Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all  the original star dust UD shadows. The pay off wasnt great. The pictures here seem much better. I know UD changed the formula of their shadows, maybe they did that for these too

I

O.O Urban Decay.. why do you do this to me?! I MUST HAVE ATLEAST ONE! ( friggin' no buy April ) Hopefully Sephora will have them in stores around May 20th ( anniversary, bf is letting me make a whole BYOP) If these pop out... I'm gonna have to get them all to fit in a 6 pan byop.... Seriously... I found my anniversary present.
don't think they're making the 6 pan BYOP anymore...I snatched one up a couple months ago, but when I checked sephora and the UD website the other day, I couldn't find them!

oh no. -.- But I'd much rather the 6 pan, not the 4!  Guess I'll have to Ebay for more. Though, the new spring 4 pan is pretty. I just don't see the point in the 4 slot! 

oh no. -.- But I'd much rather the 6 pan, not the 4!  Guess I'll have to Ebay for more. Though, the new spring 4 pan is pretty. I just don't see the point in the 4 slot! 
There isn't one. Anyone whose willing to shell out 20 bucks for an eyeshadow doesn't only need 4 in a palette. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have all  the original star dust UD shadows. The pay off wasnt great. The pictures here seem much better. I know UD changed the formula of their shadows, maybe they did that for these too
I have most of the originals too, it's the only time I use a sponge tip applicator. But I agree, the payoff isn't great, I usually layer it over another shadow. I might get Glitter Rock or Zodiac but want to see it in person first.

*Bleh* more crap from Urban Decay. I wish they would just drop off the face of the planet. They haven't had a decent idea in bloody years. Can't stand their teenybopper products, either.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Bleh* more crap from Urban Decay. I wish they would just drop off the face of the planet. They haven't had a decent idea in bloody years. Can't stand their teenybopper products, either.
wow....lots of people on these boards love their products.  i understand that everyone has their own opinion and can voice it - but that was kind of harsh!

How is it 'harsh' ? Last I checked I'm not obligated to go along with what everybody else raves about. I'll say it again: can't stand the company or their crappy, overpriced, overhyped, nasty products.

I'd like to see how someone actually makes them work on the eyes. The swatches seem a little too intense for my liking. And I can't imagine paying $20 for just ONE of these. One of the many reasons I've stayed away from UD lately.

They look much better in the pan than they do swatched. The finish isn't particularly unique, either. The Glamour Doll Eyes metallic finish shadows look exactly the same, and more pigmented when you use them wet, and there's very close dupes for all of these. I was hoping they'd be more like MAC Veluxe Pearl shadows but they're not. I'm gonna skip these, especially considering the price point for something not that special.

I LOVE THEM!!!  i'm obsessed with any and all eye shadows and enjoy experimenting with new colors

These are gorgeous! I don't know about blending them together, but I think the lighter ones would be a great wash of color on the lid during the summer, and the darker ones would be a simple but put together night look. I absolutely love the finish of these. Having dark brown eyes, metallic colors like these really make your eyes POP without having to do a whole lot of work. A little shadow, eye liner, and mascara and you're done. So simple and easy. Definitely have to pick a few of these up. Thanks for sharing! ( :

Well, I caved and bought Zodiac on Sephora.com today.  I've been lemming over the Benefit mini set they had (Gettin' Cheeky with Posie-tint, Sunbeam, and Cha-Cha Tint) so ordered that along with Zodiac and some other shizz.

I actually enjoy their discontinued Stardust eyeshadows.  Great for spring since their sparkly and sheer. I've never gotten much fall-out, even with the old formula.  So I'm curious to try the new formula and Zodiac/Glitter Rock caught my eye the most.

Well, I caved and bought Zodiac on Sephora.com today.  I've been lemming over the Benefit mini set they had (Gettin' Cheeky with Posie-tint, Sunbeam, and Cha-Cha Tint) so ordered that along with Zodiac and some other shizz. I actually enjoy their discontinued Stardust eyeshadows.  Great for spring since their sparkly and sheer. I've never gotten much fall-out, even with the old formula.  So I'm curious to try the new formula and Zodiac/Glitter Rock caught my eye the most.
Report back! I want those too... I like doing a coordinating shadow as kind of a base and then using the Stardust over it, that's the only time I use sponge tip applicators..

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Report back! I want those too... I like doing a coordinating shadow as kind of a base and then using the Stardust over it, that's the only time I use sponge tip applicators..
Hah!  Will do. I have a handful of Benefit stuff but none of those products, so I'm excited!

And I find their trial size lasts me forever - I have most of their blushes in trial sizes and I barely notice a dent in them after ~1 year.  Either I'm super light-handed or it's because I rotate things everyday.  Sometimes I feel like a mini-Sephora...

When I use the Stardust colors, I use Too Face's eye primer made for glitter then pat the shadow on with a normal brush. Then they are very pigmented and almost no fall-out!  Sometimes I'll coordinate them with a base shadow like you, too!

That glitter eye primer by Too Face even holds the Midnight Cowboy shadows pretty well - it's like super glitter glue!  But you won't be able to blend where that primer is applied directly.  I only use it where I want the glitter eye-shadow 100% only (the bulk of my eyelid, but not the crease or outer-v for instance).  That is, I stop it's application a little of the outer edges of the eyelid so I can kinda blend them with other shades I want in those spots (e.g. usually a matte crease color like UD's Naked).

So the old formulas are worth the 6 dollars they are now!? I was gonna buy ten after my friend purchased me one for my bday. Glitter rock..... I LOVE theses and I can justify buying them cause I have nothing like them. So I bought two more. Star gazer and diamond dog. But I will own all of them. They are really amazing and I've been getting non stop compliments. Even if I wear glasses. I normally just use it in my lid. Then use a matte shadow that's complimentary on my crease to blend it better then just apply the brow bone color. It's amaze balls! Ill attach a photo of my look today. Simple and goregous

So the old formulas are worth the 6 dollars they are now!? I was gonna buy ten after my friend purchased me one for my bday. Glitter rock..... I LOVE theses and I can justify buying them cause I have nothing like them. So I bought two more. Star gazer and diamond dog. But I will own all of them. They are really amazing and I've been getting non stop compliments. Even if I wear glasses. I normally just use it in my lid. Then use a matte shadow that's complimentary on my crease to blend it better then just apply the brow bone color. It's amaze balls! Ill attach a photo of my look today. Simple and goregous
I love them, I think they are very fun and always get compliments. Because they are so shear, sometimes I put down a matte shade on my lid first and then use a sponge tip applicator or my finger to put the UD on.. And then another matte in the crease.

Hah!  Will do. I have a handful of Benefit stuff but none of those products, so I'm excited! And I find their trial size lasts me forever - I have most of their blushes in trial sizes and I barely notice a dent in them after ~1 year.  Either I'm super light-handed or it's because I rotate things everyday.  Sometimes I feel like a mini-Sephora... When I use the Stardust colors, I use Too Face's eye primer made for glitter then pat the shadow on with a normal brush. Then they are very pigmented and almost no fall-out!  Sometimes I'll coordinate them with a base shadow like you, too! That glitter eye primer by Too Face even holds the Midnight Cowboy shadows pretty well - it's like super glitter glue!  But you won't be able to blend where that primer is applied directly.  I only use it where I want the glitter eye-shadow 100% only (the bulk of my eyelid, but not the crease or outer-v for instance).  That is, I stop it's application a little of the outer edges of the eyelid so I can kinda blend them with other shades I want in those spots (e.g. usually a matte crease color like UD's Naked).
I have a hard time with the glitter glue and the edges.. I'll have to get it out and try again, it's been awhile.

Back