Wantable - new quarterly subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's very important to hear the negative aspects of a potential subscription. Otherwise, people who haven't subscribed (like me) won't know what they're going into. If everyone who was unhappy simply unsubscribed without saying anything, the new people wouldn't have much to go on.

Got both my makeup and accessory boxes, and I love everything!

I got my first Wantable box today.  I am a bit confused by it, to be honest.  Nothing in it is bad, per say, and it seems that they were fairly spot on with the value of individual items, but...out of the 5 (yes, 5) full sized items, three were nude lip products of pretty much the exact same shade.  I don't hate any of them individually, but it doesn't make much sense, since I clearly have lots of loves on the sheet they sent.  For $18, I'll keep it, but if I had paid full price for the box, I would be returning it since three lip products of the same shade wouldn't really seem worth $36 to me.

For reference, here they are right next to each other:

For the record, I received Girlactik Beauty Pout Shine in Lovely, FACE Stockholm's Pot Gloss in Honest, Eveline Eyeliner Marker, Color Club nail polish in Baldwin Blues, and My Face Cosmetics Gigabyte Lupstick in Penny Lane (plus a sample of Skiin's Instant Skin Tightener & Fine Line Filler).

@biskies: Are you going to try another box? I had a lot of luck w/ limiting my box to two product types and two shades within the product types (look back a few pages and you'll see pics). That might be something to try. Warning: I did this before the shift in product brands/prices.

Quote: Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @biskies: Are you going to try another box? I had a lot of luck w/ limiting my box to two product types and two shades within the product types (look back a few pages and you'll see pics). That might be something to try. Warning: I did this before the shift in product brands/prices.

I am going to have to decide if I want to continue with the subscription.  I'm at peace with this box only because I only paid $18 for it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still disappointed with this, but I am certainly at least going to go into the profile and mark that I dislike nudes because, well, this was way too much.  I probably would have sent this box back if I didn't have to pull the serrated plastic off the lipstick just to see what the color looked like.  Moving forward, I will search the internet for the product rather than open anything as well.

I did email their customer service to ask how this could happen, only because I DO have a list of things that I like...for me to get three versions of essentially the same product is bizarre.  My concern is that I'll go dislike nude lippies and wind up with a box of pink blushes next month.  I think whether or not I will pay for another box really depends on how they respond to my inquiry .

FYI:  Customer service emailed me back today.  They offered to allow me to return the box, despite having opened one of the products.  However, they said that, if I decided to keep it, they would send me a few replacement products.  I opted for this rather than to have to deal with the post office.  I am happy with the response and will have to remove nude lip products into "dislike" for the foreseeable future.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I sent my box back for the 1st time this month.It had 4 items plus the sample. 3 lip products and a starlooks pencil.Not worth 36.00.I will use my refund at Sephora. Although it was my 1st bad box from them, their decision to cut the number of items lowered it's value. Time to cancel.

Quote: Originally Posted by Donna529 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent my box back for the 1st time this month.It had 4 items plus the sample. 3 lip products and a starlooks pencil.Not worth 36.00.I will use my refund at Sephora. Although it was my 1st bad box from them, their decision to cut the number of items lowered it's value. Time to cancel.

I can see that as an issue with people that have subbed with them for a while.  I was impressed that my box had five items (total value was $75).  I thought it was quite nice, with the exception of the fact that three of those five items were the nude lippies (but CS offered to fix the issue, so I'm pretty happy overall).  I can kind of see where, if I were subbed for a while and this was a huge change for me, I would be upset as well.  However, I think as a new subscriber, I am happy overall.  I will give it a couple more months, if only because their customer service was spot on. 

