The top 5 beauty products you can't live without.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre - My go-to moisturizer. I really love it. I have both oily AND dry skin at the same time and this stuff really makes my skin soft. I am running out right now. Last night I went to put it on and had a hard time getting anything out, and then all of a sudden it squirted out on to my floor. I had just cleaned my floor a few hours ago so I used it anyway.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am interested in trying something new. I don't want to get stuck in a rut, so if anyone is familiar with Embryolisse and knows something that is better than that for combo skin I would LOVE a recommendation. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

2. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - These are just as good as Stila's and a few bucks cheaper. Really dark line, easy to put on, great staying power. Love it. I want to try some new colors other than just my regular black. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

3. Tarte BB cream with spf 30 - The consistency of this stuff is AMAZING. It is light and whipped and not oily at all. Also gives great coverage and doesn't make me look greasy like my Dr. Jart's did. 

4. Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara - While I love my Benefit and Estee Lauder mascaras for how thick they make my eyelashes, I just can't stand any clumping. This is the best mascara I have used for that. I love rubber brush mascaras (I know not everyone agrees with me on this one!) and this one goes on smoothly and there is never too much formula on the brush. Amazing!

5. Starlooks HD Fluid Blush in "Barbie" - I was wary of cream blushes. You only have to use the teeniest tiniest little drop to get a really nice glow that seems to come from within rather than being put on top of the skin. The color was a bit daunting too--really bubblegum pink! But on my cheeks it just looks rosy and natural. Plus, it will last forever because of how little you have to use. This stuff is awesome.

But yeah, totally on the lookout for a new moisturizer and new bb/cc cream. Not that I am unhappy with my current choices, I just want to try new stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am Obsessed with the Lorac Pro Palette, I'm pissed you can only get it online now because my Sephora got rid of it. But I use this palette everyday for my brows and natural soft looks. I do have to also include Illamasqua blushes. Can. Not. Live without these. Super pigmented and I have quite the collection of these and they are all stunning.

Let's see only 5.

1. Maybelline Color Tattoos

2. Urban Decay Primer Potion

3. Both of my Naked Palettes

4. Maybelline Baby Lips

5. Benefit Boing or Hard Candy Galmoflague Concealer

1.  Hanskin Premium Super Plus BB Cream - my HG foundation type product

2.  Lorac Front of the Line PRO Eyeliner in black

3.  Starlooks lengthening mascara (1st mascara I've ever used that doesn't make my eyes water even a little bit)

4.  Starlooks lip gloss in Pink Oasis - serious it would hurt my feelings if this were ever discontinued

5.  Reviva Firming Eye Serum - this is the only eye product I've used that has given me back some valuable eyelid real estate - as I've gotten older my eyelids started to look more hooded.  After about a month of this I can see a massive difference. 

There is one other that has me in tears that it's been discontinued - Urban Decay 24/7 in 1999 - so I've been hoarding those as I find them in stores.  HOARDING I tell you.  It's almost as bad as when they discontinued Fendi by Fendi for Women.  That still makes me sad and I have never been able to find anything that I find a suitable replacement. 

This is kind of off topic, but everybody has some great HG's would anyone be interested in doing a makeup swap? Especially all you UK ladies, I want your makeup brands! Lol hit me up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Rimmel stay matte powder. Such a beautiful powder, I've had SO many powders in my life, very expensive ones to very cheap ones. You name it, but I always run back to this one when all fails! it's beautiful, and cheap!

2. Urban decay naked 1 palette, this is my favorite for an everyday mila kunis eye look. 

3. Mac matchmaster foundation in 1.0 I love this! it's so nice and beautiful. Makes my skin look flawless and perfect shade for me. (for pretty fair skinned ladies)

4.Bobbi brown skin corrector in light peach and porcelain peach, so good. 
inlove3.gif

5. Now I have hazel eyes, and double eye lashes, like longggg eyelashes. I LOVE using my 'They're real! mascara' it makes my eyelashes super thick and stunning.
patches.gif
 Try it at sephora ladies if you haven't already.

happy shopping 
1f.gif

I need my Smashbox primer (I always have it on, even if I'm not wearing anything else; it gives my skin a nice finish).

