Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Glitter Glue was tricky for me at first, too!  I finally figured out to stop applying it a smidge before where you'd want to lay down and start blending two colors (say a crease color).  I use a normal eyeshadow primer all over like normal, then put my crease/outer-v colors down.  Then pat the glitter glue on my lid, stopping short of the crease/blending areas, and pat on the fall-out shadows over it immediately. Do one eye at a time here to get the shadow on the glitter glue before it sets.  Then if I need more crease color I apply and blend more afterwards, too.

The old formulas are alright - supposedly not as pigmented and the glitter is a little less obnoxious. I use them at least once a week and am very happy with them. For me, they are worth the $6 for sure.  If you like glitter and color, go for it!

I wore the new shade Zodiac for the first time recently and it's amazingly sparkly. Like woah sparkly and applying with the glitter glue I had no fallout. I will definitely be looking into others in the new formula, especially Glitter Rock.  I hate to buy Diamond Dog or Space Cowboy if it's similar to the old formula, so we'll see...

Love them! Don't know how often i'd actually wear them myself but I think they're very pretty.

I bought all of the colors from Sephora during chic week. I love them but have yet to use them. I'm thinking of doing a look with them to go out tomorrow night. I am obsessed with all UD eye products.

These are definitely the kind of thing I'm tempted to hoard, but in reality won't end up using very much. So sparkly though.. *grabs*

Okay, so I saw some asking about how they look on so I did a quick look with my Space Cowboy. I patted it on with my finger tip for the finished look, but I tried a brush (patting it on) as well and they both work. The finger seemed to give less fall out though. I got mine as a bonus from Ipsy for being an active member and I used the Yaby concealer I got in my bag this month as an eyelid primer/sticky base. I also used a dark charcoal glitter liner (applied somewhat poorly given that I am still working on liquid eyeliner) and a light brown shadow on my crease/outer corner.

You can see the glitter best in the bottom image. Keep in mind that Space Cowboy is a champagne color so I would guess it may be more sheer than the other colors. There is a moderate amount of fall out, but there was more on my left eye (where I tried the brush first) than on the right where I just used my finger tip. Also, I applied this dry. I might try it wet some time soon.

I actually tend to stay away from glitter, but somehow I like this. I think it is a combination of the texture/formula/lack of chunky glitter, and the color maybe? I am not sure I would pay $20 for it though. Still, I like it and I like that I can use this color for day or night.

I fell in love with these as soon as the lady showed me so I bought 3! I'll be doing swatches and makeup ideas very soon!

I got Space Cowboy as an extra in my Ipsy bag this month and I'm in LOOOOOVE.  It is really sheer, so I'm going to try applying it wet over a "sticky" base (like an eyeshadow pencil) to really get that glitter poppin'!

I love UD shadows, but I definitely wouldn't pay $20 per shadow.  I wait for their palettes to go on sale and pick them up then.  But I will happily take it and have lots of fun with it!

Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, so I saw some asking about how they look on so I did a quick look with my Space Cowboy. I patted it on with my finger tip for the finished look, but I tried a brush (patting it on) as well and they both work. The finger seemed to give less fall out though. I got mine as a bonus from Ipsy for being an active member and I used the Yaby concealer I got in my bag this month as an eyelid primer/sticky base. I also used a dark charcoal glitter liner (applied somewhat poorly given that I am still working on liquid eyeliner) and a light brown shadow on my crease/outer corner.

You can see the glitter best in the bottom image. Keep in mind that Space Cowboy is a champagne color so I would guess it may be more sheer than the other colors. There is a moderate amount of fall out, but there was more on my left eye (where I tried the brush first) than on the right where I just used my finger tip. Also, I applied this dry. I might try it wet some time soon.

I actually tend to stay away from glitter, but somehow I like this. I think it is a combination of the texture/formula/lack of chunky glitter, and the color maybe? I am not sure I would pay $20 for it though. Still, I like it and I like that I can use this color for day or night.
It's so pretty! I love glitter shadow but I can't justify the price at the moment.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Space Cowboy as an extra in my Ipsy bag this month and I'm in LOOOOOVE.  It is really sheer, so I'm going to try applying it wet over a "sticky" base (like an eyeshadow pencil) to really get that glitter poppin'!

I love UD shadows, but I definitely wouldn't pay $20 per shadow.  I wait for their palettes to go on sale and pick them up then.  But I will happily take it and have lots of fun with it!
I got Space Cowboy as well, it's so pretty!! I wear it over Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, and it looks really pretty!! I agree though, they are super pricey. I's thankful I got one from Ipsy, otherwise I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 for a single shadow either. Maybe if there was a sale....I really want Intergalactic and Glitter Rock.

Bought myself Zodiac for my birthday. I've worn it several times and have received compliments on my eye make up every time. There is moderate fallout, but it's mostly glitter, not so much pigment. I would buy other colors but only if there was a sale or prom code, not full price.

Back