Just as a follow up, my replacement items arrived Tuesday, bu I was away for Christmas.  I picked it up when I got home and the replacement products were a Sorme Shimmer Glow wand in Rosy and a Starlooks Lengthening Mascara.  They both seem to be fairly good products and I'll try another month before I call it quits.  They list the Shimmer Glow wand at $24.50 (I did find it at that price in a couple of locations), but was able to find it as low as $14 (plus shipping) on Amazon.  It would still cost me about $20 to get the wand and have it shipped, so I'm not freaking out about that, but I really don't like the value listing being so off sometimes, but I AM very happy with the replacement products and hopefully next month, things will be better.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, here is my December Wantable. CS contacted me before shipping this box to make sure my profile was right. It wasn't, I had lip & blush listed but the blush part of the quiz messed up, so they asked if I wanted all lip products and I said sure! 

Micheal Marcus Lip Gloss Wheel ~ Delicious  $39.50  (Meh..not for me)

Bella Beauty Shine On Lip Gloss ~ Rosie   $11

Besame Cosmetics Lipstick ~ Cherry Red   $22

Whip Cosmetics Lip Hit Long Wear Lip Veneer ~ Crave  $$20

Skiin Sample Line Filler Sample

These are the prices listed on the paper in your box. 

Quote: Originally Posted by JenMiele78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, here is my December Wantable. CS contacted me before shipping this box to make sure my profile was right. It wasn't, I had lip & blush listed but the blush part of the quiz messed up, so they asked if I wanted all lip products and I said sure! 

Micheal Marcus Lip Gloss Wheel ~ Delicious  $39.50  (Meh..not for me)

Bella Beauty Shine On Lip Gloss ~ Rosie   $11

Besame Cosmetics Lipstick ~ Cherry Red   $22

Whip Cosmetics Lip Hit Long Wear Lip Veneer ~ Crave  $$20

Skiin Sample Line Filler Sample

These are the prices listed on the paper in your box. 

That Besame lipstick looks gorgeous!!!  However, it's bizarre that they say that the Michael Marcus lip gloss wheel retails at $40 when you can buy them on littleblackbag.com for $17 and that site states that the retail value is $24...

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That Besame lipstick looks gorgeous!!!
I actually got another Besame a few months ago from Wantable, it is the Chocolate Kiss shade..and it smells like Chocolate! I am not crazy about this Besame, may trade it.

I actually got another Besame a few months ago from Wantable, it is the Chocolate Kiss shade..and it smells like Chocolate! I am not crazy about this Besame, may trade it.

If you like blush, I got a really nice like blush with a built-in brush from Wantable this month that I'm considering adding to my trade list as well :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From Ipsy Swap on FB. Do you have a pic of the blush? 
smile.gif

Not a good color for me. =(

Hehe, no problem!  I added it to my swap board and updated the whole thing overall.  It'll find a new home eventually :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone tried the wantable accessories box? Thoughts? I'm considering it...

Quote: Originally Posted by lsarao /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have both the intimates and accessories box, and I'm way happier with the latter. The pieces always seem to be exactly my taste, and even if a couple aren't things I would ever think to buy, I end up using them and loving them. I find the accessories fun and en pointe. They're definitely costume jewelry of a more inexpensive variety, but still very decent in my opinion (and I've received several scarves I've loved), and I love having the items curated for me. 

I have had less luck with the intimates -- I've been kind of meh about the items I have received (though I end up keeping them because I figure I will still end up using them). I may end up canceling the intimates sub, but I'll definitely keep the accessories box!

Quote: Originally Posted by aquaria527 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lsarao /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have both the intimates and accessories box, and I'm way happier with the latter. The pieces always seem to be exactly my taste, and even if a couple aren't things I would ever think to buy, I end up using them and loving them. I find the accessories fun and en pointe. They're definitely costume jewelry of a more inexpensive variety, but still very decent in my opinion (and I've received several scarves I've loved), and I love having the items curated for me. 

I have had less luck with the intimates -- I've been kind of meh about the items I have received (though I end up keeping them because I figure I will still end up using them). I may end up canceling the intimates sub, but I'll definitely keep the accessories box!

Oooh thank you! That is so great to hear. I think I'm going to give it a try - especially since they just sent me an email with a 10% off code! 

Latest posts

Back