Next is my foundation, which is Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, in 117 Marble. Works great with my pale skin, and goes on so smooth.

I'm absolutely in love with this palette from MAC, and it's limited edition, so get it while you can. It's the Caramel Sundae palette, aka, the Betty palette from Archie's Girls.

I use the light brown for my crease, the yellow under my brow bone, the pink on the bottom half of my lids, and the dark brown as a shadow liner. It looks awesome with my blue eyes.

For my lips, I like to keep them nude/pink, and not do anything too over-the-top (I work for a very conservative doctor, and most of our patients are in their 70's and above), so lately I've been using this pencil from Nars, although anything with this pink color is my normal lip look. It's the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday, and yes, I bought it partly because it makes me think of Audrey Hepburn. <3

Lastly, is my favorite blush of ALL TIME. It looks so good on pretty much every skin tone, and is buildable. It looks so natural, I just adore it. It's MAC, in Blush All Day.

Here's a better look at the color:

Those are the ones I use pretty much every day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I could wear my Tarte BB Cream and nothing else on top of it, and be totally fine all day. I love how light it is, and how I barely need to use any of it. Lasts forever, and it made me fall in love with all things Tarte. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Can't delete this, but was trying to respond to Brainwall!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser..love this, perfectly gentle, but strong enough to get all the makeup off

2. Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.. awesome and sooo many looks can be achieved

3. Revlon Color Stay foundation..can't beat the quality/price combo

4. Mascara tie between Benefit's They're Real and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes..love the results with these and are staples; definitely always have one stashed in my bag

5. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Gloss..awesome colors, great staying power, what's not to love?
UD, Revlon products are perfect and amazing... I just love them  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Buxom i haven't tried yet... i will try it !!

I have to break this down into categories because there's no way, realistically, that I'd use only 5. Couldn't even choose just 5! So it's 5 categories :) Base 1) Bobbi Brown Longwear Foundation in Beige topped with Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Rose 01- spectacular foundation that stays on my oily skin all day long, matches my skin tone perfectly, looks like skin rather than foundation but still covers, looks even better with Meteorites over top. 2) Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in medium/light - incredibly pigmented, covers great, brightens up areas of my face that I want brightened up (the only Hard Candy product I like, the rest are junk IMO) Eyes 3) Diorshow Extase over Lancome Cils Booster XL - technically 2 products, but I never use one without the other, amazing results 4) Milani Infinite Liquid Liner in dark brown/black - works perfectly with my eye shade & applies even more perfectly with a bent liner brush; this sucker does not budge all day. & is extremely easy to wing out, draw a thick or thin line with etc. 5) Kryolan eyeshadows in various shades - been using these nonstop every day for well over a month now, I believe. Love how easy they are to blend, the pigmentation, how well they last without fading. 6) MAC Paintpot in Soft Ochre mixed with Painterly - its so easy to apply eyeshadows over these & blend them out. They leave the perfect texture on the surface of my eyes. My eyeshadows, any brand/any shade, also last all day applied over them. The tone of these also really brighten my eye area up. 7) Maybelline Color Tattoo in Rich Mahogany - an exact dupe for MAC Constructavist; beautiful shade, works well under warm & cool neutrals/earth tones, super easy to blend eyeshadows over top of, adds depth to any look. I hated these things when they first came out & like very few shades they've come out in, but this one is fricken amazing. Face/Cheeks 8) ELF HD Blush in Superstar - I love these blushes a whole lot more than Makeup Forever's HD blushes, better texture/blending/pigmentation, beautiful results. 9) Fyrinnae Highlighter in Confidence - most beautiful bunch of highlighters I've ever come across. They don't magnify pores, they're not frosty, they've got a beautiful sheen that can be worn over top of blush or just on the tops of the cheekbones. They're beautifully subtle but make a big difference. 10) Fyrinnae Matte Bronzer in Medium - the most perfect shade for contouring my medium/light skin tone. Absolutely no red/orange tone to these bronzers. Super pigmented, so I apply using a very loosely packed stippling brush around the perimeter of my face & a fan brush to apply to contour my cheeks/nose/whatever else. I've also got this in their shimmer version, which is also amazing. There are so many products that I left out that I love, like my Kryolan powder & cream blushes, my Lise Watier illuminator, my MAC Natural Skinfinishes (I'm not in love with many MAC products, but these are really nice), my Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colors & Rich Color Glosses, my Monave mineral foundation, my Maq Pro foundation palette, etc adnauseum. I've actually managed to amass a lot of products that I really like after deciding which brands/products I really can't stand.

