Urban Decay - Book of Shadows - Holiday Sept 08

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Panda816 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got this and I was so excited when I opened it, the colors are so pretty! BUT.....I am torn about if I want to keep it- I really don't go anywhere that requires me to wear glittery shades and I am not sure I can make the colors work for me. I am heartbroken because I really wanted to treat myself! It may just be my inability to do combos. I love UD E/S but I feel the shimmery accents my 30something eyes too much...lol That's UD shadows for you.... they're known for glitter and shimmer. Only 4 of them are really glittery though... the rest are shimmery. UD should do a palette with their matte shadows next year. That would probably be a big seller. I don;t like mattes, but I love UD matte shadows! I hope you enjoy your purchase... if not maybe exchange it for something else. The Lorac Croc Case is really nice.

I used mine all the time. I think it looks glittery, but the consistently doesnt seem very glittery on. If that makes sense?

Thank you everyone for understanding!! I did play around today and came up with a nice look that I liked. I have a hard time being good to myself and since I don't have a job I worry about everything I get! I think the value is unbeatable for this pallette. I just needed someone to convince me..lol

Quote:
UD should do a palette with their matte shadows next year. That would probably be a big seller. I don;t like mattes, but I love UD matte shadows! now that would be interesting! I think that is what I need, some matte shadows to counter balance.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's UD shadows for you.... they're known for glitter and shimmer. Only 4 of them are really glittery though... the rest are shimmery. UD should do a palette with their matte shadows next year. That would probably be a big seller. I don;t like mattes, but I love UD matte shadows! I hope you enjoy your purchase... if not maybe exchange it for something else. The Lorac Croc Case is really nice. I like UD because of the shimmer unique color factor, why I bought this... but it is a little too much for the daytime... which is why I bought the Lorac Croc as well! but mostly because I am an addict.

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you watched any of debstan1's videos, she is 35 and she wears glittery, shimmering, and vibrant shades. I am sure you can pull it off too. wow I never saw her vids but the looks are so pretty! thanks for posting, I will check them out.
It's not that I think I am too old for it, but my eyelids are starting to age, therefore I am afraid of calling attention! I need some firming cream, but that's for another thread!

Now that I own this... I have to say- the little flip top of the pop-ups sort of bugs me- absolutely no purpose other than raising prices.. I love every color in this and I think this may be the best collection of shadows from any of their palettes, but the drawer sticks and I would rather have a flip up top for easier access than a drawer.

Def favorite of the pack: Absinthe- it's just the most awesome shimmery green to exist ever.

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif What is the likelihood of Sephora restocking this palette? I neeeed to know! doubtful, i'd say. sorry.

Ah, I have myself to blame. I was waiting for it to go on sale. I guess popular items really don't make it to that point. :

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ah, I have myself to blame. I was waiting for it to go on sale. I guess popular items really don't make it to that point. : It went on sale with the friends and family sale and I think after that is when they got wiped out.

The Absinthe shade is to die for. The pictures don't do it justice. I wish they'd come out with an eyeshadow single of this. Unfortunately I never buy these palettes. I'm more of a MAC custom palette gal or I buy singles and pop them in.

I'm not too big on the bronzy gold colors. Not sure why they're so popular.

I must have been pms'ing when I was down on my BOS....I love it now and actually the gold bronzy color is one of my top 3 in the pallette! I think it compliments my eye/hair color nicely.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It went on sale with the friends and family sale and I think after that is when they got wiped out. ohh, how much did it cost during the sale?

Urban Decay has this on their site right now, but they only have 60. I check an hour ago, and they were still in stock for those who missed out the first time.

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif ohh, how much did it cost during the sale? The FF discount was 20%, so about 36 dollars.

Thanks lolab and ninalovesmakeup... though nina, I don't see it on the web site. It is on the UK version. Do you have the link?

Back