Urban Decay's NAKED Basics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like matte shadows but the first 3 colors are too light/too similar to each other and black one is an acquired taste/too dark. That leaves only 2 shadows that are nice mid-range colored shadows. That's not enough to make me want it.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

emilynoel83 just did a dupe video on youtube about the Urban Decay basics.  I was thinking of buying it (not because I need it, but because I want it) and after seeing some of the dupes (she did individual and palettes) I decided to pass.
She definitely did a GREAT video! I wasn't ever tempted to buy it because the colors are ones I already have. (plus I am hopelessly in love with my Lorac Pro Palette. Everyday I fall more in love! LOL) Hopefully people on the fence check out her video though because there are so many better options out there.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She definitely did a GREAT video! I wasn't ever tempted to buy it because the colors are ones I already have. (plus I am hopelessly in love with my Lorac Pro Palette. Everyday I fall more in love! LOL) Hopefully people on the fence check out her video though because there are so many better options out there.
yeah not spending my money on it.

I have never tried Lorac.  How do you rate the shadows?  Are the buttery?  Fallout?  I may have to look into the Lorac Pro palette!  Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a Lorac trio and they are indeed buttery, I get no fallout and they wear through the day, I love Lorac products, their liquid eyeliner is my favorite by far, their eye primer is amazing too! 

Ok.  I am sold.  Off to sephora.com and ulta.com.....It's not goo to hoard but almost as good! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a Lorac trio and they are indeed buttery, I get no fallout and they wear through the day, I love Lorac products, their liquid eyeliner is my favorite by far, their eye primer is amazing too! 

Who makes Unzipped?  Lorac?  I like all shades.  I like eyeshadows.  And eyeliner.  And lipgloss.  And lotion.  And bath gel.  Oh the depths of my goo hoarding know no bounds! 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

their Unzipped palette has nude shades, and they look cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those who love the LORAC Pro Pallette (I am one), I also highly recommend Laura Mercier's Artist pallette. It's another half matte/half shimmer. I believe it retails for $48. I bought it online but can't remember if it was from Sephora or ULTA.

I was in Sephora website earlier and thinking of getting this because I sssoooo love UD Naked. I already have the other two and it seems like my heart was broken when I saw the reviews. Would there be any chances that they will put this on discounted sale (well, not soon, but maybe next year)?

I bought the LORAC Pro Palette instead. Thanks for the suggestions/feedback ladies!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

emilynoel83 just did a dupe video on youtube about the Urban Decay basics.  I was thinking of buying it (not because I need it, but because I want it) and after seeing some of the dupes (she did individual and palettes) I decided to pass.
Based on that video, I wore my NYX Butt Naked Eyes palette today and realized Emily is right- the UD one is incredibly basic, and I own too many dupes to justify buying it.

I have the Butt Naked too, but have not gotten around to trying it yet! I agree after seeing the video, I was like "Wait, I have that palette, and that shadow and that one."  Do not need Naked Basic!  Totally going to get the Lorac Pro Palette (going to Ulta tomorrow to see it in person).  I will also check out Laura Mercier.  I do not have any makeup by her, but have been wanting to try!  Thanks to all for the tips!

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Based on that video, I wore my NYX Butt Naked Eyes palette today and realized Emily is right- the UD one is incredibly basic, and I own too many dupes to justify buying it.

For anyone interested in checking the palette out in person, my local Ulta store actually has them out already.  I wish I had known they would launch in physical stores so early!  At any rate, I think I may be in the minority but I really like my Naked Basics. I think it's a good value vs UD singles, and the price point is far more in my range than their bigger palettes.  The colors are easy to mix without making a huge mess.

I have the "good" 20% off Ulta coupon and my husband needs a few other things for me so I may pick this up. Naked 2 (the color not the palette...who names these anyway!?) looks like it may be very close to Stila Eden, but I need to swatch and see. Will also swatch Lorac while I am there but I am psyched about a small, basic, buttery, all-matte palette. I have enough sparkly stuff to supplement if I feel the need. Then I should be Done. For years to come, LOL. I know I am getting the $29 Juice Beauty kit With the coupon. I want to try the apple peel!

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the "good" 20% off Ulta coupon and my husband needs a few other things for me so I may pick this up. Naked 2 (the color not the palette...who names these anyway!?) looks like it may be very close to Stila Eden, but I need to swatch and see. Will also swatch Lorac while I am there but I am psyched about a small, basic, buttery, all-matte palette. I have enough sparkly stuff to supplement if I feel the need.
Not as small, and slightly more expensive, but take a look at Stila's In The Know palette. $39 before the coupon applies.

"The In the Know eye shadow palette contains 10 matte shades of Stila's award-winning eye shadows that flatter every skin tone and can be worn wet or dry. The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Halfmoon, a matte charcoal grey shade, plus an eight-page look book with detailed application tips and tricks."

Back