Urban Decay 3/27/12 News

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, I just looked, and so many good shades that I liked are being discontinued! Boooooo.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it bad that all their new shades in singles, I already have them all since I have so many UD palettes?! lol. I totally do not mind Virgin and Radium being singles. I love Virgin and the old Radium is already so pigmented, I can't wait to try it with the new formula!
I counted and I already own well over half of the new shades from various palettes, and the ones I don't own were the neutrals I passed on from the naked palettes. Nothing is striking my fancy

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it me or are they discounting most of the bright shades?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhh, I just looked, and so many good shades that I liked are being discontinued! Boooooo.

I know!!!! Quite a few of my favorite are going away and the shades they say to replace them with are not half as vibrant. Kinda bummed they are so well knows for their brights and yet they are bringing in a TON of neutrals from the naked palettes and a few darker shades from book of shadows 4. 

I am more of a neutral lover and I could not resist it so I ordered one shadow (X which I always wanted to have) and the palette that comes with a free shadow anyway. I also own many shadows already from the naked 1 and 2, the 15th anniversary palette (in my opinion their best palette with excellent color payoff and good neutral-bright balance) and the BOS III (quite a disappointment I have to say) but I really like the customizable option and I am confident that the quality is there. I am a little sad though that the deluxe shadow have been discontinued, I always wanted to try those but never did.

I'm still hoping they continue producing pre selected palettes for summer. I do love the option to customize a palette, but considering it will cost you around $130 to buy the palette and fill it with just 6 shadows the pre made palettes are much more cost efficient. I could buy both naked palettes and still have change for the price of the customizable one. I wish they had redone all the compact products to where they pop out of the packaging and 2 or 3 case options to were you could have say 4 shadow spots and one blush/highlighter or a variation of that. It would seem more worth it to me personally

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

I know!!!! Quite a few of my favorite are going away and the shades they say to replace them with are not half as vibrant. Kinda bummed they are so well knows for their brights and yet they are bringing in a TON of neutrals from the naked palettes and a few darker shades from book of shadows 4. 

I know right! When I think of UD I think of unique, bold colors. Now we just have a bunch of neutrals that you could get anywhere.

Aawww, I was hoping for a new matte palette. I am not sure I want to buy this. I'll think on it ...

YES!!!! Done!!!
w00t.gif
 Fingers and toes crossed!!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/urbandecaycosmetics/app_138162832978981

Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone else had this thought? That since shadows are being discontinued that we might see them in a Hautelook sale in the future?

Has anyone else had this thought? That since shadows are being discontinued that we might see them in a Hautelook sale in the future?

Yep. I wrote it up above earlier!! I'm really hoping they do

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. I wrote it up above earlier!! I'm really hoping they do

Shoot I missed that lol. I would bet they do.

Shoot I missed that lol. I would bet they do.

Ransom is my favorite shadow of all time so if they do I'm buying like 5 lol

Check the sale section in a few weeks. When they changed the packaging of the primer they were/are still selling the older packaging at a much cheaper price[about half of the retail]

I'm trying to decide what colors I want if they decide to put the old colors on sale. I bought purple haze when it was on sale and I really like it, but I find with the brighter colors, I don't wear them often. Usually just on the lower lash line.

They did this at a perfect timing for me. I just ran out of sin eyeshadow and I ran of out Virgin in the naked palette forever ago but that and sin were the only ones from the palette I used up. I was glad I could keep buying sin but I love virgin so when I saw it I decided to get virgin, sin, and then I got chase and the palette w/ the shadow that comes with it. I do find it expensive but, I was buying a dupe of virgin from Nars and it was no where as good of a pay off as virgin. So spending the $18 does not bother me for shadow I love which I feel the same about Sin. I figure that's already 4 shadows in my palette only 2 to go and I can wait until I find two more I really want.

Ransom is my favorite too!  I love it with Fishnet in the crease.  My fingers are crossed that some fun summer palettes are in store for us! 

I am in lust over the idea of a customized  UD pallet, but to buy said pallet and the additional eyeshadow to fill it costs $108. I think my most expensive pallet is the Tarte True Blood and that was less that $60 for 17 eyeshadows, mini primer, mascara and full sized eyeliner. I'll probably wait until Sephora gets it and then wait for a VIB event.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am in lust over the idea of a customized  UD pallet, but to buy said pallet and the additional eyeshadow to fill it costs $108. I think my most expensive pallet is the Tarte True Blood and that was less that $60 for 17 eyeshadows, mini primer, mascara and full sized eyeliner. I'll probably wait until Sephora gets it and then wait for a VIB event.

You know, even with a sale I just don't think I will bite. Premade palettes are so much cheaper, even taking into account not loving every shade.

Think of it more like buying individual shadows that you can eventually use to fill the palette.  It's nice because if you run out or want to switch it up for a trip, you can choose any 6 shadows from your current collection to put into the palette to take with you. The new formulas are reaaaaalllly silky too.

@annelle

I totally agree with you, I love most of my UD palettes but of course I do not use and love every single color in them. The customized palette is not an alternative to premade palettes (I sure hope they will keep coming with new ones!) but is rather a way of organizing your favourite UD shadows. I think I will keep mine with only the 2 shadows I ordered for the time being and will slowly fill it up with shadows when I run out of some from the palettes or find a new shades I like.

Back