Toothpaste on pimples?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If any of you have used toothpaste on a pimple to dry it out, and had good results, I suggest using the following product. Queen Helene's mint julep mask. Queen Helene's products have been around for years, and they are fairly inexpensive. You can buy them at the drugstore, and I swear by the mint julep mask! Yes, I know that applying toothpaste to your pimples can dry out the skin and cause adverse effects, so I started using the mask @ night. I apply it to my entire nose area (after I have sqeezed out all the blackheads) and to any pimples that I might have. This stuff is amazing! And for under 3.00 a bottle, it's worth trying out.

There are some great reviews on this product. I only use it when I feel a cystic pimple coming because it does dry my skin out a bit. But it does work wonders on my cystic pimples

oh wow i will have to look out for it. i tried toothpaste and it did nothing!! Thanks for your post
biggrin.gif

I tried toothpaste once and it burned like hell. Anyone else have this happen??

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif if u use t-paste, it should NOT be the gel type or 'whitening' ITA! lol. It has to be plain old toothpaste. I've tried it before and it worked well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif if u use t-paste, it should NOT be the gel type or 'whitening' I think that was my problem. I didn't pay attention to what was in it.

Originally Posted by MAC Lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried toothpaste once and it burned like hell. Anyone else have this happen??
Did u go at your skin for a bit before applying the toothpaste? Because if would do that if yr skin is aggravated (I picked at a pimple once and it "burned like hell." Other than that it's been fine for me...

About toothpaste being damaging tho, I hope yr not serious, cuz I've been using it since high school... Now I'm worried about damage...

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did u go at your skin for a bit before applying the toothpaste? Because if would do that if yr skin is aggravated (I picked at a pimple once and it "burned like hell." Other than that it's been fine for me... Yeah, I probably was not paying attention.

i know people who tried it and it worked for them... but for me it didnt help at all.. no harm in trying..

Thanks for posting! This mask is very popular. I like their Grapeseed one.

the queen helene mint julep is a staple for many of us around mut! i've used the toothpaste method as well, and it worked great.

QHMJM is awesome, and a staple for me like it is many others. Toothpaste is a good alternative to that, but not as effective. The sulfer in QHMJM is key -- they use sulfer in many rx acne products too...so go figure it'll work!

I have toothpaste on this huge inflamed pimple as we speak. Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree Oil both didn´t work.

So after I wash off the toothpase at night I`ll see if there´s any improvement. If not I´ll put some Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque on it. That little sucker needs to go!!!
frown.gif

Queen helene mint julep mask is a hg mask along with mark decongesting mask.

Well toothpast didn´t really work so I put Queen Helene mask on my pimple, and now the pimple is 2/3 smaller. YAY.

I´ve tried this before, the mask doesn´t work an every kind of pimple, but this time it worked

Latest posts

Back