TKB Trading Micas and Mattes - NEW Colors Added *pic heavy*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I really need to break open my TKB stock. I bought over 50 samples last year intending to press my own eyeshadows but never had the time. So i have all these micas and not sure what to do with them all.

I agree Coastal scents and TKB micas are the same. Ive bought from both. I kind of fail with loose pigments. Truly. They intimidate me. So I am not sure if i can use the sample straight, or if they need a binder .... or if they need like a silica. Probably should invest in their recipe book.  So many pretty colors. I like to look at them in their baggies... sad :/

I bought massive amounts of bases and fillers. No clue how they work :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And really dont have the time....

so if thats a venture any of you want... I even have pans, pressing tools, binding liquid. All that shtuff...

Did you get the eyeshadow base from TKB?  You'll need to mix some of that with the mica to get it to stick to your eyelids.  There are recipes on colour and how to make shadows in the TKB site.  It's the easiest thing to do... no need to be scared.  It does work best with little ziplock baggies.  Get some of those before starting and make really small batches because a little goes a long long ways and you don't want to waste your colours on making too much.  If you have the little measuring scoops from TKB, use them.  They are way way way smaller than regular measuring spoons.

Yep, I went out and bought the whole shabang, little baggies, measuring spoons, even an adorable mini grinder thing. I had a hard time pressing though, I am certain I used too much liquid binder but using less made it seem to dry. I'm sure i just need to be more patient with it.

I just made my order today. Can't wait. Thanks for the swatches, Bonnie
flowers.gif

Haha, yeah it can be time consuming and a bit messy but it's so worth it.  I love looking at all the pretty colors !

I've often gone to TKB's site, filled up my cart and then cancelled ordering. I've heard things about crappy shipping and customer service, etc, which made me seriously hesitate. I've had zero problems with Coastal Scents since I started ordering from them about 3+ years ago. Their shipping is cheap and fast coming from Florida to Canada and I've never even had a small issue regarding billing, invoicing, etc. The one time that my containers of fillers and micas got smashed to pieces by Canada Post cramming my package in our tiny mailbox, they immediately sent out another package and included some extras even though it wasn't their fault. And many of their mineral eye shadows are absolutely killer, especially when you can get them at 40 to 50% off. That being said, I've now decided I'm going to bite the bullet and order from TKB. I'll just have my order shipped to our US address to save on shipping costs and time. Thanks so much for swatching these for everybody! :)

Satojoko, I live in Canada and ordered like 4 or 5 times from TKB (actually my last order was shipped a few days ago). I never had a single issue. I actually prefer ordering from them, since I know CS used to repackage TKB's micas and sell it at an increased price a few years ago (don't know if they're still doing it, though).

I think Coastal Scents gets their micas from the same company that TKB does and that would be from BASF, the world's largest chemical company.

I've ordered from both.  They have very similar mica colours.  I've not had any problems with either company nor read anything bad about TKB or Coastal Scents.  It's always better to take the advice of actual customers than from hearsay.

Back