TKB Trading Micas and Mattes - NEW Colors Added *pic heavy*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TKB's shipping costs more than CS but they will try to accomodate and they will refund portions of your shipping if it ends up costing less... on the other hand, they will bill you if it ended up costing more.  I've never had an issue with it taking an unreasonable length of time to reach me in Vancouver, BC.  TKB samples mostly contain more...1 tablespoon vs 1 teaspoon in a CS sample.  I buy from both.  If you are making shadows just for yourself, a tablespoon worth fills more than a container of MAC pigment @($25cdn).  

Originally Posted by tiarra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I heard TKB's shipping is awful. Confirm or deny?
Originally Posted by tiarra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It took forever for them to ship from the warehouse.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

TKB's shipping costs more than CS but they will try to accomodate and they will refund portions of your shipping if it ends up costing less.
really?!  how much is CS shipping?  TKB costs me 3 bucks for shipping

Here's 37 more shades I just got , a lot are duochrome so I have pics with and without flash:

Murasaki Violet Matte Tone, Chromium Oxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Dark Brown Oxide, Red 40 Alum Lake

SmokeXXX (duo gray/purple, mostly purple), Storm, Soft Black, Soft Brown, Pearl White, Silken Gold

Indian Blue (duo teal/green/gold), Limerick, Pearl Green, Lucky Green (duo green/gold), Soft Green, Pisces Blue (duo blue/gold), Dublin Green (duo green/pink or purple), Twilight Green

Pearl Yellow, Soft Yellow, Soft Bronze, Soft Red, Soft Mauve, Brilliant Glitter Red, Cloisonne Red, Be My Valentine (duo pink/gold), Pearl Pink (duo pink/blue)

Soft Violet, Pearl Violet, Grape Parfait, Soft Blue Violet, Pearl Blue, Soft Blue, Midnight Blue, Blackstar Blue

Bonnie all those colors look amazing, i think you just got me addicted to TBK Trading lol. have you ever thought about doing makeup freelance? I ask because it seems like you are building up quite the kit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mmm  I've thought about it, but I have never done makeup on another person and I don't think I would be good enough haha.  Especially being out here in LA.

I'm so addicted to TKB I am determined to get every color.  The pictures on their website and evern these ones  don't even do these colors justice.  It's amazing how pretty these are, especially Pisces.  The camera can't pick up the color right, it's the prettiest shade I've ever seen.

I took this pic for my blog but I'll post it here ... it's my storage for all my TKB pigments.  The tower is 2 ft exactly lmao

And doing makeup on other people is almost the same as doing it on yourself, and actually it's kind of easier to do other peoples makeup. atleast i think so because you can see what you are doing a lot easier. I tend do client makeup faster than my own, I had a bride done in 20 minutes once. and with bridal season coming up, you might be able to make some extra cash ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm with Sherrybaby. Can someone tell me what you use the mica's for? I understand that Mica is colored minerals for makeup use, correct?

How do you make them? how do you use them? what do you do with shades that aren't safe for either lips or eyes? What other things can you do with them?

I love color in my life but I'm pretty neutral with my makeup. I'd like to learn how to branch out. I've only taught myself how to do makeup in the last few years. So any other tips on application or anything else appreciated as well.

Thanks.

They're made from minerals and things from the earth I don't know how though.  They can be used for eyes, lips, cheeks, nail polish etc.  Think of it as loose, broken eyeshadows I guess.

OH MY! All of those colors are amazing. Too bad you can't use the florescent colors as eye shadows. . .

Yeah, but there's kind of similar colors that you can buy so I'm ok with that.  Besides, it make a very pretty lipgloss!

That's most def true. OH, what was the name of the powder that is similar to the HD powder from ELF

Back