• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to get a new night cream...I just finished a Korres sleeping facial cream from Sephora, which it what I've used for the past couple of years.  I'm thinking about getting a cheaper one from Ulta for the summer while I have the 3X points offer.  Any suggestions? I have normal skin that is pretty clear, no extreme signs of aging yet or major skin concerns to address other than dullness and loss of radiance mostly in the winter months (I'm early 30s and I take good care of my skin).  I've been thinking of getting one of the Boots brand night cream, but that's as "drugstore" as I'd be willing to go.  I'm trying to keep it under $50 for a night cream...please help!

I need to get a new night cream...I just finished a Korres sleeping facial cream from Sephora, which it what I've used for the past couple of years.  I'm thinking about getting a cheaper one from Ulta for the summer while I have the 3X points offer.  Any suggestions? I have normal skin that is pretty clear, no extreme signs of aging yet or major skin concerns to address other than dullness and loss of radiance mostly in the winter months (I'm early 30s and I take good care of my skin).  I've been thinking of getting one of the Boots brand night cream, but that's as "drugstore" as I'd be willing to go.  I'm trying to keep it under $50 for a night cream...please help!
One brand I like is Mario Badescu, but I use that brand because I have very oily skin and acne (rarely now that I use the brand). 

One brand I have heard amazing things about, is Strivectin. Ulta carries it. Costco also carries it so I need to compare the prices. The GWPs and points might make Ulta a better place to buy it. 

Also another brand I like but is not at Ulta is Mychelle. Their products are AMAZING and do what they say on the tin. They frequently have 50% sales or BOGOs, so you might want to get on the mailing list and wait for those great deals. 

I've had luck with theBalm's Iris Night Face Cream.  You can usually pick it up for half off when Hautelook has it on sale.  Also, Kohl's and from what I hear some drugstores (Walgreen's maybe?) carry theBalm.

I bought a couple of hair products during the love your hair event last wednesday during Ulta's beauty break (the beauty break was a living proof set with 4 deluxe sample sized products). My order shipped today and not only did the living proof promo leak all over, but the other love your hair promo did as well (the promo was spend $35 buy 4 hair samples for 99 cents.. no idea why ulta is making us buy samples now, but i did it anyway). So basically both of my promos leaked all over and I doubt ulta has any extras. #firstworldproblems 

I bought a couple of hair products during the love your hair event last wednesday during Ulta's beauty break (the beauty break was a living proof set with 4 deluxe sample sized products). My order shipped today and not only did the living proof promo leak all over, but the other love your hair promo did as well (the promo was spend $35 buy 4 hair samples for 99 cents.. no idea why ulta is making us buy samples now, but i did it anyway). So basically both of my promos leaked all over and I doubt ulta has any extras. #firstworldproblems 
Email them! I've had products leak and ruin other products, and they sent me replacements and a partial refund immediately. I was really surprised because I emailed them late Saturday night and they got back to me right away Sunday morning.

Email them! I've had products leak and ruin other products, and they sent me replacements and a partial refund immediately. I was really surprised because I emailed them late Saturday night and they got back to me right away Sunday morning.
I did... they couldn't provide replacements but they're issuing me a $20 gift card to make up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Seriously, best customer service. 

Ulta has a pretty rad benefit gwp right now... spend $40 get minis of Coralista, Hoola, They're Real, and Porefessional.

I've been waiting for a good beauty break since there are some Real Techniques brushes I want but they're never "good enough" to pull the trigger.  :scared:  I'm trying to be good and wait for a multiple sampler offer or something. 

Does anyone know what the beauty break is today? I usually get the emails first thing in the morning, but I still haven't gotten anything...

Question on Ulta's return policy...

I ordered a few polishes and received them yesterday.  One of them, China Glaze in Liquid Leather, the cap won't come off.  I can't attach a pic atm but you can clearly see there is something wrong with the lid of the bottle.  It looks crooked and it absolutely won't budge.  Should I ask Ulta's CS if I can exchange in store?  I don't want to go through the hassle of mailing nail polish. 

If you email them, I would not be surprised if they just mailed you a replacement (as long as you have the patience to wait for it).

Also, yes, you should be able to exchange it in store. Remember to print out a receipt and bring that (NOT the packing slip).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back