• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Tamara76 did you try with another brand, only? Like for example if you picked up a Stila palette and lipstick and tried the coupon, but without adding anything from UD or Too Faced at all, did that give you 20% off?

The coupon is actually very misleading. 

Rather than indicating that all prestige brands are excluded from the 20% off (like they normally do), the fine print on my coupon indicates that the discount is not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Urban Decay Vice LTD, Beauty Steals and Benefit Brow Services in addition to things like past purchases, etc... 

This would lead one to believe that other UD, Benefit, Too Faced etc... products that are not specifically excluded in the fine print would be included in the discount.  HOWEVER, if you try to buy something from one of these specifically non-excluded brands on the Ulta website and apply the coupon code, the discount does not apply to these prestige brand items.  These items do have specific verbiage on their product pages indicating that they are not eligible for coupons.

That being said, I have only tried to use my coupon code online not tried to use the coupon in store - I just can't bear dealing with the Ulta employees at the two stores closest to me.  I am curious to hear if anyone has luck using the discount with other UD, Too Faced, etc... products in store.

Frankly, I think this is a very deceptive marketing ploy, but I wouldn't expect less from Ulta... (Sorry for the rant, but Ulta continues to underwhelm me more and more each day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).
This is not accurate. The only exclusions to the individual, single-use codes are listed directly on the coupons.

The coupon is actually very misleading. 

Rather than indicating that all prestige brands are excluded from the 20% off (like they normally do), the fine print on my coupon indicates that the discount is not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Urban Decay Vice LTD, Beauty Steals and Benefit Brow Services in addition to things like past purchases, etc... 

This would lead one to believe that other UD, Benefit, Too Faced etc... products that are not specifically excluded in the fine print would be included in the discount.  HOWEVER, if you try to buy something from one of these specifically non-excluded brands on the Ulta website and apply the coupon code, the discount does not apply to these prestige brand items.  These items do have specific verbiage on their product pages indicating that they are not eligible for coupons.

That being said, I have only tried to use my coupon code online not tried to use the coupon in store - I just can't bear dealing with the Ulta employees at the two stores closest to me.  I am curious to hear if anyone has luck using the discount with other UD, Too Faced, etc... products in store.

Frankly, I think this is a very deceptive marketing ploy, but I wouldn't expect less from Ulta... (Sorry for the rant, but Ulta continues to underwhelm me more and more each day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).
I was curious about what you had said here.  I added a UD Naked palette to my empty cart, entered my 20% off code (that has the same restrictions that you mentioned) and it took off 20%.  So, it worked for me.  

@@Tamara76 did you try with another brand, only? Like for example if you picked up a Stila palette and lipstick and tried the coupon, but without adding anything from UD or Too Faced at all, did that give you 20% off?
I also tried adding some Benefit products, but I couldn't get the discount to work on anything other than drugstore brands.

Good news, though!  I emailed Ulta yesterday when I couldn't get the code to work and they actually responded this morning and told me that the only exclusions should be the listed exclusions and recommended that I call CS for assistance placing an order because I may have received a bad code.

This is a relief!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been on the fence about UD NOTR, so picking it up at a discount will be good.

My last several experiences in store were less than fun, plus I am frustrated by how long their shipping takes, so that coupled with my faulty coupon were enough to make me break up with Ulta. I am impressed that they responded so quickly, so maybe I won't give up on them so soon.

UD VICE LTD in stock at Ulta for anyone who missed it at Sephora/UD: right here. It is in stock right now, but I'm not sure how long that will last once people figure out it is there!

Cross posting to the Enablers thread...

ugh. ulta is being a pain and not letting me check out. i've tried two different credit cards and different pcs but cannot get past the "credit card cannot be authorized" error.

ugh. ulta is being a pain and not letting me check out. i've tried two different credit cards and different pcs but cannot get past the "credit card cannot be authorized" error.
I had a problem trying to check out on my phone because they needed the security code from the back of my cc but they didn't SAY that, just couldn't verify my card. Once I found the field where to put it in, it went through just fine. Not saying that's your scenario, but offering up this info in case that helps. It wasn't a lit up field and it actually looked like a non modifiable field, but anyway that was something that held me up a couple times when trying to buy from my iPhone. I think I had to scroll down to even see the field where to input.

Sorry, that's my only thought...I hope you are able to get your order through!!

I just called the local ulta and there are 4 vice palettes left but my lovely beau is taking foreeeeever. the anxiety is real.

@@lynni98 I just had that happen with my cc and trying to check out.  I had to re-sign in, and when you do that, if you are updating or changing a credit card, they revert back to the one you had before.  So cc A was showing, I updated to cc B, added cc B security code, then decided I was hungry.

I went back to finish checking out, had to re-sign in, and my cc was showing as cc A again.  I had to upd and then add the security code again and then it took.  That was a first for me and it happened AFTER I suggested that might be the problem.  It's like I said DO THIS TO ME! LOL!

But I went  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> when they said there was a problem with my card and couldn't place my order!!  After I made the upd to the right card to right security code, all was right in my shopping world!  :smilehappyyes:

The unique 20% code that was emailed as a "Thank you for being a member" worked on my UD, Stila, Too Faced, and Benefit purchases. I think it's the generic 20% off codes posted online that exclude these brands.

I didn't realize that Vice was such an in-demand item... I walked right by it at my local Ulta today. The colors are a little too intense for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I took my 20% off code today and got a bunch of the new China Glaze Road Trip polishes. I'm such a sucker for spring collections.

I did a big online order, used my coupon, used my egift card from Ulta for $65, used points for another $50 off, and spent less than I thought I would out of pocket so a very successful shopping trip.

I only purchased things I had been waiting to buy (except the Algenist new items - I bought 2/4 - the tinted moisturizer and the jar of moisturizer.  No cleanser or essence just yet...)

I'm still trying to find out how I can watch QVC on my laptop for Algenist tonight!  :w00t:

QVC is on network in our area and you can also go to the QVC website it will say watch Live or something like that click on it and it's like a delayed live action youtube.

@lynni98 

Did you ever get your order to go through? I've tried different CC cards, Paypal, gift cards, different computers, phones, browsers, and nothing is working. There's no issue with any info I'm inputting. 

Still cannot check out on a different PC and another credit card. I've confirmed with my credit card company that nothing on their end is holding up the order.

Have I been banned?!

Still cannot check out on a different PC and another credit card. I've confirmed with my credit card company that nothing on their end is holding up the order.

Have I been banned?!
quite possibly you've been flagged. This has happened to me periodically. The only thing that has worked when those errors come up is either using a debit card or checking out as a guest and inputting all your information over again and also using a debit card. For some reason if you spend too much Ulta flags you as risky or something which is kind of crazy because I'm trying to give them more money and they won't take it so your best bet is to check out as a guest with a completely new email. just set up a dummy email and try it that way its work for me in the past.

Back