Urban Decay Naked 2 (OFFICIAL)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have became UNGLUED, and probably been arrested for aggravated assult ... Knocking someone upside the head with a BOS2!!!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope it's not stolen too! I bought to palette at 9:51 while in class during a lecture (I just wanted it that bad! lol I did the same for the BOS3) for it too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I sent it to my boyfriend's house hoping it would be better than mine.

So two years ago, I ordered the UD BOS2 and sent it to my house. I live in a crappy neighborhood & my UD package got stolen because the mailman decided to leave my package downstairs (which is outside) out in the open (I live upstairs in an apt unit). I called UD, they made me deal with USPS & USPS kept telling me they will "investigate" I don't think they ever did.. & I didn't bother calling UD again so I decided to hunt for my packages down my street knocking door to door. I finally found it a few blocks downs & the person said "oh this is your package?!" (DUH! it's on the address label!) & handed me my package.. OPENED! & they had the guts to ask me if I still wanted it or if they can keep it since they used it. Of course I took it back, I used my own money for it so I went home and sanitized it. Oh my goodness, I so hated that. They should have looked for my house or gave it back to the mailman so I would have had MY unopened BRAND NEW package & I knew calling UD wouldn't help because they were already out of stock.. total bummer.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok y'all this palette is super disappointing. The eyeshadows are not pigmented at all, and the do not transfer from the pan to brush to eye well at all. It is awful. I packed on and on colors and still, there is no vibrancy or anything in them. I think I will be sending it back. See my eyes below.

(I uploaded your pic for you since the link wasn't working right -- Annelle)

I woke up to good news! My boyfriend said he actually got the package while he was done with work at night (I guess someone who got it & noticed it was sent to the wrong address returned it) & he brought it this morning & it was untouched! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I woke up around 6 in the morning just to wait for him to come so I can attack the box open! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wildflower22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok y'all this palette is super disappointing. The eyeshadows are not pigmented at all, and the do not transfer from the pan to brush to eye well at all. It is awful. I packed on and on colors and still, there is no vibrancy or anything in them. I think I will be sending it back. See my eyes below.

07b61e7b_IMG5D.jpeg

Your eyes look pretty and you aren't convincing me I don't need this LOL! What colors did you use? What brushes? Base? Primer? Not saying I don't believe they didn't work for you. Just curious, so I know what to expect when I get mine.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your eyes look pretty and you aren't convincing me I don't need this LOL! What colors did you use? What brushes? Base? Primer? Not saying I don't believe they didn't work for you. Just curious, so I know what to expect when I get mine.

I agree......I think your eyes are really pretty in this pic. I haven't had any issues with pigmentation so maybe its something else?

I just bought the Naked palette! Now I have to build up the courage to buy the 2nd one! I heard that it is beingin released in Sephora & Ulta sometime in January! Can't wait!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used MAC brushes with UDPP and Painterly Paint Pot. I kept packing on the color over and over with my 239 and 217. The colors look dull and nothing like the Naked 1. The Naked 1s are pigmented, go on easily, and are buildable.

You can have a neutral skin colored eyeshade (ex All that glitters) and it still be vibrant and beautiful. These are not IMO.

Wow, I need to try hard to not get all excited like everyone else here and give in and buy this!  After reading Temptalia's review of it I decided that it isn't different enough from Naked 1 to justify my buying this. But reading all the posts, I am afraid I'm going to buy in to the 'cult status' and buy it just to have it!

I remember reading something on Naked 1 just before it came out and thought "oh cool, I'll get this..." but it wasn't like I HAD to have it, nor did I think it would sell out and become nearly impossible to get.  I think I remember getting up the morning it came out, and purchased it before I went off to work, no big deal.  Come home to posts on here on how it sold out in a matter of minutes, and then reading subsequent posts from people who couldn't get it.  I was thinking, 'wow, I was lucky!'  Now, that being said, I DO love my Naked palette and wouldn't want to part with it, but I just don't think the colors in 2 are different enough from each other, or any of the hundreds of shadows in my collection to justify getting it also. 

But reading how excited you guys are makes me want to go check it out anyway, just so I can say I have both!  Must. Resist. !!

your eyes look gorgeous in this pic! 

YDK is one of my favs too, LucyLuvsHolos.

After playing around with it, I will say I do like the colours from the original Naked better BUT Naked2 is not far behind. The only colour I am scared of is blackout. I will be using this mostly to set eyeliner (which works very well IMO) or using it as an eyeliner. I am IN LOVE with the packaging and will most likely keep the tin for depotting other eyeshadows. I tried to pull out the eyeshadows but was too afraid I'd ruin them.

Wildflower22, I really like the look you did. I'm a huge fan of neutrals (which is my go-to look 70% of the time). This is not the first buzz I've heard about people not being happy with the colour pay off. I've also read the opposite, where people didn't like the original but love this one. I know it's all personal preference and I appreciate you giving me an opportunity to speak out about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got home to get mine today!  One of the pans was a little tilted, and not straight in its holder, but other then that everything looks great.  I cannot wait to play with it tomorrow!

Which one is better, original or naked2? Hmm. I don't have either of them, I've been using cheapie ones from Forever21 for now.

-_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so irked at the post office right now. See there is a huge debate going about closing our sorting facility down and moving everything over 200 miles away (reasoning it'll save $800,000 each year but cost over $2 million in transportation). So today I'm checking the tracking on a few packages and where is everything? In Spokane! Typically mail goes through Seattle before arriving at my local sorting facility then arriving the same day here. I'm irked! It means at the earliest it will be here will be Wednesday INSTEAD OF TODAY. Thanks USPS! No wonder why you guys are losing so much money, you're operated by morons who share half a brain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which one is better, original or naked2? Hmm. I don't have either of them, I've been using cheapie ones from Forever21 for now.

I like the second one more! I feel like there's more variety in what you can do. But either one is awesome!

I know you didn't like it but I think the colors look lovely. Remember this is supposed to be a NAKED palette so the colors are going to look just that. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eeeeeee!!!  I should be getting mine toooddaayyy!!!  I just checked the tracking and it was sorted through Albuquerque last night, which means my PO should be putting it in my box right now

Umph, I just got mine in the mail. I haven't swatched anything yet but I swear it looks exactly like the first one. Only slightly (very slightly) cooler but not enough to warrant having both if you already own the first one. I'm actually very dissapointed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

LOL hey Leti!!! Yep, i'm on break from school, my one month a year holiday heehee

Latest posts

Back