The ultimate foundation thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Warm or cool shade? Warm in the summer, cooler in the winter/fall.

2. Brands and shade of foundations: I use the 2nd to lightest shade in all mineral foundations. Specifically the Avon Ideal Shade, and Bare Escentuals. I'm hooked.

3. Brands and shade of concealers: I don't use them, though I should.

4. Do you use primer? What brand? YES! I use the Avon MagiX skin perfector, OR my philosophy primer.

This I a real cool posting that you have started buddy. My shade is warm. I prefer to go for organic and herbal cosmetics. I seldom use concealer or primer.
smile.gif

The MA at MAC recommended Studio Fix Fluid NW30 for me. I have pink undertones & blush very readily.

ok I have a question. I just moved to a new state where it gets REALLY hot in the summer time which obviously makes me sweat alot. I just want to know what foundation should I use? Should I use a powder or liquid or what? Plus I can't spend a lot of money right now so if you have any suggestions please let me know!! Thanks! <3

Originally Posted by tiffylovesboomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok I have a question. I just moved to a new state where it gets REALLY hot in the summer time which obviously makes me sweat alot. I just want to know what foundation should I use? Should I use a powder or liquid or what? Plus I can't spend a lot of money right now so if you have any suggestions please let me know!! Thanks! <3 ou can try Revlon Colorstay foundation, that liquid foundation is matte and lasts really long, i think its about 12 bucks
or you can try mineral foundations such as Earthen Glow Mineral in Cover Me formula or Joppa Mineral, they have good coverage and staying power

HTH

my answers

1. Warm or cool shade?

Warm - Light-medium yellow toned

2. Brands and shade of foundations

- I use light-medium golden/yellow shade in all mineral foundations that i've tried except Joppa, their shades run darker

- MAC NC30

- Revlon Colorstay Medium Beige (not yellow enough for me, i should have chosen Golden Beige *_*)

3. Brands and shade of concealers

I use concealer for my dark circles

- The Body Shop Ultra Smooth Liquid Concealer - 03: quite good and natural but i think its been discontinued
frown.gif

- NYX Concealer in a Jar - Light: color is ok but kinda creases and fades

4. Do you use primer? What brand?

Yes i use Monistat gel as primer

006-13.jpg

1. Warm or cool shade?

Absolute cool. I have porcelaine skin which means I have white undertones...not pink or yellow.

MAC Studio Fix Liquid in NC15 and MAC Studio Fix Powder in N3. The liquid is close but still a little too dark so I just use it where I need the coverage and then blend it out with the powder.

MAC Select Cover Up in NW15. I cocktail my foundations and concealers to get the best match.

Everytime! MAC Face Protect. I like that it has SPF 15 in it. I also like Smashbox Photofinish Foudation Primer Light and will sometimes use this on my t-zone.

Begin with clean hands and a clean face.

Apply moisturizer appropriate to your skin type. Let it set a few minutes, particularly if your skin is oily.

Camouflage under-eye circles and blemishes with concealer.

Select a foundation that is appropriate to your skin type and the coverage you wish to achieve. The color should match your skin, disappearing when blended well.

Shake the bottle well to mix the formula. Or, simply open a stick or compact version.

Place a small amount of foundation on the back of one hand. Dip your makeup sponge or your middle finger into it.

Apply to the center of your face: cheeks, forehead, chin.

Blend out to your hair and jawline until the foundation vanishes. Pay special attention to blending around the nose, mouth and jawline.

Set the foundation with loose powder immediately following application.

I ve always fond of OLY and i always love to use it as it makes me look younger....

I ve a little bit dark skin and i look cool.... Presently i don ve any photos to upload.. Will do it later.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by tiffylovesboomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok I have a question. I just moved to a new state where it gets REALLY hot in the summer time which obviously makes me sweat alot. I just want to know what foundation should I use? Should I use a powder or liquid or what? Plus I can't spend a lot of money right now so if you have any suggestions please let me know!! Thanks! <3 A mineral makeup works best for me (Florida-wet woolen blanket effect smacking you in the face when you step outside)

1. Warm or cool shade?

light, warm, mild yellow undertone, with mild pink overtones. Does that make me a warm? I've used all shades of light to medium ivory, bisque is too pale, medium beige is too dark.

Tru Minerals in Medium, with setting veil

In winter, Govergirl Clean in 205 with a little Borghese Splendore brighting makeup mixed in

no concealers, though I do need one, just for little red spots

No primer, tried Laura Geller but my skin is way too oily. Gave it to my sister who has dry skin and it works great for her. Every primer I've tried breaks me out.

I may try out the Clinique pore minimizer brunettie uses, I have just huge pores!
sleepyhead.gif

1. Warm or cool shade?

Warm, I have the golden Asian undertones.

Bare Escentuals Medium Beige

Diorskin Forever 031

M.A.C. Select Cover Up NW30

Yes, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

I'll come back to edit with a picture asap!

2 questions about Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Mixed/Oily skin.

1st question:

In MAC SFF I'm a NW30. And I bought the Revlon one in 220 (Natural Beige). Is that good? Cause I noticed it has like a little tiny bit of pinky shade in it, and the MAC one I use it's quite a yellow shade. But the woman that was helping me out with the shade, said it would be ok cause now winter is coming and the skin tends to get whiter/brighter so I wouldn't have no problems with it.

It's the first time ever I buy something of this brand.

2nd question:

I noticed the consistency it's very liquidy. Is yours that way too?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Mine is liquidy as well.

If the shade is too pinky, then winter won't change that. I would exchange it for a more suitable shade.

I have very very pale skin and even the lightest shades of foundation leave a mark on my jaw, does any one know of any mega pale brands that i could try. I have tried most high street brands with no success so far
frown.gif

Okay, so I sampled Graftobian Hi-Def in Midnight Marigold, and I kinda like it. You hafta sheer it out with moisturizer tho, cuz it's a bit oily and heavy. But the finish is gorgeous. I'm waiting for my full size in the mail.

Also I got the Rimmel fix + Perfect and so far I like it. The peach shade doesn't bother me and kinda helps cover the discolorations.

This is a great idea
smile.gif
here's mine

1. I'm pretty neutral toned, cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer. But I'm as neutral as you can get for most part

MUFE: HD 118 (Flesh)

MUFE: Mat Duo 205

MAC: Studio Sculpt NW25

Smashbox HD: Medium 1 in the summer and Light in the winter

3. MAC Studio Sculpt - NC30 (I use this to conceal redness, I don't use under eye concealer)

4. Yes, I use Cover FX Primer

Repost, updated
smile.gif

1. Cool tone, light, rosy beige skin.

Makeup Forever HD #115

MAC Select spf15 NC30

Lily Lolo Candy Cane

EDM Sandy fair (intensive formula)

Makeup Forever green concealer

EDM fair concealer (intensive formula)

With MMU : Fyrinnae's rice paper primer

With Mufe : MUFE HD Primer #1 (green)

I dont know if I'm warm or cool!

I use MAC nw25 Studio Fix fluid or mineralise satinfinish

and

Physicians Formula mineral make up in creamy natural

I don't really wear concealer or primer,but have just ordered smashbox's primer after reading some good things about it. I just hope it doesn't make me break out, cause i have seen a few people say it did that to them!

Back