Tinted Lip Balm * EASY & NO MESS *

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it's loose e/s, why not? i know MAC indicates which pigments are safe to use on the lips.

i don't know about food coloring, i had (maybe it's false) the impression the food colorings were mostly chemicals, and i wonder if they would color also the lips?

looooooooooool :add_wegbrech: ouch !!

i love mangos, they're my favorite smoothie ingredient, and when i'll have more time, i'll try to find a recipe for a body lotion :yey: yum !! (i'll put a special label : "not for eating").

YAY !!!! i made my very own first lipbalm !!

i boiled all the tools in a big pan for 10 minutes. the original recipe involved 2,5g of each oil and 2g of acid and shea butter (all fitting in a 9ml pot). as i don't have a precise balance and those things cost a fortune for me, i used a mocha spoon.

i mixed :

a moka spoon of stearic acid

a moka spoon of shea butter

a moka spoon of vanilla oil

a moka spoon of coconut oil

i put them in a small saucepan, using the double boiler method, on low to medium heat, and stirred with a small round knife (the one you use to spread butter on a toast lol). then i took the pan off the heat, and gently put the thing in a small lipbalm pot. make sure you do that quickly though, as it tends to become solid quite rapidly.

i added, just for the fun, a single drop of mango extract, powerful thing so you really don't need much.

then wait until it's cool to put the cap on it.

next time i'll try adding some pigment, i was thinking some rosebud blush (from lily lolo).

i haven't tried it yet, though i can tel it smells good, and Mom stopped me there, she had to cook an apple pie, we have a small kitchen so i though my lipbalm experiments would have to wait :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (i must say my mom's apple pies are really good so, worth it).

You could also exchange the stearic acid by beeswax - there are ones that smell like honey! If you research on the internet you'll find tons of websites teaching how to make your own lipbalm! Also, one thing i'd like to try would be making lotion bars (like Lush ones)

oh my gosh!!! thanks so much for sharing this! this is fantastic! i'll try it with MMU though..

i tried this with mmu.. i think i used too much powder, though, because it turned all cakey and made my lips flake. but its probably because i mostly used foundation powder. i only did that because i wanted a nude lip color.

Back