Top companies for mineral eye shadow pigments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As i like to press my minerals:

- Everyday Minerals (turns out perfect with ez press or dry)

- Signature minerals ( turns out perfect with ez prezz or dry)

-About Face ( TSS ) - like a lot, but hesitante about their finishes. Either too shimmery or too creepy matte.

- MAD Minerals - love everything from them, but have not tried to press.

My biggest disappointments in mineral eyeshadows are Cory and Fyrinnae. Goes on very patchy and doesnt press well. Some of the colors from Fyrinnae works great as liners, though .

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif As i like to press my minerals:
- Everyday Minerals (turns out perfect with ez press or dry)

- Signature minerals ( turns out perfect with ez prezz or dry)

-About Face ( TSS ) - like a lot, but hesitante about their finishes. Either too shimmery or too creepy matte.

- MAD Minerals - love everything from them, but have not tried to press.

My biggest disappointments in mineral eyeshadows are Cory and Fyrinnae. Goes on very patchy and doesnt press well. Some of the colors from Fyrinnae works great as liners, though .

I think anyone who likes to press won't be happy with Fyrinnae. Or if you like matte or plain colors. A brand like Fyrinnae is all about the right application.
Recently I received Archetype and they are similar to Fyrinnae. Today I'm wearing their turquoise serpent. Not your plain brown. They are in my top three mineral eyeshadow brands now along with Aromaleigh in terms of uniqueness. If you don't like shimmer and unique interferences though, you probably won't like any of the brands I picked lol

I've tried many companies, my favorite brands need to have excellent quality, affordable prices and hundreds of colors (yes, I'm a color junkie
crazy.gif
).

1. Aromaleigh (I love their CS and web site is VERY nice), my favorites are mattes, eye plush, Bete noire, Gothic Lolita collections... Well, there only few individual colors that I don't absolutely love
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. Can't wait to see AL's next butterfly inspired collection!

2. The She Space/ About face cosmetics (samples are only 0.50 and I love the colors), I don't like TSS mattes but I love the shimmery ones!

3rd is more difficult... AL and TSS are my favorites but I also like some colors from Meow, Alima (more "classical" colors), Fyrinnae, Arhetype (but I don't want to wait 3 months to get my piggies), EDM...

edit: I got my first Orglamix order and it's definitely in my top 3!

So many that I love but if only choosing 3 I should say

She Space - beautiful shimmers colors and last all day

Fyrinnae - beautfiul shimmer colors and last all day

Earthen Glow - lots of beautiful matte and shimmer colors and last all day

Aromaleigh - lots of beautiful collections

TKB Trading - gotta love the prices

Archetype - the shipping is a killer - 4 months!!!

The Conservatorie also has luvly stuff, Gold Earth and Salmon Iridescence for instance.

1. Aromaleigh, very pigmented and glides like a dream on the skin; over 300 choices with different textures and they also come up with limited edition collections, and most importantly, you don't wait forever to get your orders. I get mine in 3 business days.

2. Lumierecosmetics (dot) com

3. Adorned With Grace. Their pigments remind me of MAC's shadows' texture.

Sometimes famous brand mineral makeup companies buy their products to small companies and sell for a higher price. Aside from MAC and Saphora, I am very please with Coastal Scents eyeshadow pigments. You dont need extra products to put on your eyelid to make it last long and the colors are amazing

Bella Pierre gets my vote, they have over 50 different shades and mix together so easily, love them! The colors are super vibrant and last pretty long, Norcalbella.com has them for $10 each so not too shabby in price range either.

Hi! My new absolute favorite is Sassy Minerals. The pigmentation is excellent and the colors are very unique. I have received two orders from them (my most recent arrived today) and I have been very pleased with the service and speed from the time I place the order to the time it reaches my door. The shipping is pretty cheap too! They remind me of the She Space in some ways, but the Sassy colors (that I have tried) seem to have more pigmentation. I think this is a top notch product line that should not be missed!

Aromaleigh is my primary go-to company for unique eyeshadow shades. I've had so much fun getting samples of the many different limited collections that were released this year.

