[Wantable Changes] Attention Wantable Subscribers!!! You should read

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the great customer service - that said, several comments I made on FB page are now gone.  They were not insulting, but the truth of how they marketed their subscription and what happened.

I also think they are in trouble financially now - they just moved to a new place and I am sure that overhead affected the box.  However, it is totally bogus of them to try and state that they are giving us fewer, but more expensive items, because they aren't.

36.00 is an expensive sub for me, as I am sure it is for others.  I have never gotten a credit or a free box from them - this is all of my money as I am sure many of their subscribers also pay for their own boxes.

The fact that they removed my comments and other members comments pisses me off.  That is wrong.  So, I do feel that they are trying to lie to their other customers and trying to do damage control.

BTW - I've read a lot of blogs about their sub before I jumped in.  And no one complained about the value of their box and the amount of products!!    In fact, they were all raving over it.

I found the posts - they are on a hidden page now...lol.   This is feedback from 4 different members, including myself

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received:

1. Lise Watier Ombred Souffle Supreme sample, retail $0
  2. True Color Lip Cream in Barely There (it lights up!), retail $22
  3. Loose blush in Amorous by Brazen, retail $19
  4. Heaven's Dust in Angel Gold by Girlactik Beauty, retail $19

Total box retail value: $60

To quote myself... The value of my box to the price paid (well would have paid if I didn't have credits) would be 40% off.

$60 - 40% = $36.

To quote myself... The value of my box to the price paid (well would have paid if I didn't have credits) would be 40% off.

$60 - 40% = $36.

I understand that.  But that is not what subscribers are used to and in fact, the wantable rep here even stated up to 60% off.  Ipsy gives me 50% more than what I paid for it, if not more.  I get bags that range in value from 30 to 40 dollars and that is a 10 dollar sub.    I pay 25.00 for blush and I get boxes that are well over 100.00 every month.

the value of the boxes have dropped by a 1/3.  That cannot be denied.  They did pull a fast one on their members, as they stated that the 3-4 items were more expensive.  No, they weren't.  They are about the same price each as our original subs.  We are just getting less of them.

If you are new to Wantable, you will be happy with it as you have not experienced the past boxes which were valued between 80 - 100.  Mine were always in the mid 90 dollar range.

Just so you know, my math of it being 40% was more to back you up when Wantable claims it should be 60%. It's a shame it dropped by 20%.

Just so you know, my math of it being 40% was more to back you up when Wantable claims it should be 60%. It's a shame it dropped by 20%.
sorry, I misunderstood!! 

I think that being here and exchanging information is great.  Facebook is not showing those comments anymore on the main page, they are hidden now - lol.  I can access them, but only because of the email link I get from fb.

I am going to use the 36.00 that I am saving by skipping this month to try out brazen and perhaps purchase glossybox, if their sneak peaks tempt me.

I hope that wantable does rethink this by either going back to the 4-6 items or reducing the cost of the sub with the 3-4 items.

Thank you so much for the heads up! What a disapointment. I've unsubscribed and signed up for lip factoy Inc. instead. Way cheaper & more products!

I received the following email this morning from wantable

Quote:  I just wanted to let you know that after much deliberation and loads of great feedback from customers like you, we have decided to reverse our decision to reduce the number of items in the makeup box. We're going back to 4-5 items per box effective immediately. This decision came from a desire to make all of our customers happy and I hope you are pleased with it. If we ever decide to make any changes in the future, we will notify our subscribers to make sure everyone is equally informed. I'm so sorry that you felt mislead. That was really not our intention and it won't happen again. 

I did thank them for that, but I still had 2 outstanding questions and I will post here once they answer it.  I am not unskipping until I know

1.  Did the value remain the same?  The $80 to $100.00 box value

2.  The 4-5 items was newly introduced in October, with no communication.   It used to be 4-6 items.  I just want them to understand that was another policy change that they made and it was not part of the sub when I signed up. 

not to sound greedy or anything, but they do need to understand, the 4-5 item shift was a change as well that was not communicated.

I do wonder how they will compensate for the members that already got their november box and got 3 items.  Or 4 that was under the $80.00 minimum value.

response:

Quote:  You will receive 4-5 items if you unskip for November. We have removed the promise of $80-100 though. I realized we said that in May, but we're still a new company and so things will change from time to time as we grow. Currently, we promise 4-5 makeup items per box and that you will receive much more value than what you pay for the box. If any of that changes in the future, we will notify you so you're fully aware before you're billed. I understand if you're no longer interested in our subscription, but I wanted to be honest about what we're guaranteeing. I'd love if you gave us one last shot for November though. If you don't like the box and don't feel we're the right service for you, you can always send it back for a full refund

so, they cannot tell us the value of the box and removed that promise.  I am not sure I want to stay with them.  I will unskip the November box and see what they send me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  response:

so, they cannot tell us the value of the box and removed that promise.  I am not sure I want to stay with them.  I will unskip the November box and see what they send me. 
This is purely anecdotal but in my box (which I received two weeks ago) I had 4 items and a total value of $80.50, so certainly on the low end, although that works out to about $20 per product. It feels to me that the overall box value is going to go down a bit now that they're cutting the number of products.

On the one hand - not surprising - it costs a lot to process returns and that's a pretty amazing feature. On the other hand, in order to make this truly worthwhile they have to stop carrying awful products like Michael Marcus.

yes, I have the feeling that their boxes are going to be on the low end.   your october box was only 80.00?   wow.  I got a 97.00 box, 5 items.

I just feel they must have known that their business model was unsustainable and they had planned on reducing the amount of items/value.  They got a lot of good word of mouth from bloggers over this summer and now they have changed their terms.

