The ultimate foundation thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i so love this thread. thank you so much for starting this. i only use a regular powder foundation.. angelfit by maybelline. nothing much really.

If you have oily skin I highly reccomend annabelle skin true foundation and Almay pure blends which also acts as an excellent eyeshadow base and concealer for it does not cake or crease. MAC select moisture cover is great as well yet provides a bit too much coverage. The Body Shop tea trea oil foundation stick is excellent for spot control.

hello, newbie here, hope someone can help rec a foundation. My skin is DSNW (as in dr baumann book)

Im looking for a light foundation for day time and a medium coverage foundation for whenever I go out.

thnx!

1. I am not entierly sure if i am a warm of cool shade, i do prefer foundations that are either neutral or a warm shade becuase cool shades tend to make me appear sickly.

2. MUFE Mat Velvet + number 20

Bobbi Brown oil free even finish foundation in Sand

Dream Cream to powder by urban decay in illusion

Boscia oil free tinted moisturizer in light

kores tinted moisturizer in light

Fresh cosmetics pressed powder in northern lights

3. MUFE concealer pallete no. 1

MUFE full cover concealer no. 2

MUFE lift concealer no. 1

Bobbi brown corrector in light bisque

4. I do use primer, i tend to switch it up, but mostly use

Skin Fx acne fighting oil free primer

Laura Geller Welcome Matt

1. Warm or cool shade? Cool shade (I'm pretty sure)

2. Brands and shade of foundations: Clinique supermoisture foundation in linen, I think (or whatever the 2nd lightest shade is)

3. Brands and shade of concealers: Origins Quick, Hide! Concealer in light

4. Do you use primer? What brand? Yes, Reviva labs makeup primer

11237_535100509117_198602142_31455165_1534839_n.jpg

1. Warm or cool shade? I'd say neutral leaning towards cool, although I look good in most warm makeup colors

2. Brands and shade of foundations Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily formula in Sand Beige, L'oréal True Match liquid in Classic Ivory (N2), Everyday Minerals Original Glo formula in Beige- Fairly Light, Rimmel Recover in True Ivory

3. Brands and shade of concealers Almay Line Smoothing in Light, Everyday Minerals in Intensive Fair, Everyday Minerals in Intensive Light (a very yellow shade for blue undereye circles), Mary Kay Signature in Ivory (also quite yellow)

4. Do you use primer? What brand? no; n/a

for me,,,,,estee lauder / double wear is the best one i used until now

for consealer ,,,,,i use YvesSaintLaurent consealer.

primer,,,,mac

im a yellow skintone

i LOVE Lorac Natural Performance Foundation.. i use the shade np5

i also use Benifit's Boing concealer in 2

Primer i use aquaprime from Lorac

Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer

Gosh X-Ceptional Wear Foundation in Natural

MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15

MAC Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium

1. Warm or cool shade? Definitely warm
smile.gif

2. Brands and shade of foundations: Revlon Color Stay Mineral Foundation in Light Medium

3. Brands and shade of concealers: Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in Light

4. Do you use primer? What brand? I don't use primer anymore, I use Nivea Visage Tinted Moisturizer which serves as my primer.

Originally Posted by misskitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have very very pale skin and even the lightest shades of foundation leave a mark on my jaw, does any one know of any mega pale brands that i could try. I have tried most high street brands with no success so far
frown.gif
misskitten I was trying to recreate a Twilight vampire look so hunted down the palest drugstore foundation possible. Well I found Miss Sporty does a matte foundation (it's not too matte - very flattering) in shade 01 which was the absolute palest foundation I found. It cost me about £3, and guess what - I'm hooked! I love it so much that I'm going to repurchase the 02 (medium) shade (my true shade) to replace my SFF when it runs out
laughing.gif

1. Warm or cool shade? Warm - I have yellow undertones, though Mac is known for its backwards colour wheel, so I'm an NC.

2. Brands and shade of foundations: winter: MAC NC25 SFF, MAC NC27 studio tech, Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect in medium 73, Maybelline dream satin liquid foundation in Nude. Summer: bobbi brown tinted moisturiser in medium, bobby brown skin foudation in 3.5 warm beige (this is slightly too beige), when I'm tan: MAC NC30 SFF, Clarins tinted moisturiser in Peche, Loreal Infallible in Golden Sun.