I also really like Fyrinnae because of their unique colors and really generous samples! They're a much better value than Aromaleigh if you compare their sample sizes and costs.

Bella Pierre also gets my vote! I've got about 5 shades from them and they're all just lovely~

Fyrinnae, Aromaleigh, and Archetype are my absolute favorites. The Fyrinae and Archetypes go on better with a little ColorLoc from GlitterGaloreandmore.com. It's a medium gel you mix with the ES and then sweep or pat on. Makes the glitters and shimmers of those high intensity pigments go on and look exactly like they're supposed to.

I have to add Sassy Minerals to my list! OMG those colors are just amazing... I have a lots of swatches in my blog. Sassy Minerals is a new company and the colors are truly unique.

edit: So my top 4 is:

1. Aromaleigh

2. Sassy Minerals

3. The She Space

4. Fyrinnae

(I have tried so many companies with excellent products but these companies have enought colors to satisfy me. LOL)

I really like Meow's LE colors, especially their past Halloween and Friday the 13 colors.

My favorite brand used to be aromaleigh for the best all around creativity plus great mattes, pearls, frosts, etc. and nice sales, but recently the owner got ticked off at me for a forum post and a review I wrote, banning me from the forum and probably from buying her products. I would have been able to separate personal opinions from the products she created, but she wasn't able too
frown.gif

Morgana minerals: Her color shifting pigments are the best! I highly recommend her themed collections, like halloween, christmas, "pirates", lol. Her shadows are like aromaleigh's, but cheaper and without the attitude if you have a problem. Unfortunately, her company is small and growing, so there is a $20 minimum on a order. But samples ship for free, are $1 and are 1/8 a teaspoon in a baggie. Don't be put off by the gothy decoration. Her shadows span all colors and finishes! She also has EXTREMELY pigmented vegan lippies for sale.

Ok, honorable mentions:

I only recently got into Spell cosmetics. I wasn't too impressed with my small first order. However, when I ordered from some of the more newly released eyeshadow collections (Jewel Thief, Velvet Matte, Victorian Couture) and the lippies in the baciare formulation (and got a sample of their eye primer) I was very pleasantly surprised. I am sure that with more purchases, they will make their way higher on my list. I get free shipping there too, which is really nice. I am not sure if it is because I am a VIP member, or just because they do that frequently.

Fyrinnae. Really creative colors, cheap, extremely generous samples in JARS, but you have to be so careful when applying their sparkly shades. That is why they don't make it into my top three.

See, I think there is a trick to sparkly eyeshadows. I know that Morgana's sparkly eyeshadows don't have fallout like Fyrinnae. I have a feeling that it is the carnauba wax coated mica that she uses in all her shadow formulations.

Samples:

Fyrinnae: 1/4 teaspooon samples in a jar, $1.75, free shipping after orders total over $20 dollars, no minimum order that I know of

Aromaleigh: 1/16 teaspoon samples in a baggie, $1, free shipping on samples, $5 minimum order

Morgana: 1/8 teaspoon samples in a baggie, $1, free shipping on samples, $20 minimum order

Meow: 1/8 teaspooon sample in a baggie, $1, shipping is pretty steep, $ 4.35 for 1-35 samples, free after that

Spell: no samples, that's bad, but if you are a VIP member, all you have to do is register on their site and email them and they'll make you one right now, and everything is 25% off and you get free shipping, so eyeshadows are $6 for full sizes and ship free.

Gotta check out Sassy and Lauress now!

Just gotta say that I am really liking Fyrinnae now. They are def. in my top three now. I've gotten more experienced with sparkely shadows
smile.gif
. And their samples are now 1/3 teaspoon in a jar, and are $2. The arcane samples have always been a bit more expensive, (due to the higher cost of their micas) and are $2 for 1/4 a teaspoon.

And the Morgana order minimum is now $15.

Also should add Hi-Fi to the list of honorable mentions.

Originally Posted by Roodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif is MAC pigments considered mineral e/s? if so, then MAC hands down! MAC pigments aren't mineral products. It's something completely different.
smile.gif

Back