• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry that this happened to you! I can't help with all the gwps but if one of them happened to have been the perfume sampler, I did end up with an extra one of those. It's still unopened and I would be more than happy to send it your way, if you would like. I'm sorry it's not much but perhaps it can brighten your day a wee bit. Just let me know and it's yours!
You are very sweet and thank you for the offer, but I am going to pass. The cost of shipping perfumes is a little out of control. I just needed to whine about my bad luck...Thank you all for listening.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are very sweet and thank you for the offer, but I am going to pass. The cost of shipping perfumes is a little out of control. I just needed to whine about my bad luck...Thank you all for listening.

I also have most of the items from the GWP not opened and set aside "for later" so if there's something you want please please let me know.  I didn't get the Mally, but I did get the 12 piece beauty and 8pc fragrance. The only things I've used are the Clean Cotton fragrance and the BareMinerals moisturizer and the Porefessional. Or the fragrances, you can take your pick there too...I just usually bundle them up and they go normal mail just fine. 

I am being sent a gift card for my purchase price but that is all they can do. Grrrr... Murphys law just won't leave me alone this week!

That really stinks! Especially that Ulta couldn't do any more for you, at least maybe replace your GWPs with the current ones or something.

I have a question - has anyone ever returned something that came with a GWP? I ordered the Naked Basics palette, but today when I was looking around in the store it seemed so boring, I feel like there's a lot better things I can do with $28! So I kind of want to return it when it gets here, but I don't want to return the GWPs (the 16 piece beauty bag and the hair product from yesterday's beauty break, I didn't get the UD specific GWP). I'm happy if they just give me store credit, but I don't want it to be a big ordeal....what do you think?

Quote: Originally Posted by jayeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a question - has anyone ever returned something that came with a GWP? I ordered the Naked Basics palette, but today when I was looking around in the store it seemed so boring, I feel like there's a lot better things I can do with $28! So I kind of want to return it when it gets here, but I don't want to return the GWPs (the 16 piece beauty bag and the hair product from yesterday's beauty break, I didn't get the UD specific GWP). I'm happy if they just give me store credit, but I don't want it to be a big ordeal....what do you think?

Disclaimer: I know this isn't what you want to hear- I got the UD Naked Basics and I've used it literally every single day since I got it.  It makes everything just look perfect for my day job, it's super portable (I'm the lady sitting on public transportation trying to put on liquid eyeliner), and the color Faint is perfect for my brows.  It looks boring but don't discount it yet!  It's my favorite palette!  (I've used it more than my Too Faced Chocolate Bar - shh, don't tell the Chocolate Bar, we just like her to be pretty!!)

another thumbs up for the Naked Basics set.  It is my go-to palette - if I am in a rush, I reach for this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Disclaimer: I know this isn't what you want to hear- I got the UD Naked Basics and I've used it literally every single day since I got it.  It makes everything just look perfect for my day job, it's super portable (I'm the lady sitting on public transportation trying to put on liquid eyeliner), and the color Faint is perfect for my brows.  It looks boring but don't discount it yet!  It's my favorite palette!  (I've used it more than my Too Faced Chocolate Bar - shh, don't tell the Chocolate Bar, we just like her to be pretty!!)

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  another thumbs up for the Naked Basics set.  It is my go-to palette - if I am in a rush, I reach for this one.

I might keep it, I just don't know! I'll probably play around with it a little when I get it, I won't make a decision for sure yet. But aside from there being more fun ways to spend $28, I was also thinking that if I want a matte neutral eye, I can already do that - I have a tarte palette with some good matte neutrals in it, a physicians formula matte quad that I really like, and a few others! Plus one of the Naked basics colors is a light colored shimmer, and I hate light colored shimmers, I know I will almost never use that one. So then we're down to five shades I'll use, and two of them look almost identical to me when I swatched them in the store. But then again, if I were to return it to buy, say, purple lipstick (my current favorite), I already have about 6 of those, too...Clearly, I have a problem! But it's also the fact that I paid full price for that and I don't pay full price for much of anything....I love the sales! So I have to really love something to buy it full price, and I'm not sure I'll love it. 

I am trying so hard to be patient to wait one more day for my package. I did great and did a lot of the buy more get more and free stuff.  I won't have to buy shampoo and body wash for awhile.  PLUS my free samples (the bag plus the free samples with all purchases)!  I always thought Sephora was a little over priced, however they do have stuff that Ulta doesn't sell.  I wish Ulta would pick up a few more brands.  I am loving the new points program.  I have been able to take money off my orders from them - which is always welcome!

Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am trying so hard to be patient to wait one more day for my package. I did great and did a lot of the buy more get more and free stuff.  I won't have to buy shampoo and body wash for awhile.  PLUS my free samples (the bag plus the free samples with all purchases)!  I always thought Sephora was a little over priced, however they do have stuff that Ulta doesn't sell.  I wish Ulta would pick up a few more brands.  I am loving the new points program.  I have been able to take money off my orders from them - which is always welcome!
My package is finally waiting for me at home! I know what you mean about it being so hard to wait to tear into all those pretties! I will be returning one item, but it gives me an excuse to go into the store to pick up my bday mascara. I agree that it would be great if Ulta expanded the brands they carry, and as much as I prefer Ulta, I always get sucked back into Sephora with the great sets/kits they always put out. 

