• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Urban Decay Friends & Family Sale Fall 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to specs online the Nars is the same 0.17 oz size as the small kit. Approx half of the full sized 0.35 oz blush and bronzer duo from Nars.

Quote: Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you like the if favorites for $75. There are items in that kit that I want vs the smaller one. Is the nars full size too?
I did!  

The NARS lipstick is full-size but the blush/bronzer duo is not - but still plenty big to last you a looonnggg time.  

The mascara is okay - I will use it, but the rest is amazing!  A whole face in one kit...

I was able to make it without buying anything at the UD sale, I am proud of myself since I need to save fro the black Friday sales.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was able to make it without buying anything at the UD sale, I am proud of myself since I need to save fro the black Friday sales.
Same here. Plus, it wasn't hard for me to not buy stuff because I can't earn points or cash back from UD.

When is urban decay going to ship this out? I'm getting antsy. Their office is a 5 minute drive from me. I can pick it up tomorrow. Haha. I'm sure warehouse and shipping isn't from there.

If it hasn't shipped yet, add a note on the MyUs site to include samples if you got any. On my order, they threw them away!

Lordy, those palettes I want aren't even at Sephora! -made the leap and signed up to get a US address thinger-  So, for someone new to UD, what else should I grab? May as well make it worth the shipping -grins- I added the UDPP already, and all three palettes, the Fun, Feminine and Dangerous.

When a Canadian orders from UD, they get their order shipped to a US third party shipper with an American address who repackages it and charges an arm and a leg to send it over the border since UD doesn't ship direct to Canada. Americans don't have to worry but if a Canadian gets a sample (like the setting spray they're offering now) then sometimes they toss it when repackaging because they assume you want to keep the weight down to save on shipping charges. This happened to a UDPP sample & a revolution lipstick sample when I tried it out last month. Wah!

What if I am US and local? Can I send an email enquiring about my shipment and then ask for samples?

Oh that really does suck! But I still want samples from UD. Haha. I'm pretty new fan and spent a lot of money with them recently and more in shopping carts in various sites waiting to be submitted. Kinda addicted now. I really want a naked palette but can't decide so I sit immobilized for now.

If it hasn't shipped yet, add a note on the MyUs site to include samples if you got any. On my order, they threw them away!
Oh I was lucky then! I got my order and my Zero 24/7 liner sample! I'm so tickled to have it all.

I don't know if I'm late to the party or not but I just bought some Urban Decay sale items and was surprised to see the Glinda palette on sale for $24.  So I got that along with about 7 different 24/7 liners at $4 a piece and 2 lips stains at $4 each along with a free travel setting spray and whatever sample they give to everyone.  If you order, make sure you go to the first page and click on adding the travel spray, it doesn't do it automatically.  The Glinda palette doesn't work completely for me - a little too shimmery, but a few shades do and two shades in my Theodora palette don't work for me so I'm combining them into my own favorites palette with the pretty Glinda palette casing.  $24 is pretty great for 6 shadows (I'll give the too shimmery ones away), a travel 24/7 pencil in Rock Star, a great case and a super saturated lip color.  The lip color alone would be close to that.

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know if I'm late to the party or not but I just bought some Urban Decay sale items and was surprised to see the Glinda palette on sale for $24.  So I got that along with about 7 different 24/7 liners at $4 a piece and 2 lips stains at $4 each along with a free travel setting spray and whatever sample they give to everyone.  If you order, make sure you go to the first page and click on adding the travel spray, it doesn't do it automatically.  The Glinda palette doesn't work completely for me - a little too shimmery, but a few shades do and two shades in my Theodora palette don't work for me so I'm combining them into my own favorites palette with the pretty Glinda palette casing.  $24 is pretty great for 6 shadows (I'll give the too shimmery ones away), a travel 24/7 pencil in Rock Star, a great case and a super saturated lip color.  The lip color alone would be close to that.
I really wanted the Theadora palette.  It was available when I first went on for the sale but by the time I was ready to complete the purchase, it was sold out.  I was so bummed out.  

Quote: Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really wanted the Theadora palette.  It was available when I first went on for the sale but by the time I was ready to complete the purchase, it was sold out.  I was so bummed out.  

Oh, man, that is a bummer.  I've had that happen to me too.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got all my goodies and so excited. Now I want the new palette I saw ulta sent in an email. I'm obsessed. I went from no makeup to now so much don't know what to do.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depending on what you want from the favorites,SinJP has a makeup must have kit for $36 that we've been talking about in the active code thread. I went and bought one today.

wonderful!!! 

The one that comes in that make up must haves kit is 0.17 oz. I do not own the Favorites kit so i can only go by the specs listed online which says it is also the 0.17 oz size.

Back