• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

theBalm on Hautelook: Friday, May 3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I just purchased a new tube of Laura Mercier's TM as a back up...but how do you like Balm Shelter?
I haven't tried it yet. The only TM that I have is Neutrogena and the color's bit dark, so I don't use it. Balm Shelter looks promising based on reviews tho, and opinions here on MUT. You like it right? I'm also looking forward to the concealer. Do you have this concealer? How do you compare it with tarte's maracuja?

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried it yet. The only TM that I have is Neutrogena and the color's bit dark, so I don't use it. Balm Shelter looks promising based on reviews tho, and opinions here on MUT. You like it right? I'm also looking forward to the concealer. Do you have this concealer? How do you compare it with tarte's maracuja?
Ahh I bought the tinted moisturizer too and was going to ask how your experience was with it.  I'm looking for something lighter to wear during the summer so I hope it's good!

I've been waiting for this day :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the Nude 'Tude palette, the Mary-Louminizer, Bahama Mama, and the TM.  Can't wait to get them!

I almost got some concealer, and after reading this thread, I really wish I would have!! :/ Might still get it after I work a few days this weekend.

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahh I bought the tinted moisturizer too and was going to ask how your experience was with it.  I'm looking for something lighter to wear during the summer so I hope it's good!

I've been waiting for this day :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the Nude 'Tude palette, the Mary-Louminizer, Bahama Mama, and the TM.  Can't wait to get them!

I almost got some concealer, and after reading this thread, I really wish I would have!! :/ Might still get it after I work a few days this weekend.
I really hope their TM isn't oilyyy.. That's the worst!

I have Nude'Tude, Mary Lou, and Bahama Mama. I think you're gonna LOVE them! Bahama Mama is my current go-to bronzing/contouring powder --and I have a lot of bronzing powders. I love contouring!!

Beyond shadows/palettes I've only used their foundation. I loooove it and its not oily at all. I haven't used the concealer but there were really great reviews and before/afters I saw on YouTube. I'm hoping if I'm a light/medium in foundation then id be that same shade for everything else if I DO buy... Which I shouldn't. I do love that foundation though.

I have an address in the US but to ship from there to here (Toronto) I'd be looking at around $25+, so for Hautelook the 10$ shipping fee and the 20% of taxes and international surcharges is ok if i get a large enough order. Everything is more expensive here anyways, and because Hautelook charges the US price (with the CAN exchange rate being pretty equal) I still end up saving. And the best part, I don't have to worry about paying taxes/customs at the door when my order finally gets delivered. Or maybe I'm just trying to justify why I keep ordering a ton of times...

Anyone who has the concealer or foundation in 'light' or 'lighter than light', how's the match & what's your MAC/MUFE shade? I don't know which to get. OMG I lost 'Put A Lid On It' cause I didn't re-add it fast enough. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm gonna be optimistic and say another ones gonna free up.

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I just purchased a new tube of Laura Mercier's TM as a back up...but how do you like Balm Shelter?
I have Balm Shelter(along with a theBalm hoarding problem...) It's decent, not at all oily. I have dry skin though and it didn't cut it as a moisturizer. I normally use Bobbi Browns TM and compared to that, Balm Shelter feels really heavy, closer to actual foundation than moisturizer. It has pretty good coverage though. I picked up and extra because its great for $12. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally got my Hautelook package.

All I can say is all the hype around Mary Lou Manizer is true!

What an amazing product!!!! Love!!!!

I also got the Meet Matte Nude (size matters) palette.

I like it, not sure I love it though.

The shadows seem a bit chalky...not bad, but not fantastic quality.

Did anyone else have that impression?

Maybe I just need to play around with it a bit more.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my Hautelook package.

All I can say is all the hype around Mary Lou Manizer is true!

What an amazing product!!!! Love!!!!

I also got the Meet Matte Nude (size matters) palette.

I like it, not sure I love it though.

The shadows seem a bit chalky...not bad, but not fantastic quality.

Did anyone else have that impression?

