[Wantable Changes] Attention Wantable Subscribers!!! You should read

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd, my Wantable Intimates box just shipped but it was sent USPS Package Services whereas the first intimates box and the makeup box were both sent USPS First Class. Package Services is due to arrive in 7 days and I know that's pretty standard for subscription boxes but the one thing that really impressed me from the start with Wantable was how fast their shipping was compared to all the others. 

Has anyone else received tracking on their order? Do you know if it was sent First Class or Package Services? How were your previous boxes sent?

Thanks! I'm just a little puzzled. 

my boxes were always sent first class package service.  I checked by looking at my account there and clicked on the "track your package here" link

mine shipped out late yesterday evening and I am supposed to get it tuesday.  So, that is pretty quick, I think

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  mine shipped out late yesterday evening and I am supposed to get it tuesday.  So, that is pretty quick, I think
Yes, that's strange. My boxes always went as First Class too but this particular one is going Package Services. My only thought is maybe it's much heavier and it's just too expensive to send First Class? 

well mine does say first class package services.....

I don't know the difference between first class package services and package services.  that is strange.

well mine does say first class package services.....

I don't know the difference between first class package services and package services.  that is strange.
My previous boxes were sent "First-Class Package Service" and they arrived in 2-3 days. This one was sent "Package Services" and isn't due for 7 days.

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My previous boxes were sent "First-Class Package Service" and they arrived in 2-3 days. This one was sent "Package Services" and isn't due for 7 days.
well, hopefully, it is because it is over 13 ounces!!   And that you get it sooner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

well, hopefully, it is because it is over 13 ounces!!   And that you get it sooner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh! That would explain it!! And yes, hopefully. 
smile.gif

This thread has had a lull. Has anyone moved to a different one? I went a little overboard and just got all three of the boxes so I'm expecting a lot of loot next week! Hoping it's good. 
smile.gif

you will have to let us know what you get in December boxes!  my box doesn't ship out until the 7th.  My november box wasn't that bad - although they messed up again and sent me a product I disliked.   They did replace it, but I do not think they pay a great deal of attention to the more granular loves/likes/dislike at this time.  They did send me TWO Michael Marcus items - sigh

I wasn't really happy with the response I got about replacing the item that was a dislike - I was told they would do this "one time replacement" for me.  Hello?  It isn't MY fault that they sent out a dislike.    The whole point of this sub is that you will NEVER get a dislike.  They should never state a "one time replacement".  They should JUST replace it and tighten up their quality control.

I did sub to brazen's friends with benefits and I do love that a lot.  I so want to love wantable, but I just feel that I cannot feel "meh" about a 36.00 subscription box. 

I will not hesitate to send back a box if I don't love every item now.   

you will have to let us know what you get in December boxes!  my box doesn't ship out until the 7th.  My november box wasn't that bad - although they messed up again and sent me a product I disliked.   They did replace it, but I do not think they pay a great deal of attention to the more granular loves/likes/dislike at this time.  They did send me TWO Michael Marcus items - sigh

I wasn't really happy with the response I got about replacing the item that was a dislike - I was told they would do this "one time replacement" for me.  Hello?  It isn't MY fault that they sent out a dislike.    The whole point of this sub is that you will NEVER get a dislike.  They should never state a "one time replacement".  They should JUST replace it and tighten up their quality control.

I did sub to brazen's friends with benefits and I do love that a lot.  I so want to love wantable, but I just feel that I cannot feel "meh" about a 36.00 subscription box. 

Agreed; so far I've had two hits with the Intimates boxes and a big miss with the Makeup box. (Michael Marcus ... ugh.) I like being able to send back the boxes so I'm not too worried about investing in three at once! And I wanted to give the Makeup box another try but if it's a miss again then I probably won't try again.

WOW!!! Now I am absolutely convinced I did the right thing in cancelling and I probably won't go back. Their mistake, their problem, not yours! I bet I'll have a similar experience with Little Black Bag. Or rather, I *would* have that problem if I ordered from them again. I'm trying really, really, really hard to quit them (after using my exchange credits). For the 2nd time, they notified me that an item I was supposed to get was out of stock. The first time it happened, they offered me a $50 item for a $25 item. Plus, it happened with an item I had kept in my cart for a long time (through gifting) and after their warehouse move. I completely understood how it could've happened. I wasn't sure if I wanted the item or not anyway. No big deal. But then, I just found out I wasn't going to get a Steve Madden scarf I opened a bag with because I knew it was going to sell out quick. I didn't even open with the last one either. There was NO excuse for them not sending me my scarf. To add insult to injury, they only offered me a $50 item as a replacement. The scarf sells for $48 on Zappos. But I had a pair of earrings in my bag that retails for $24 too. So they wanted to keep the $29 I paid for opening a bag and only give me a $50 item for it. Yeah right! Plus, even though they technically apologized, you could tell it was just something done out of necessity. They didn't add any assurances they were going to make sure this didn't happen again and they didn't agree with me that they had no excuse for this crap. In fact, they defended it. Pitiful customer service! Sorry. I know I'm going off on a tangent rant but I just emailed them to explain how I felt and asked them to cancel my order. Now, I've heard they only cancel orders once, but of course they shouldn't count this as my one time cancel out of choice because they caused the problem. I never really got over the crap they tried to pull with the exchange returns (even if they did take it back). Plus, trading never returned to what it was before that mess. With this, I really do want to walk away. I've got tons of exchange credits left. I just hope they put out lots of stuff I like December 1st (or later, as my exchange credits aren't all processed and I have stuff to send back right now too). I want to drain my exchanges, pay just $6 for shipping, and cancel my account so I won't look back or be tempted.

