Want to loose weight? Buy a corset!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See!! Lol. I wasn't lying! Wear a girdle and a corset and you won't eat a thing.
smile.gif

I have a corset at home, I will give it a try lol. But in the summer time I really don't wanna wear something so tight, it will only make me hotter and uncomfortable.

I want one thats like the picture! I mean I don't want to look like that BUT I like the style

I bought a corset a few months ago just cuz I like the look, but it definitely does help curb your appetite! I wear mine at least once a week and it's actually pretty comfy. I can see how you could lose weight if you wear it often. Mine is from Timeless-Trends. I would recommend them if you don't have the budget for a custom one (mine was $99).

Apparently, if you wear one for a really long time it changes your body shape too...that's what the girl who played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors said anyway.

You have great effort to loss the weight this much. I have two corsets, one is pink and other is yellow. Both are so pretty. I have lost my weight through my tough and best diet plan. And because of this I can wear my corset more comfortably.

-------------------------

Genius is an immense capacity for taking trouble

I'm skinny but a lil thick on the hips and legs but have a pug and wanna get rid of it so jus put on a corset

I bought a cheap-o one for 13 dollars at Ross. It is pretty constricting and I think I wore that when I was eating at a buffet.

My Asian family was telling me to eat more, but I couldn't. I shall wear it more. And plan out my meals better.

Corsets are great just the good ones are so darn expensive!! I only have one that I bought off Ebay & I really do need to get a new one. I also have a squeem that I wear & love. It also helps with my posture & forces me to sit up straight. When ever I'm around the house, I also wrap my stomach in plastic wrap & wear one of those rubber compression waist belts that you find in Walmart. I've gone from a 29" to 27 & my goal is to be a 24".

24! Wow. I'm just trying to get to 28 from 31. I bought both mine off ebay and modified one of them to be an underbust. About $50 each. I wear mine maybe 18 hours a day, 5 days a week...

A trick used by bodybuilders to keep their waist as narrow as possible (making the shoulders etc look wider) is NOT to exercise their obliques ie the sides of their abs, not exactly healthy though...

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
24! Wow. I'm just trying to get to 28 from 31. I bought both mine off ebay and modified one of them to be an underbust. About $50 each. I wear mine maybe 18 hours a day, 5 days a week...
Wow! 18 hours a day 5 days a week! You'll get there in no time! I really need to step up my game! Maybe I will also try sleeping my mine. LOL

I wear mine at night a lot.. Just picked up a nice mini-corset waist clincher that does just as good as my full corsets at Walmart for $13!

I researched about corsets for waist training, I want to slim my waist down to maybe 26". I'm hesistant because I heard it can move your organs around? I dunno but I might consider if I read more positive things about it. I wouldn't want to do it for weight loss though but more to get that hourglass shape.

Well it's not to be taken lightly, it does put pressure on your organs, simply because they have less space. That's why for example you cannot drink any soda, or eat too much in quantities. If you wear your corset too tightly, you can break bones as well.

I would try "corset training" but I have been working on toning up my body, & corsets weaken your core muscles. I'd rather be thick but firm, than tiny & soft. But it looks super cool...except when it goes extreme & looks dangerousD:

I bought a corset for the benefit of my ex, but I only ever wore it once. Now, unimpressed with my inflating belly, I thought I'd try wearing it for the day. It felt a little strange and uncomfortable at first, but it just feels tight now, and it has certainly suppressed my appetite. I think I'll try using it regularly for a little while and will post back if and when I'm able to fasten the tighter hooks. Good stuff!

I lost 4 inches on my 'normal' waist and 8 inches on my lower stomach in a little under a month. I 'tight lace' in heavy moderation almost every day.

Orchard Corset has some really awesome deals and they have corsets that are healthy for you to wear, with full steel braces and a nice metal 'door;' on the front. If you want to lose in your ribcage and lower stomach area go for low or moderate curves - waistline itself only go for extreme curves...

Wrapping your body in plastic is not good for you. it's bad for your skin, your health, your organs and much more. 

Just please everyone never ever wear a corset tight right away, never try to 'tight lace' or lose weight with a corset with plastic or non-steel boning, make sure the fabric is sturdy NOT satin, and make sure it has the two metal strips in front.

You WILL get hurt otherwise. And you WILL only have yourself to blame.

I've now been wearing mine at least 4 times a week since valentines day and i don't notice i'm wearing it anymore.. other than not being able to bend over easily.

Originally Posted by pretty_pink13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I researched about corsets for waist training, I want to slim my waist down to maybe 26". I'm hesistant because I heard it can move your organs around? I dunno but I might consider if I read more positive things about it. I wouldn't want to do it for weight loss though but more to get that hourglass shape.
If you want to start corsetting, make sure that you buy from a reputable store like orchardcorset.com. you want something with real steel boning, thick materials (not satin, etc) and your better off to start with an underbust corset. You want to make sure that you get one that also has metal plates in front, because that will be what supports your body and keeps your organs from getting damaged. Yes you can damage your organs, but as long as you're only moving down a few inches or very slowly, and you don't try to 'tight lace', there's no real movement of the organs other than slight compression.

As several people stated above you won't be able to drink as much soda, and many people say it restricts appetite, it can.. but doesn't always. Corsetting is something that if done properly can give you semi-permanent results, if you want them to stay you keep using it at least sometimes (20-30 hours a week). Until you're really used to it do NOT sleep in the corset. It's very hard on your lungs and is when the most damage is caused because of the deeper pattern of breathing.

I would highly suggest this method though if you just want to lose from your waist. It really doesn't require much else in a life change, and you can usually hide one under clothing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back