Maybe I just need to play around with it a bit more.
I have the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette from theBalm's 50% off sale... it's one of my go-tos! I bought the Nude Tude palette as well, and decided to keep it in it's packaging to give away since I don't think it's all that great. I've been really into matte shadows lately, I guess. Maybe a TAD chalky, compared to my Lorac Pro palette shadows, but still lovely shadows. 

and yes, Mary Lou is AWESOME! I was so happy they replaced my broken one since I use it daily :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Meet Matt(e) palette arrived defective;  I noticed after I started looking at tutorials that my Matt Singh isn't correct.  Hautelook claims that the sale is final despite the obvious defect.  I've emailed TheBalm and hope that maybe they can help, because I really love the shade of the peachy matte shadow that is supposed to be there!  

Originally Posted by heartshapedbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Meet Matt(e) palette arrived defective;  I noticed after I started looking at tutorials that my Matt Singh isn't correct.  Hautelook claims that the sale is final despite the obvious defect.  I've emailed TheBalm and hope that maybe they can help, because I really love the shade of the peachy matte shadow that is supposed to be there!  

Oh no! That sucks!! I really like the peachy color. Even if "all sales are final" I don't think that should include a defective product. Hopefully theBalm will help you out. 

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tried my Meet Matte palette last night...love it more than I thought!!!!
Now I'm wishing I had picked up that as well! Everyone raves about it. I'm still waiting on my order to even ship, can't wait!

Got my order yesterday and finally got to try it all out today.

I LOOOOVE the tinted moisturizer.  It really evened out my skin tone and gave pretty good coverage.  I ordered the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, and I like the Balm's wayyyy better.

The Nude Tude palette is freakin' gorgeous.  I used Sassy, Snobby, Sultry, Seductive, and Sophisticated to do my eye makeup today and I think it's the best I've ever done.  Definitely putting my Naked Basics palette down for a little while!

I also got the bronzer and Hot Mama (I think?) blush and I'm absolutely in love with them both as well.

Mary Lou-minizer needs no words.. new HG highlighter for me!

The only thing I'm not too sure about is the concealer.  I can't seem to find one that I feel works well for me :/

Totally in love with The Balm now, I can see what all the hype was about.  Their products rock!

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my order yesterday and finally got to try it all out today.

I LOOOOVE the tinted moisturizer.  It really evened out my skin tone and gave pretty good coverage.  I ordered the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, and I like the Balm's wayyyy better.

The Nude Tude palette is freakin' gorgeous.  I used Sassy, Snobby, Sultry, Seductive, and Sophisticated to do my eye makeup today and I think it's the best I've ever done.  Definitely putting my Naked Basics palette down for a little while!

I also got the bronzer and Hot Mama (I think?) blush and I'm absolutely in love with them both as well.

Mary Lou-minizer needs no words.. new HG highlighter for me!

The only thing I'm not too sure about is the concealer.  I can't seem to find one that I feel works well for me :/

Totally in love with The Balm now, I can see what all the hype was about.  Their products rock!
Glad you like your products! I tried out theBalm for the first time a few months ago and got a ton of stuff during this sale as well.  My package came this morning and I got the TM as well and I'm glad to hear you like it! Especially as I was JUST about to order the Jouer but maybe now I'll hold off and use this one for a bit.  

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad you like your products! I tried out theBalm for the first time a few months ago and got a ton of stuff during this sale as well.  My package came this morning and I got the TM as well and I'm glad to hear you like it! Especially as I was JUST about to order the Jouer but maybe now I'll hold off and use this one for a bit.  
Let me know how you like it!

okay I know it hasn't even been a month yet but I'm still stalking HauteLook for theBalm again. Ahhhh! I need more Instains! Did they even offer any Instains during their last sale on HL? The only Balm order I've placed was during their official website's 50% sale.

Originally Posted by LovelyLush /img/forum/go_quote.gifDid they even offer any Instains during their last sale on HL?
Not last time, but I'm hoping they will soon.  I had only a few products before the April 50% off sale, and now I'm hooked.  Balm Jovi and Meet Matte Nude have changed my life! I picked up Swiss Dot from the 50% off sale and now I'm hoping to get Toile and maybe a few more.

Back