So really, I can understand how you feel. If they ever do try to pull crap with you again, I wouldn't be surprised, and personally I wouldn't hesitate to cancel either. No one wants to take responsibility for their own mistakes anymore and it makes me furious. Oh well. It is going to save me money! But seriously, thanks for sharing. Just knowing Wantable said this to you makes it so much more likely I will never go back to them. I want stores that appreciate me and my money, not treat me like a doormat for lodging a very valid complaint.

Ok guys. I promise I know this is the Wantable thread and not a Little Black Bag thread, but after my last post, I just had to share this. Too funny. But the end result is I won't be spending more money with LBB other than for shipping as I drain off all my exchange credits! Yah! As for Wantable, sounds like I won't be going back to them either. Double Yah! So, below in the spoiler is the response I got from LBB when I asked to cancel my bag because *they messed up* by running out of stock of my item after they sold it to me. These people must be smoking some seriously good dope! 

Here is where I declined their oh so generous offer of giving me a $50 item credit for my $29 order. Never mind the fact that they wanted to keep my $29 to open a bag which gave me 2 items and the scarf I opened with was probably close to $50 by itself. Yes, to make up for their own error, they wanted to give me less of a deal than I could have gotten for opening up a brand new $29 bag. Crazy:   Heather Hicks, Nov 28 04:10 pm (PST): Given the circumstances, I'd prefer a full refund for all charges relating to this order (including shipping, if applicable). I don't recall what Little Black Bag stated as the retail value on the scarf, but I see it can be purchased for $48 on Zappos. I had a pair of earrings in my bag with a Little Black Bag estimated value of $24. Thus, one single $50 item code or exchange credit would not compensate me for the two items I lost of a higher combined value. I hope you understand my logic. Because trading is involved, when something like this happens, it has an even greater impact than it would have at an ordinary store. It also makes offering exchange credits or even full refunds inadequate if the person who placed the order was able to trade upward in retail value. Quite frankly, I always try to do this with items I don't want, and I simply send an item back for an exchange credit if I don't like it to 'preserve the value I gained by trading up.' I still do not understand exactly what led to this error and I still maintain that this should not happen with a brand new item now that you have completed your move. If departments need to better coordinate with one another, they need to learn how to do so very quickly. Of course, I don't blame any individual person for this. I was angry (and still am very disappointed) in the company as a whole. Things like this cannot be allowed to continue or Little Black Bag will lose the trust of their customers and all their integrity, which is still important to me, personally. HeatherLittle Black Bag   Here is their response:   Reese, Nov 29 12:00 pm (PST): Hi HeatherSorry for all of the trouble you have been experiencing. I'll cancel this bag for you as a one time courtesy and you'll see the refund for the amount charged on your card for the order in a few business days. We hope that you'll check back since we add new merchandise to the site on a weekly basis!Have a delightful day,ReeseCustomer Service AmbassadorWe'd really appreciate it if you can take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey regarding our conversation. Please go to http://www.instant.ly/s/eq9Li to let us know how we did!   And here is my final response to them sent less than 5 minutes ago:   No Reese. This will NOT be my "one time courtesy cancel." You are correcting your (as in the company's) own mistakes! I have ordered numerous bags from this company over the past 2-3 years. I have never asked to cancel a bag. I don't intend to do so. In fact, I don't intend to do so because I plan on using up all my exchange credits instead of opening a new bag and then I am going to cancel my subscription. No offense to you personally, but this company has the worst overall customer service I have seen in a long time. Yes, problems are taken care of, but the attitude in which they are taken care of is horrible. Prime example--calling my cancellation request a 'courtesy' as if you are doing me a favor after I did something wrong. Perhaps to you it is all semantics (and I'm sure it is the company's asinine policy to make you refer to it as a 'courtesy cancel' no matter what) , but I find it very insulting. You have great products for the most part, but I'll look elsewhere to make purchases now that I know what brands I like. Again, no personal offense and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry to see you are back at work on Friday instead of having another day off. Heather   Boy was I happy to see that survey link, lol! 

heather, wow.  I do hate it when a company makes remarks like that - "a one time cancel' , a "one time courtesy", etc when it was THEIR fault in the first place.  Not yours.  It is condescending and also makes it seem like if they messed up again, they won't do anything about it. 

I know folks hate HauteLook's long shipping time, but man, they apologized like crazy to me when my order was "lost" - not only did they refund me fully, but gave me a 15.00 credit to my account.   And they apologized many times during the phone call.  

heather, wow.  I do hate it when a company makes remarks like that - "a one time cancel' , a "one time courtesy", etc when it was THEIR fault in the first place.  Not yours.  It is condescending and also makes it seem like if they messed up again, they won't do anything about it. 

I know folks hate HauteLook's long shipping time, but man, they apologized like crazy to me when my order was "lost" - not only did they refund me fully, but gave me a 15.00 credit to my account.   And they apologized many times during the phone call.  
That's good to hear about Hautelook. I've only placed a handful of orders with them, but yes, by the time something gets to me I've almost forgotten about it, lol. I may have to look to them after I finish up with LBB. That said, I've got 11 items to ship back to them for exchange credits. That's how they keep you. That and releasing matching items like earrings and necklaces a few weeks apart so you have to come back. Then, you find something else you want and here we go again. I'm so hoping I can just cash out and leave them soon.

I was reading that you could return wantable boxes if you don't like them. Does anyone know if you have to return the entire box? Or can you send back just the items you didn't like?

Back