Urban Decay's NAKED Basics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hahah good then I don't feel so bad;) My mom got them for me as an early Christmas present(s) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
awww that's so nice of her :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> congrats :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awww, thank you:)

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the Lorac Pro Palette is hands down the best palette I've EVER purchased. I have the Naked which was good and then bought Naked II which I promptly returned after realizing how similar it was to the original. The Lorac palette is amazing though. The packaging is kept to a minimum. It's sleek and so easy to travel with. There is no unnecessary bulky packaging and it really looks "pro". I'm not sure why it's not talked about as much as some of the other ones, but I am in love with it. The Naked basics just doesn't seem that great especially if you own both Naked and Naked II palettes.
Ooh, Parisnicole, you've given me something to think about.  I have a gift card for Sephora and I'd been thinking that I'd get the Naked2 palette.  But I just looked up the Lorac Pro Palette, and it looks great...and even more colors!  I think this merits a trip to Sephora to compare the two and try to decide which one to buy!!  Thank you for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by CherBear711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, Parisnicole, you've given me something to think about.  I have a gift card for Sephora and I'd been thinking that I'd get the Naked2 palette.  But I just looked up the Lorac Pro Palette, and it looks great...and even more colors!  I think this merits a trip to Sephora to compare the two and try to decide which one to buy!!  Thank you for the suggestion!
What seems great about that palette is that it has both matte and shimmer shadows in a full range of colors.  I would have gotten it instead of Naked if I had known about it.  It seems to be a fantastic, complete palette.

It's an absolutely amazing palette! I don't even want to buy any other ones or use the old ones I have. Some people complain about the mattes having fall out, IMO that's just the nature of mattes in general. I love the palette soooooo much!!!

Ooh, Parisnicole, you've given me something to think about.  I have a gift card for Sephora and I'd been thinking that I'd get the Naked2 palette.  But I just looked up the Lorac Pro Palette, and it looks great...and even more colors!  I think this merits a trip to Sephora to compare the two and try to decide which one to buy!!  Thank you for the suggestion! [/quote/]

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Coupons don't work on Prestige products which this is considered to be. Unless you have one of the 20% off anything in the store coupons that is. I need one of those. lol
yes that is the coupon I am talking about

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

will be posting the full review tomorrow :] just a quick sneak peek!
pretty! What is your foundation color? I might get this since I don't have the other Naked palettes, but I'm afraid the lighter colors won't look that different on me (I'm NC15).

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

pretty! What is your foundation color? I might get this since I don't have the other Naked palettes, but I'm afraid the lighter colors won't look that different on me (I'm NC15).
i don't wear foundation but I sometimes wear BB Cream (Missha's BB Cream in No. 23 & 27 both fits me).. sorry =/ i'm a medium skintone with yellow undertones though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This weekend, I went to Five Below and they have their own  Naked palette for only 5 bucks. I thought it was cute but didn't buy it.

This is a very interesting thread. I have been wondering how this palette compares to the other 2 larger Nakeds. I think these are mostly very light shadows which might look prettier. at least on my pale skin, in the summer when I'm using bronzers and self- tanner products. They probably wouldn't show up enough to show I was wearing shadow, even with primer, right now. I really like the lower price! Good move by UD.

got this yesterday, used it today but I didn't really get to play around with looks and all cause the power was out at my house this morning and I kinda did my make up half a$$ed in the dark.  But I do like it!  I don't have naked 2.  I have naked one.  I don't really feel  the colors are similar to what's in naked 1 so I thought this would be good.  Maybe if I had naked 2 which does contain one of the same colors I'd feel differently.

Also, it helped that they're doing free shipping over $35.  I got this and the mystery bag which I am so happy I got!

I want this but I won't make an official decision til I see it in person. I love mattes & this would be a nice addition to the other two naked palettes. However I don't think it's a neccessity either in already owing the other two palettes.

emilynoel83 just did a dupe video on youtube about the Urban Decay basics.  I was thinking of buying it (not because I need it, but because I want it) and after seeing some of the dupes (she did individual and palettes) I decided to pass.

I saw that Ulta has it online too and I almost bought it but still debating....

I went ahead and ordered this from UD. Its for my mom technically, but she might now want it. With the free sample, free travel size bag of goodies, and free el dorado travel pencil, I couldn't resist. So I got this and the professional size of primer potion. Yay!

Back