Well, this is kind of a bummer. I just received my 20% off coupon in the mail 
frown.gif
​

Quote: Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My package is finally waiting for me at home! I know what you mean about it being so hard to wait to tear into all those pretties! I will be returning one item, but it gives me an excuse to go into the store to pick up my bday mascara. I agree that it would be great if Ulta expanded the brands they carry, and as much as I prefer Ulta, I always get sucked back into Sephora with the great sets/kits they always put out. 

Yes, Sephora has great kits. Lately their Favorites sets have been the only reason I'm still shopping there. Does everyone remember last year when Ulta tried to do their own version and offered five fragrance sample spray vials for something like $20? That was awful, but their other set that had the Butter London nail polish and Laura Geller lip gloss was awesome (especially after they marked it down to $19).

I ended up placing my order even without the 5x fragrance bonus, which means I'll be platinum as soon as they process my order.

Because I'm nerdy and mathy and love spreadsheets, I've been tracking my Ulta purchases this year. I only got into cosmetics last fall and I wanted to see exactly what you had to buy to reach Platinum. I've spent $400.66 this year (including all coupons/ebates but not including taxes) and have received about $1200 retail value of stuff, plus I have over $50 in redeemable rewards. I'm waiting on my last order, so my HowIReachedPlatinum spreadsheet and analysis obviously aren't finished yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ended up placing my order even without the 5x fragrance bonus, which means I'll be platinum as soon as they process my order.

Because I'm nerdy and mathy and love spreadsheets, I've been tracking my Ulta purchases this year. I only got into cosmetics last fall and I wanted to see exactly what you had to buy to reach Platinum. I've spent $400.66 this year (including all coupons/ebates but not including taxes) and have received about $1200 retail value of stuff, plus I have over $50 in redeemable rewards. I'm waiting on my last order, so my HowIReachedPlatinum spreadsheet and analysis obviously aren't finished yet.
Love this!!!

I just wanted to give you guys and update on my lost package.  The UPS hub that lost it is just a few miles from my house and I was just not willing to accept that it had been lost.  So, I went in there yesterday and asked about it - which I don't think they were happy about at all.  However, I got my package delivered this morning!  Lo and behold, they magically found it.  Thanks everybody that was so sweet yesterday and thanks for listening to me turn into a 5 year old and whine about a lost package, lol. 

I just wanted to give you guys and update on my lost package.  The UPS hub that lost it is just a few miles from my house and I was just not willing to accept that it had been lost.  So, I went in there yesterday and asked about it - which I don't think they were happy about at all.  However, I got my package delivered this morning!  Lo and behold, they magically found it.  Thanks everybody that was so sweet yesterday and thanks for listening to me turn into a 5 year old and whine about a lost package, lol. 
That's awesome! Way to advocate for yourself!

Got my package today.  I will say that I am really impressed with the 16 piece bag they were offering (free after spending $60.)  

I will say that the Ulta smooth soap thing smells horrible - for me.  I can't stand smelling like food, it is nauseating.  

The little sample sizes are perfect for when my hubby and I go on our 1 year anniversary trip.  I love how fast I always get my order from Ulta.  

I am thrilled to hear that you now have your package, just totally sucks that you had to go through that. I'm really on the fence about UPS, when I love them, UPS has been really strange for me lately.... This past January, they lost a small package that I had ordered on Hautelook (and everyone knows how dreadfully long that we already have to wait, just for shipping), it updated on my UPS MY Choice that it was delivered. After calling UPS and Hautelook to only be told that there wasn't anything that could be done, I walked around for weeks being totally suspicious of my neighbors. Finally by the 4th week, I was starting to get over it when wham, the box shows up on my doorstep! I thought it was a bit odd that some of the liquid face products were actually frozen solid so I called UPS to see if they might would have any information to find out that the package had been in the UPS truck the whole time because it had fallen down into a spot where it was overlooked for the whole month. Then just earlier last month, UPS delivered a package of items which I had ordered for my dog to a business in New York and it was signed by someone at the front desk, um I live in Virginia! Thankfully, the company that I ordered from was very understanding and sent me a replacement a couple of weeks later.

As for your whining......... I totally understand and I'm pretty sure that most of us here do because we all love when our "boxes of happiness" reach us. Again, I'm just really glad that everything worked out for ya!

@beach16sm -- that is utterly insane.  If I did something like that at work - I would be fired on the spot and lose my ability to work!

@beach16sm -- that is utterly insane.  If I did something like that at work - I would be fired on the spot and lose my ability to work!
rofl............ I know, it's still difficult for me to not give my UPS guy the look "of dark scorn with shooting daggers"!  It's getting better and lately, the substitute mail lady has pushed herself to the top of my "doghouse" list for using my carport as a basketball court minus the hoop (I've witnessed this several times now.)

**edited because quite frankly, it seems that I can't spell worth a hoot**

Back