3. Brands and shade of concealers: summer: MAC select cover up in NC30, winter: MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC20

4. Do you use primer? nope - I use Nivea's oil free moisturiser only before makeup.

1. Warm or cool shade?

I'm not sure, really. Possibly cool or neutral.

2. Brands and shade of foundations

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Porcelain Ivory - Light 1

It's an alright foundation. It has great coverage and an amazing finish, but it slides off my t-zone by the middle of the day so I end up having to reapply.

3. Brands and shade of concealers

Almay Bright Eyes Concealer/Eye Primer in Light

I love this concealer! It stays on till I take it off at the end of the day and only creases a tiny bit.

4. Do you use primer? What brand?

Nah.

I'm a blonde with green eyes, I have cool skin with blue/red under tones.

I use Smashbox primer both the regular and Hybrid

MAC NW20, I like their Studio Fix, Mineralize Liquid, Select Tint and Moistureblend compact. In the summer I use their Stick foundation in NW23 or NC27

I also like YSL brush on foudation in number 4, I love Presciptives Flawless Skin in Porcelain and Rose in the summer. I am gutted that this range has been withdrawn by the Lauder group and would welcome any ideas on alternatives for these.

I like Amazing cosmetics concealers as the colours suit me and they are extemely dense. I mainly use these under my eyes and around my nose. I aslo like the Smashbox under eye brightener and of course YSL Touche Eclat although its not dense enough for me to use alone. I tried the Chanel equivalent recently with great results.

I need serious help with foundation. I have gone between Revlon Colorstay in 380 (Rich Ginger) Revlon Custom Creations 060 (Deep), Mary Kay Mineral Foundation in Bronze 1... Yeah I think I look ashy...
bawling.gif
11dh.gif

So any suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated!!!

Spanks!!

11dh.gif

1. Warm or cool shade?

Not sure

2. Brands and shade of foundations

Revlon Colorstay Rich Ginger

3. Brands and shade of concealers

None need help there too

4. Do you use primer? What brand?

Nope.

1. Warm or cool shade? I have very light skin with warm undertones

2. Brands and shade of foundations Revlon Colorstay in Ivory and/or Buff (sometimes I mix them) Revlon Photoready in 002 Vanilla, Revlon Age Defying Spa in 002 Fair-Light, Covergirl Clean Oil Free in 505 Ivory, Sally Hansen Carmindy Your Skin in 01 Porcelain, L'oreal True Match in W1 (though W1 is VERY light, so I use it as a mixer with other foundations or in the dead of winter if I'm VERY pale), NC15 in MAC

3. Brands and shade of concealers: L'oreal True Match in W1-2-3, Benefit Boi-ing in 02, Ben Nye redness reducer concealer in the lightest shade

4. Do you use primer? What brand? I use the Monistat anti-chafing gel if I need a primer, but I don't use primer daily

1. Warm or cool shade? Cool

2. Brands and shade of foundations? Revlon ColorStay in Ivory

3. Brands and shade of concealers? Revlon ColorStay in Fair

3 1/2. Powder? I also use Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder in Fair..

4. Do you use primer? What brand? Yes, Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel

0122001630a.jpg

home.php

I have a yellowish color skin and i am looking for a perfect foundation. Would anybody suggest me the appropriate one?

I don't know if I'm warm or cool..

I have pretty light skin for an Asian.

I use NARS Sheerglow foundation (liquid) light4.

I'm still looking for good translucent powder to set my foundation and good to carry with me >:]

I use Stilla Shade C concealer

and id bare escentuals- Prime Time as primer.

Neutral skin tone with some olive

Foundation shades: MAC NW30, CoverFX E40, Dior 030, Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder (foundation)- 03

Concealer: Revlon Colorstay Medium, TheBalm Time Balm- Light/Medium

Powder: MAC Blot Powder- Medium/Dark

Primer: GOSH Velvet Touch Primer

Back