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, we can't post on here as often as we'd like, but I wanted to reach out to you guys and offer you the option to email me at [email protected] so I can help with all of the issue you guys have been posting about! I also wanted to let you know what's going on with our Makeup Box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, at Wantable, our #1 goal is customer satisfaction. We received a lot of feedback from customers that they wanted to see new and exciting brands with a higher price point. We brought those in (such as DEX and Girlactik), but then felt that we may need to lower the number of items in each box to make room for these new brands. That’s why we decided to decrease the number to 3-4 products per makeup box.

After much deliberation and helpful feedback from our customers, we decided to reverse this decision and go back to 4-5 items per makeup box. It will be more difficult, but like the great Tim Gunn says, we'll "make it work!" Thank you to everyone who took the time to email or contact us via social media. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns. We’d love to chat! 

So, bottom line, is we're back! 4 to 5 brand name items, AND new brands like DEX (Lady Gaga's a fan!), Starlooks, Girlactik, and ncLA polishes/nail wraps, which Beyonce wore in her Pepsi superbowl commercials! 

Please please email us if they're is anything we can do to make you a happy or happier customer. Thanks!

(I'll be posting this on all threads about us, hoping they won't get removed!)

yes, I have the feeling that their boxes are going to be on the low end.   your october box was only 80.00?   wow.  I got a 97.00 box, 5 items.

I just feel they must have known that their business model was unsustainable and they had planned on reducing the amount of items/value.  They got a lot of good word of mouth from bloggers over this summer and now they have changed their terms.
Yes, I was definitely disappointed. I ended up returning it and suspended my account. I'm not going to resub until they give us more power to customize tools (and if I see them dropping Michael Marcus). 

Still subscribing to the intimates box though because I loved that one. 

Quote: Originally Posted by JaclynO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey guys!

Unfortunately, we can't post on here as often as we'd like, but I wanted to reach out to you guys and offer you the option to email me at [email protected] so I can help with all of the issue you guys have been posting about! I also wanted to let you know what's going on with our Makeup Box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, at Wantable, our #1 goal is customer satisfaction. We received a lot of feedback from customers that they wanted to see new and exciting brands with a higher price point. We brought those in (such as DEX and Girlactik), but then felt that we may need to lower the number of items in each box to make room for these new brands. That’s why we decided to decrease the number to 3-4 products per makeup box.

After much deliberation and helpful feedback from our customers, we decided to reverse this decision and go back to 4-5 items per makeup box. It will be more difficult, but like the great Tim Gunn says, we'll "make it work!" Thank you to everyone who took the time to email or contact us via social media. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns. We’d love to chat! 

So, bottom line, is we're back! 4 to 5 brand name items, AND new brands like DEX (Lady Gaga's a fan!), Starlooks, Girlactik, and ncLA polishes/nail wraps, which Beyonce wore in her Pepsi superbowl commercials! 

Please please email us if they're is anything we can do to make you a happy or happier customer. Thanks!

That's progress!

Quote: Originally Posted by JaclynO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey guys!

Quick question. What about those of us who received the November box already with only three items?

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, I was definitely disappointed. I ended up returning it and suspended my account. I'm not going to resub until they give us more power to customize tools (and if I see them dropping Michael Marcus). 

Still subscribing to the intimates box though because I loved that one. 
well, they did pick up starlooks...lol.

yes, I know that starlooks aren't cheap, but what I got from ipsy doesn't thrill me.  I don't want another black pencil eyeliner or hot pink lipliner!!  I do think lipliners are on my hate list...

Quick question. What about those of us who received the November box already with only three items?
I would hope that they would send you out an extra item in the december box....I did ask that here as well.

I received the following email this morning from wantable

I did thank them for that, but I still had 2 outstanding questions and I will post here once they answer it.  I am not unskipping until I know

1.  Did the value remain the same?  The $80 to $100.00 box value

2.  The 4-5 items was newly introduced in October, with no communication.   It used to be 4-6 items.  I just want them to understand that was another policy change that they made and it was not part of the sub when I signed up. 

not to sound greedy or anything, but they do need to understand, the 4-5 item shift was a change as well that was not communicated.

I do wonder how they will compensate for the members that already got their november box and got 3 items.  Or 4 that was under the $80.00 minimum value.

Since they offer returns on each box, I don't foresee them offering anything. I would think they would just assume that if you keep the box, you were happy with it. As for me, I got a 4 item box worth around $65. I've already printed out the label to return it. I also cancelled my account. I did like seeing the new Girlactik show up in my box (2 items) but it wasn't as pricey as items I'd gotten from them in the past. I wonder if they had to pay more to acquire the items from Girlactik or something? Anyway, I agree with you. I had always gotten 5 or 6 items. 3 would be ridiculous! Even 4 is too low in my mind. But, if they go back to giving more items but make them all of crap value, it still won't be worth it to me. I'll keep an eye on them. (REALLY hoping they come back with full force). However, I'm glad I cancelled for now so I won't have to remember to skip every month. I trust the MUT ladies here will keep me in the loop! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But is it just me, or is that a bad business plan from the start? What I mean is, customers are savvy enough to notice things like this and rebel, which is what many of us have done. I don't think it is a good idea to offer more in the beginning and plan on cutting back later on. You mess up your existing, loyal customer base. Or, did they know they'd do that, but hope that existing social media would pull in new customers, so they wouldn't worry about the old ones? I'm just curious what people think about their plan if indeed it was their plan to offer more up front then cut back. Hmm?

Please email us at [email protected] and we'll take care of you!

Back