though and it is there favorite

Originally Posted by Coco Swan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1.) NARS blush in Orgasm...this is AMAZING! It has pigmemts of shimmer/sparkle in it that just make your skin glow!
2.) Lancome Hypnose mascara in Noir Black...my lashes are medium brown and already natural pretty long and curved upwards, however this mascara will make anyone's lashes look crazy-fake in volume and length!
3.) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. So nic because you can develop the coverage my layering, and it doesn't feel heavy on your face. It leaves your skin pretty glowy, too!
4.) The Body Shop Vitamin C makeup setting spray/energizing spritz. Makes your skin unbelievably dewey! Re-spritz throughout the day to refresh makeup...works like a charm!
5.) NARS concealer. It covers redness impecably!

I have every item you listed and used and loved them. The primer is amazing my fav

Originally Posted by AmeliaPond /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need my Smashbox primer (I always have it on, even if I'm not wearing anything else; it gives my skin a nice finish).

Next is my foundation, which is Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, in 117 Marble. Works great with my pale skin, and goes on so smooth.

I'm absolutely in love with this palette from MAC, and it's limited edition, so get it while you can. It's the Caramel Sundae palette, aka, the Betty palette from Archie's Girls.

I use the light brown for my crease, the yellow under my brow bone, the pink on the bottom half of my lids, and the dark brown as a shadow liner. It looks awesome with my blue eyes.

For my lips, I like to keep them nude/pink, and not do anything too over-the-top (I work for a very conservative doctor, and most of our patients are in their 70's and above), so lately I've been using this pencil from Nars, although anything with this pink color is my normal lip look. It's the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday, and yes, I bought it partly because it makes me think of Audrey Hepburn. <3

Lastly, is my favorite blush of ALL TIME. It looks so good on pretty much every skin tone, and is buildable. It looks so natural, I just adore it. It's MAC, in Blush All Day.

Here's a better look at the color:

Those are the ones I use pretty much every day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Covergirl lash blast volume

2. eos summer fruit chapstick

3. Rimmel London stay matte powder

4. Smashbox primer

5. Revlon Colorstay foundation

My top 5, in no particular order:

1. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette 

2. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded

3. Almay Get Up and Grow Mascara

4. Rimmel Eyeliner in Nude

5. Maybelline Baby Lips in Melon Mania  

This thread has been really great because I'm learning about so many new amazing products, but it's really bad for my wallet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Clinique dramatically different moisturizer - I keep on coming back to this because it is so lightweight, yet incredibly hydrating. Blinc mascara - The only mascara that doesn't make me look like a raccoon at the end of the day. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - This has saved my itchy eczema prone legs. Burt's Bees Chapstick - I can't live without this! Minty and not too slick. Nars blush in orgasm - Just amazing! Nicely pigmented so you don't have to use a lot, but not so much that you look like a clown. Honorable Mentions: fresh umbrian clay face treatment, clarks botanicals smoothing marine cream, mufe hd foundation, clinique even better foundation, macadamia healing oil. Still looking for an awesome concealer and eyeliner. This list has given me some great leads though! Thanks!

I'm amending my previous list.  

Within about 2 weeks of getting the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream, it separated and all that came out was oil.  It was terrible.  

I find the Stila eyeliner easier to work with than the Eyeko ones.  

I still like Benetint and Posietint, but the Tarte lip tints are moisturizing and, let's face it, moisture + color trumps color alone.  

I still use Benefit's That Gal and The Porefessional primers, but they're not on my current top 5 (or 10) list.

New Top 5 List:

1. PTR acne products (basically everything from the Blemish Buster kit and Max Complexion Correction Pads)

2. Dr. Brandt glow products (Ruby Crystal Retinol Hydracreme, Overnight Resurfacing Serum, & Revitalizing Retinol Eye Cream)

3. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (it really does "stay all day")

4. Blinc mascara (the best - and gentlest - waterproof mascara I've tried so far - I use the Amplified mascara on my upper lashes & the regular one on my lower lashes)

5. Missha BB creams (I use a mix of the Matte BB cream and the Perfect Cover in 13)

Honorable mentions:

6. PTR Clini-Matte + Clinique moisturizers (especially Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer, Moisture Surge Intense, & Dramatically Different Moisturizer; I use the Turnaround moisturizer and Moisture Surge Intense at night, Clini-Matte in the morning, and keep a mini Dramatically Different Moisturizer in all my bags)

7. Clarisonic Mia 2 (I'm considering getting the Opal too)

8. Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage (I keep one in the fridge and use it in the morning - especially during allergy season)

9. Tarte cheek stains (my favorite is Natural Beauty, but I use Tickled too)

10. Tarte Skintuitive LipSurgence lip tint (I also like the Achiote, Charmed, Delighted, & Enchanted - of those 4, Achiote is my favorite) 

Back