Warning for all tightliners! Your never gonna believe what my doc told me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by fingers /img/forum/go_quote.gif arrrgh thats soooo weird!!! loli don't really tightline because it tickles me too much lol but every now and then i'll do my bottom lids. i have found though that the mucus (or sleepy dust lol) in the corners of my eyes is often black from my liquid liner. but that's only at the end of a day of wearing liquid liner all day and it just gathers at the corner.

I noticed this a few times, it looks funny but it has never scared me i just figured i didn't remove all my makeup as well as i thought, or something like that.

I don't like tightlining because it makes my eyes look smaller (it closes them off). But this is kind of freaky! lol!

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif on the note of doctors warnings, make sure you use something gentile and oil free when you tight line i was using mac fluid line for the longest time to tight line and i ended up getting a stye because it cloged all the pores near my lashline. This is weird. Ugh and I got a stye near the trarduct right now bc of the duo glue for my falsies. Fell asleep with them on last night.

This Always Happens to me lol I wear so much Makeup lol I Never asked a Dr or anyone But it Was Obvious what was going on When I would see black specks or swirls When I would Blow my Nose I already Knew it was my Liner! Weird But not surprising since your eyes nose & throat are all connected lol

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, I've always wondered what that was when I spit. I convinced myself it was dirt we inhale throughout the day. That's exactly what I thought it was, that and second hand smoke!

I have never heard of that.. I will be checking the next few times I blow my nose..lol

Haha so weird!!! I almost never tightline the lower lashline, but I tighline the upper lashline (between eyelashes) every day because I can't stand that gappy look you get where you have liner and mascara on and it's all black, but you can see skin showing through between lashes.

I've never had this happen to me though!!

That's pretty freaky. I've never tightlined my eyes so it's never happened to me before.

I'm not gonna be worried about it if the doctor says there's nothing to worry about. LOL

I just hope that when I finally get over my fear of tightlining, I don't get an infection or allergic reaction when I do it.

I've had that happen on occasion. The first time, I could pretty much tell what was happening because it was bright purple eyeshadow.

New to forum, not to makeup, but what is tightlining? It sounds like when you use eyeliner between the lashes or between the lashes and the eyeball.

Thanks to whomever will explain it.

Nan
kopfkratz.gif

I see you left this post quite a long time ago, but I came across it and thought I would respond. I have the same thing happen to me, because I wear eyeliner in the waterline. This is pretty gross, but I more often get this feeling behind the very top of my nose and I can feel something there and I have to do this hocking up thing and most of the time I can get it to drop down to my throat and I can spit it out. I have very dry sinuses so I get these accumulations of hardened,formed snot. I'm sure you are getting grossed out , but I am not sqeamish about very many things ! Anyway, the first time that happened and it had black stuff in it, I spit it out in my hand and my Dad happened to be there and I was like, "OH MY GOD DAD LOOK AT THIS ! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ?" He said gross Laura, I don't want to see that !!!!!! HA HA HA HA !!! I AM SO WEIRD....HA HA !!!!!  But hell, we are talking about someone who likes watching zit popping videos on Youtube for fun !!! HA HA HA !!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's pretty freaky...but I'm never going to give up my eyeliner. It's basically a staple for me; I almost feel incomplete without it if I'm going out (although I'll usually skip out on it for every day). This is good to know since I'd totally freak if I saw that.

Haha! That is interesting and weird...weird that the eyeliner comes off in pieces in your eye and doesn't bother you!

I use a nice soft pencil liner and don't get it close to my eye...just too much irritation
scared.gif

Back