Video Music Awards

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
0
Did anyone watch this on Sunday night? I did. I usually watch every year. This one was a huge disappointment. I ended up turning it off at 10:15pm. 95% of the show was rap and hip-hop. I figured there would be more R&B and Pop music. The other 5% was rock music. It just seemed like every band on stage was rap and hip-hop and by the time I turned it off, I had a headache. I'm not a fan as you can see, but I really assumed that other genre's would be included. Every year there's normally a wide variety of music and performances.

And what the heck was R. Kelly rapping about? Talk about ridiculous!


 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
It hasn't aired over here yet (think its on tonight) but i just look forward to seeing all the celebs and what they wear, how they do their hair, make up etc!

 
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
358
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Amethyst Did anyone watch this on Sunday night? I did. I usually watch every year. This one was a huge disappointment. I ended up turning it off at 10:15pm. 95% of the show was rap and hip-hop. I figured there would be more R&B and Pop music. The other 5% was rock music. It just seemed like every band on stage was rap and hip-hop and by the time I turned it off, I had a headache. I'm not a fan as you can see, but I really assumed that other genre's would be included. Every year there's normally a wide variety of music and performances.
And what the heck was R. Kelly rapping about? Talk about ridiculous!


That's funny cuz I had the exact opposite impression.. lots of rock performances (Coldplay, My chemical romance, and Kelly Clarkson) and winners (Green Day took 7 awards).
Overall the show was ok.. nothing scandalous like previous years..


 
Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
3,037
Reaction score
0
I watched it last night,it was ooookkkk.... But did you all see what jessica simpson was wearing???? IT was horrible! She should have saved that for nick. Also I wasn't a big fan of Lindsay Lohan's outfit when she presented.


 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
0
I thought Jessica Simpson looked ridiculous and Lindsay Lohan looked high as a kite (if you noticed her eyes).

I saw all the rock groups but still every other *band* on stage was rap or hip-hop. It was more like the P. Diddy Show than music awards.

I did think Gwen Stefani looked FANTASTIC !

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
0
I hated this year's show. It was boring with the exception of the Shakira & Greenday performances. I was very happy that Greenday won so many awards, because they deserved them in my opinion. I could have seriously done without R. Kelly's ridiculous lip-synching display (BORING & WASTE OF TIME) and enough already with the B.I.G. tributes. It's like every chance Diddy gets to do a tribute, he does. We get it already, you loved him and his rapping, OKAYYYYYY!!!! I didn't expect much since Diddy was in charge. I really think he is full of himself though. Must he shine the spotlight on himself all the time???? I'm sensing some personal issues there. All the name changes, the whole "white theme", blah blah blah. What else, umm I can't remember anything else right now...

 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
0
Sofia & Tony - I'm 200% in agreement with you both !


I was wondering if R. Kelly was told how utterly stupid and ridiculous his whole skit was.


 
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Amethyst I was wondering if R. Kelly was told how utterly stupid and ridiculous his whole skit was.


My sis works at the station where they showed it here in Canada so I had to watch it
That R.Kelly segment was just so stupid it was sad. I don't know why they even bothered to put him on. I'm a hip-hop fan, but even I thought the night was a waste. I'm not a huge Kelly Clarkson fan, so the fact that she beat Gwen Stefani just boggled my mind. And what the heck is going on with Hillary Duff?!?! She was all teeth and bones. YIKES!!! Jessica Simpson looked like hell. I was almost embarassed for her. Same with Eva Longoria.

I liked Diddy though:icon_love I loved the performances by The Killers and Mariah Carey. I also liked the fact that Gwen and Snoop won for best dressed. Just my opinion...

 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
0
Oh...I missed the part about who won Best Dressed.

When I saw Eva Longoria come out in her skimpy ho bathing suit, I turned it off and went to sleep.

I miss the old music awards when there was much more variety and humor.

 
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
875
Reaction score
2
Not my favorite VMA show to date, BUT Shakira rocked it! I just loved her performance with Alejandro Sanz. I am also not a huge Mariah Carey fan, but I really liked her performance. Her songs are not easy to sing! She can still hit those notes..not to mention she didn't lip sync, like some of the others.

*I also thought Kelly Clarkson was really cute when she couldn't figure out how to get to the stage to accept her award.

 
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
R. Kelly's monologue was soooo messed up but sooo hilarious. That's pretty much all I watched. then I gave up. haha.

 
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
614
Reaction score
0
yes, I saw it. but only at the end...when Green Day won those two awards to when Kelly Clarkson was singing Since You Been Gone

I'm okay with rap and hiphop, it's just not my #1 favorite.

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Sofia I hated this year's show. It was boring with the exception of the Shakira & Greenday performances. I was very happy that Greenday won so many awards, because they deserved them in my opinion. I could have seriously done without R. Kelly's ridiculous lip-synching display (BORING & WASTE OF TIME) and enough already with the B.I.G. tributes. It's like every chance Diddy gets to do a tribute, he does. We get it already, you loved him and his rapping, OKAYYYYYY!!!! I didn't expect much since Diddy was in charge. I really think he is full of himself though. Must he shine the spotlight on himself all the time???? I'm sensing some personal issues there. All the name changes, the whole "white theme", blah blah blah. What else, umm I can't remember anything else right now... You basically said what I was thinking. I am sorry but am I the only one that is disappointed with MTV? Maybe its because I am getting older but god... this years show was BORING!
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
didn't last years suck also?

i'm not a big hip hop fan either. i like some, but not a lot of rap.

i'm more of a top 40's kind of chick. lol


 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
I was also disappointed with Kelly Clarkson'e performance. She was trying to be all over the place that she was out of breath and couldn't sing. Also, the Simpson sisters were AWFUL!

 
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
I watched a portion of the awards and wasn't thrilled either. As for MTV, I liked it a lot better when it was more about music videos and less about shows such as The Real World, etc. Also, that show My Sweet 16 (or whatever the name is) is the worst. Talk about wanting to witch slap some teen girls through the television...so spoiled! Ugh!

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
0
I caught it again tonight and I can honestly say I gave it a second chance, but I still firmly stand behind my first post, BORING! I completely forgot about Hammer. I'm not even going to go there though. Poor Kelly. I don't think it was just the running around. Her first few notes were very low like she had lost her voice and then tried compensating for it by screaming. Either that or her earpiece went out and she couldn't hear herself and the music. I'm sure some technical difficulties were involved.

I wish Shakira had worn something alittle different. The outfit was very last CD and she has such a wonderful body she could pull anything off. Still loved her performance!

The other thing was the audience. Did anyone else notice? They suck, too. I remember prior shows the audience would be full of energy and applause, pump up the artists, but not even that anymore. What a complete waste. It's become more of a fashion show than anything else.

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
I saw a pic of Lil'Kim at the awards, i thought she was in jail? Also, who the hell did Paris Hiltons make up!



 

Latest posts

Top