This girl is a future muTer, lol !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I didn't say "i want to slap her parents" for no reason. maybe it's because i've seen a lot of really young girls on the streets these days wearing make up and acting like brats. i just feel disappointed when i see these little girls wearing designer clothing and expensive make up, when they can have fun doing other things more appropriate their age.

but if she's just trying on make up for fun and not wearing it out then i'm fine with it. but i would never let my child put on make up...that is if i ever have one.

and if i offended anyone i apologize~

oh gosh. what a cutie! can you say FUTURE DIVA in the making?

Im sure her MOM was videotaping, and obviously put it on youtube, so it was probably for school or fun! There is nothing wrong with little girls playing with makeup! I used to play with my makeup and dress up all the time when I was a little girl! Keep those imaginations alive!

girls gonna poke her eye out! omg so cute though. i dont see the big deal with girls playing with makeup. play with is the key words here!

HAHA, that is so cute, i think if my daughter played with mine, and acted cute like this kid i would make a video of her too, and she is already into it, not cause i encourage her to want to use makeup, but because she sees me putting it on, she gets curious and wants to know what it feels like to wear it. I always tell her that she doesnt need it, that she is already pretty without it, i dont think there is anything wrong with little girls playing with makeup at all, for them is just a game.

I see nothing scandalous. It's very cute! My daughter has been playing with my makeup since she was 4. She does not leave our home with it on, but she does like playing with it when I do my face.

Omg, how cute is That!!
biggrin.gif

Am I the only person that played with makeup as a little kid? I have VERY specific memories of a HUGE collection of leftover Mary Kay and Avon samples and boards that I had. This was when I was maybe 4 at the time. It went along with an old phone and some broken luggage and a few business cards and a stamp that I used to play Airlines / Library / Model / Phone Operator / Mary Kay makeup lady / etc....

I had a tv show too!!! only, i didn't have youtube at the time and i didnt have a video camera... i had a cassette player. to record myself talking as if i had a tv show.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Am I the only person that played with makeup as a little kid? I have VERY specific memories of a HUGE collection of leftover Mary Kay and Avon samples and boards that I had. This was when I was maybe 4 at the time. It went along with an old phone and some broken luggage and a few business cards and a stamp that I used to play Airlines / Library / Model / Phone Operator / Mary Kay makeup lady / etc....I had a tv show too!!! only, i didn't have youtube at the time and i didnt have a video camera... i had a cassette player. to record myself talking as if i had a tv show.

You're not the only one! I remember doing those things too. Playing like I was a business woman carrying some kind of suitcase as a "briefcase" walking in my little plastic "heels" (they came with some kind of fairy barbie costume thing" with an old cordless phone talking like I was important, hehe. And I'd have mom's makeup smeared on my face. It's no different then other make believe games that I played like house, or grocery store, or doctor. Just about every little girl out there has a baby doll of some kind, does that mean we're telling them to get pregnant and have a kid? If that's the case then I'd be more worried about that then playing with makeup
And the thing about her seeing mommy feeling ugly without makeup and then feeling that way herself is a whooole different thing. There are certain things you want to try and not say/do in front of your kids. Thats the same as mom sayin "Everything I wear makes me look fat" or something like that.

Dang! Lil mama has a steadier hand than mine! And I love her blending techiques!

That was too cute. Yes, a little young to be wearing make up, but I just think she is playing around with it, like lots of little girls do. She was just having fun.

Perhaps her mother does tutorials herself, seen her mum do it, and wanted to do one herself?

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I seriously think that this little girl's mother let her play in makeup, I dont see any scandal or disgust in that. I played in makeup from 4 and beyond, never left the house with it on, still graduated with honors, so "slapping" parents of a child that you dont raise is a bad idea. I guess that means alot of parents need to be slapped, including me. that's exactly how i think. i remember i had an old palette for mardi gras with different paints safe to use on a kid's face. that and all the samples mom got at Yves Rocher or any other shop, lol. no harm in that, it's just a game.
i also have a specific memory of me applying my lipbalm on my barbie dolls, hoping it would moisturize their skin...
eusa_whistle.gif
laughing.gif

I think she's cute! I used to want to use my mum's makeup when I was little simply because I thought it was grown up. I don't think there's anything wrong with her playing. My mum never gave me the impression that you had to wear makeup either.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Am I the only person that played with makeup as a little kid? I have VERY specific memories of a HUGE collection of leftover Mary Kay and Avon samples and boards that I had. This was when I was maybe 4 at the time. It went along with an old phone and some broken luggage and a few business cards and a stamp that I used to play Airlines / Library / Model / Phone Operator / Mary Kay makeup lady / etc....I had a tv show too!!! only, i didn't have youtube at the time and i didnt have a video camera... i had a cassette player. to record myself talking as if i had a tv show.

Oh I loved Avon samples!!! The mini lipsticks were my favorite!

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cute, but IMO, she's too young to wear makeup! I agree.

That girl was so cute! LOL! I don't think that there's anything wrong with this. It's just a little girl playing dress-up to me.

I kept saying "aww" throughout the video.

"Lispic"... awww :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And when she smiled after putting on the mascara... double aww.

The thing with little girls and makeup, at work, my 9 year old girls wear it so they can appeal to the boys - which I hate... unless it's chapstick or a bit of gloss, then I'm fine.

The girl in the video is obviously doing it for fun and there's that difference. Makeup for fun and makeup to look appealing to others.

It seemed like a mini-spoof of makeup tutorials to me, haha.

She is very cute but if she was my child I would not allow her to wear makeup. One good thing is she doesnt mess up her mum's make up like my 3 yr old does!!! I think I would allow my girl to try it at home but not wear it outside house.

"lispic" awwwwwww!!

As long as she's not applying that makeup to go compete in a little girls beauty pageant then it looks like a fun playtime to me!

Back