Urban Decay's NAKED Basics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a gift card to Macy's and visited one looking for a Butter London product, but then the SA brought my attention to this palette. When I first saw this last month, I brushed it off since I already have the first Naked palette. But now I'm debating if I should get this palette or not. In my head, I'm just like it's so travel friendly and all the colors are matte, which I've been really into lately. But I know I don't need it. Ugh, I don't know what to do. hahaha

I found this palette very basic and easily dupeable. Its a nice palette with some amazing neutral shades but nothing difficult in not finding them especially if you are a makeup junkie. I liked the pricing though and would have loved if UD introduced a mascara in their palettes. If their mascaras are nice then it would be a lovely way to generate mascara sales for the brand.

- Neeraj

Just ordered it off Sephora today.  Fan Friday has your choice of 2 deluxe samples out of 13 if you spend $25--code 2013.  And I plan to get VIB at Sephora early this year to take advantage! 

My NAKED Basics just arrived and I'm like, "Wow that's small!" Just to put it into perspective on how small - width wise it fits on my keyboard between the letters E and O and covers up to the space bar. THAT is just the EXTERIOR box, the actual palette fits between E and I and covers three rows of keyboard keys and doesn't even touch the space bar.
Lol. Mine arrived on Thursday. I won it in a giveaway on YouTube. The whole thing is smaller than my phone. Samsung Vitality SCH-R720. I think this might be a good beginner palette for me. Or I might give it away. I can't decide.

I love the first NAKED Palette but I just won't be getting the basics since I already have tons of matte shades it would be overkill. Keep rockin that palette though!

I'm also contemplating whether to get this or not since i don't have the naked or naked 2 palette. Should i get it since I'm beginning with make up?

Originally Posted by 1lenna1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also contemplating whether to get this or not since i don't have the naked or naked 2 palette. Should i get it since I'm beginning with make up?
it's a good set considering that there is a lip pencil and an eyeliner in there + the 6 eye shadows that can pop out + the case (and it's limited edition).. it's a really good value but you should only get it if you like the shades in the palette

whoops wrong thread! it's a great matte palette and i don't think that it's really necessary to get it.. you can find a better deal else where since it can be easily duped :] check out the oz palettes when you get the chance :]

I think you are talking about the Oz palettes and she is talking about Naked Basics!  lol

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's a good set considering that there is a lip pencil and an eyeliner in there + the 6 eye shadows that can pop out + the case (and it's limited edition).. it's a really good value but you should only get it if you like the shades in the palette

I'd like to get it since I don't have very many neutral matte colors, the only ones I have are the colors that are in naked 1 and 2. When I bought naked 1 I really got into neutral shadows. Always before I loved wearing purple on my eyes never would I have thought about wearing browns.. I just thought that they would blend into my hair color too much (dark brown) and not stand out. When I got the too faced natural eye palette I really fell in love with neutrals. At this point I probably have enough.. and honestly my favorite eye shadows to wear are liquid eyeshadow or pot shadows. Like the color tattoos or tarte's eye-emphasis colors. I just feel like you can throw one color on and go. 

I've noticed fashion this season is very 60's and I'd definitely say a light neutral matte eye with lots of eye liner is very 60's. 

I wasn't going to get this, but then UD had their Friends and Family sale, for some reason I go bananas when I see 20% off..I picked this one, Naked2, maraposa and ammo palettes, the last 2 were less than $20 apiece.

Back