Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol III

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have BOS III and AiW palette. I think I need to give up on buying these things. I barely use them. I guess they are good to have when I need some $$$. lol

I did a review of this palette on my blog whick I´ve copied for you below. I think the colors are amazing and that it´s great value for money!! My favorites are Suspect and Loaded! 

Since this is my first real review I decided to do the third book of the Book of Shadows palette series. It has just been released and I´m so happy that I managed to snag one for myself " class="wp-smiley" src="http://bycelina.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; " /> . This is called the New York City palette, and I just had to have it!!

The palette contains 16 eyeshadows, 2 mini-eyeliners and one mini-size primer potion. Even though these are smaller in size than the individual products you still get really good value for your money!

The eyeshadows

There are 7 new eyeshadows; Loaded, Kush, Rockstar, Money, Bordello, Radium and Suspect. There are also two eyeshadows that are exclusive to Sephora; Haight and Psychedelic Sister. The rest of the eyeshadows are permanent! " class="wp-smiley" src="http://bycelina.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; " />

Perversion:

Perversion is a matte charcoal black. It´s very buildable if you want a more intense black. It is a permanent eye shadow.

Uzi:

Uzi is a metallic silver white color with glitter chunks. Not a favorite of mine because it´s easy to get fallouts. Uzi is also a permanent eyeshadow.

loaded, kush, midni

Loaded:

Loaded is absolutely one of my favorites!! It´s a black color with deeeep green shimmer. Really pretty! This is an eyeshadow exclusive to this palette.

Kush:

Kush is a bright green eyeshadow with some glitter. This is also an exclusive eyeshadow for this palette.

Midnight Cowboy Rides Again:

One of my least favorites. This is a champagne peachy-pink which reminds me a lot of Uzi (only worse) because of its big glitter chunks that cause fall outs. It´s a pity though because the color itself is very nice. This is a permanent eyeshadow.

Last Call:

Last Call is a beautiful shimmer eyeshadow with a plum color that I´d imagine would look amazing with green eyes. Permanent eyeshadow.

Rockstar:

Rockstar is a metallic burgundy purple with cold undertones. Exclusive to this palette.

Money:

Money is a silver shimmer eyeshadow with hints of green and blue. Exclusive to this palette.

Haight:

Haight is a beautiful metallic bright blue with hints of green. Exclusive to Sephora and now this palette.

Maui Wowie:

This is the third eyeshadow that I´m not particularly enamoured of because the consistency is similar to Midnight Cowboy Rides Again which causes fall outs because of the big glitter chunks. The color it self is beautiful though.. a golden silver, very special! Permanent eyeshadow.

Smog:

This is one of my favorites! It´s a shimmer eyeshadow in golden bronzey brown which is very highly pigmented. It´s a permanent color and also comes in the NAKED palette.

Bordello:

This is a plummy pink color with some golden shimmer. Exclusive to this palette.

Radium:

This is a very pigmented metallic bright blue and is exclusive to this palette.

Snatch:

Snatch is a light peachy-pink with gold glitter. It’s a nice color and on balance better than the other glitter eyeshadows but it is still likely to cause some fall outs. Permanent eyeshadow.

Suspect:

Love this! Suspect is a beautiful bronze brown color with taupe undertones. Sooo pretty! Exclusive to this palette.

Psychedelic Sister:

First of all, what a name for an eyeshadow!! This is a bright purple with a frost finish. It´s exclusive to Sephora and now also to this palette.

The two eyeliners that are included are some of the best I´ve ever tried! They are soft and easy to work with and highly pigmented. Zero is a black eyeliner and Ransom is a purple eyeliner which looks very much like the eyeshadow with the same name (it is kind of similar to Psychedelic Sister as well although Ransom has more blue in it).

I´m so impressed with this palette! Most of the eyeshadows are high quality and you really get value for your money. However, be aware, this is not a palette for those of you who tend to stick with matte brown colors. This is for those of you that want a palette with vibrant bright shimmer eyeshadows to create a fun and bold NYC look " class="wp-smiley" src="http://bycelina.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; " />

Packaging: 8/10 (a really cool concept although it could´ve had a more exclusive feel to it) Quality of the product: 8/10  (most of the colors are amazing, but there are 4 colors that I am less than impressed with) Value: 10/10 ( This gives great value!!)

Overall: 8.5/10

Back