Ah so hard to just pick 5 things!!! 1.) Deff mascara. I use 3 everyday..I layer for a false lash look. Can't live without Maybelline one by one, L'oreal telescopic shocking extensions and rimmel lash accelerator. I could choose just one ! 2.) Rimmel natural bronzer in sunlight. Loooove this bronzer 3.) Kat VonD pallet in Ludwig.. Expecially leather, orbi, and downtown. Its become my go to pallet 4.) Moisturizer. Currently a combo of olay original active hydrating cream and clean and clear dual action moisturizer. 5.) Nail polish. I can't go a day without having my nails painted. The amount of nailpolishes I have is getting a biiiit rediculous now but I just can't help myself

1) Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara, waterproof and original

2) Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stains, all colors!

3) NYC Sunny Bronzer for contouring

4) Too Faced Candlelight Highlighting Duo

5) Urban Decay Cheek Tint in Indecent

Ahh! I don't think I can narrow it down to 5 so I'll try my best ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
In no particular order... 1. MAC Prep+Prime Skin (Before foundation) 2. MAC Eyeshadow - Phloof! (Shadow or Highlighting) 3. MAC Bronzing Powder - Golden (Contouring) 4. Urban Decay NAKED Palette 5. MAC Eyeshadow - Charcoal Brown (Eyebrows)

1. Urban Decay Liquid Foundation

2. LORAC Pro Palette

3. Olay All-Day Moisturizer SPF 15

4. Milani Eyebrow Pen

5. Veil Cosmetics Highlighter/Illuminator/Concealer Pen

Bumping this thread since it's awesome!

My top 5 will have to be:

1. Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion. I have crazy oily skin and this stuff is just amazing at keeping my skin soft and hydrated while cutting down the oil production!

2. Benefit's The Porefessional. Best. Primer. EVER. I have acne scars and large pores, so this helps to fill them in. Also great for battling the oiliness too.

3. Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser SPF20 in Porcelain. I'm as pale as they come, and this matches my skin wonderfully. I also love that you can layer it for extra coverage without it looking cakey or feeling heavy on my skin. I sometimes forgo foundation and just roll with this!

4. Mirenesse Cosmetics Power Clear D-Blemish Hydration Serum. This stuff is the reason why I finally combatted my teenage acne problems. Put this on under your moisturiser before bed and it works to not only clear the skin, but it soothes the redness and irritation associated with it.

5. Mirenesse Cosmetics LipBomb in shade 20. I love this! They call it a 'glossy lip lacquer stain', and it's basically three products in one. It has the coverage of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss, and it even has a stain built in so that even if the product wears off (and this can take hours) your lips will have a pretty stain left behind. My new favourite lip product!

clinique moisturizer

loreal bare naturale ~ soft ivory..its a mineral powder, considered to be a foundation,

I consider this to be the best!! It just stays on and covers up. Love it!

Eyeshadows..I'm a junkie, Lancome, Stila.. hard to pick..

Covergirl Mascra

Lancome lipglosses

but ohhh sooo much more :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.. I like to play!.. don't we all~ :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ps: thks to who posted the Nars pic, of the lipstick, I love that shade!! how much was it?

-purity cleanser -mint julep mask -coconut oil -fiberwig mascara -Chanel espresso eyeliner

Back