Want to loose weight? Buy a corset!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an awsome method. I still find myself daydreaming about some of the ones from OrchardCorset (the only place I've found that will fix any problems that happen with their corsets for free) which makes really cute and sexy ones too. You will get some double and triple takes from people at first, then you forget about it. Now I feel sort of naked without it.. (and my waist is smaller without the corset than with it because it's Thick!) If you plan on using it to really slim down you can get one that's up to 5-7 inches (instead of the typical 2-5) smaller BUT the little modesty panel in the back won't fit over to cover (the corset stretches over time with wearing it and molds to your body so for more effectiveness even without lacing really tight you can make the corset last longer and not be loose if your waist does slim down.

If you have a long torso make sure you get one for it or you'll be wearing it too high or too low all the time to fix everything. They're not really more expensive just a little more rare.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg I need to try this!
I really noticed though I wish I got the moderate curves model because I want to slim my lower stomach more than my waist and the extreme curves model I got even when completely closed (mines about 8" smaller than my starting measurements) doesn't really do much for that area.

Victoria's Secrets has some pretty tight and comfortable ones for very cheap at their outlet stores! I got mine last December for $7.50.  I am pretty slim but have a major problem with fat in my lower back (right above my bum), the lovely muffin tops and underneath my belly button. I have been looking at buying one from a place called lipoexpress. I just need to brainwash myself into spending that cash lol.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it worked for you it may work for others. I wouldn't try it because I for 1 couldn't bare wearing that all day and 2 is it really safe?
Wearing a properly fitted corset is safe. It does help with appetite control, Karren is right on that. When does it become unsafe? If you train with a corset to get a wasp waist that is when it becomes unsafe if you're being trained by someone who knows what they're doing. The other way it becomes unsafe is if you have a corset that is fitted too tight to begin with. Corset training is a slow and gradual thing and most women who were corset trained were trained at a young age. Unfortunately long term use of a corset to obtain the wasp waist can lead to internal problems but that's LONG TERM use. I use to wear a waist cinch, similar to a corset, after my first three pregnancies since it helped me get back into shape faster, I didn't with my last two and became fat because I was constantly eating. lol

Originally Posted by SarraSanborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I lost 4 inches on my 'normal' waist and 8 inches on my lower stomach in a little under a month. I 'tight lace' in heavy moderation almost every day.

Orchard Corset has some really awesome deals and they have corsets that are healthy for you to wear, with full steel braces and a nice metal 'door;' on the front. If you want to lose in your ribcage and lower stomach area go for low or moderate curves - waistline itself only go for extreme curves...

Wrapping your body in plastic is not good for you. it's bad for your skin, your health, your organs and much more. 

Just please everyone never ever wear a corset tight right away, never try to 'tight lace' or lose weight with a corset with plastic or non-steel boning, make sure the fabric is sturdy NOT satin, and make sure it has the two metal strips in front.

You WILL get hurt otherwise. And you WILL only have yourself to blame.

I've now been wearing mine at least 4 times a week since valentines day and i don't notice i'm wearing it anymore.. other than not being able to bend over easily.
I disagree with wrapping your body in plastic. It's fine if you're doing it for a short amount of time. When I competed in beauty pageants I would wrap my waist and legs in plastic, after applying lotion, and wear it for a couple of hours, sometimes overnight (especially my dry feet). At high end spas they use to do this and then wrap the women in ace bandages then in an aluminum blanket.

Doesn't it get itchy? I use a different brand and if I wear it over 4 hours, it gets itchy. Not sure what wrong but I make sure it has been washed before wearing one.

Originally Posted by CoganKnowsBest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently, if you wear one for a really long time it changes your body shape too...that's what the girl who played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors said anyway.

It does but the change is not permanent, if you take your corset off your body will eventually go back to the way it was before the corset minus the weight you've lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well it's not to be taken lightly, it does put pressure on your organs, simply because they have less space. That's why for example you cannot drink any soda, or eat too much in quantities. If you wear your corset too tightly, you can break bones as well.

Though it's unlikely to break bones even with the most extreme tightlacers because of the force required to break the bones is huge. It's more likely to cause nerve damage and bruises if you put it on incorrectly and the pressure is not evened out.

A girdle can do the same and looks after your bottom too, very important.

I wear a girdle , open bottom Playtex 18-hour , all the time. But then I trained in them since very young, 13 years of age. And I just kept it up as others left them off through the years, I was so used to it and even gotten to like it. And though a normal natural figure ( size 14 - 12 in girdle) I have always worn one from up in the morning to bed at night.
The girdle holds me up, its front panel flattens my belly, and hips and thighs smoothed out, I like and enjoy the uplift it gives to my backside too. Waist - 2 inches off .
You'll get used to it and even enjoy its suppi
ort afer a while and love what it does for you too.
Little tips are to leave it down over your backside so it will give you a lovely hug behind, pull it right up over your belly, sort of 'arch' into it , then do up your back suspenders ( garters) first.
yes, even when used to girdles like I am you'll still feel them from time to time , but only the firmness around you when you think of it , a well - fitted girdle becomes quite easy to wear all the time, and of course I absolutely love the nylons that go with them .
So, yes, girdles are fab when you're used to them , after a few months daily wear every day - depends on the person really. That's what I find. In no time at all it's true, you will forget you have it on- but know when it's off!
Go for the 18-hour Playtex, it's still available, it's the best girdle ever made, comfy , hard-wearing , pretty.

Love, Gilliane.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot to post this a month ago but I wore a girdle all day (special occasion) and when I ate, I only ate maybe 1/2 of everything. I was stuffed!
hahahaha, i think i can try this

Originally Posted by MichelleMUA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would try "corset training" but I have been working on toning up my body, & corsets weaken your core muscles. I'd rather be thick but firm, than tiny & soft. But it looks super cool...except when it goes extreme & looks dangerousD:
How does a corset make your core muscles weak?

And do they really help with posture???  I really need better posture. 

We can loose weight by following some simple steps like regular eating that only healthy, doing exercise regularly, drinking lots of water. These are the simple steps by following this also we can balance our body.

Back