We adopted a PUPPY!!! Pic heavy-ish.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a cutie!!! btw, i have the same sheets you have...lol...same color too!

Aww, how cute!
smile.gif

What a cutie pie! congrats!

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aww...so cute! That's how I came to adopt my $6000 Pomeranian who was bred from showdogs. REALLY? What makes the dog worth $6000? It sounds like you got ripped off.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif What a cutie pie! congrats!

REALLY? What makes the dog worth $6000? It sounds like you got ripped off.

She's bred from Champion show dogs and should have been a show dog herself. I didn't get ripped off, though. Someone paid that much for her, lived with her for three months, and decided they didn't want the responsibility. I adopted her for free. She's such a sweetie, though. I don't know how anyone could not want her. <3

Cute puppy, Alex! Just to inform you though, sad to say rat terriers are not AKC accepted breeds, so the chance of it actually being registered is very slim, even if it has papers saying so. You can check akc.org for more info. Many breeders, to get you to buy an expensive dog, will make up papers saying they are registered when they are not to make a sale. Sorry, I'm not trying to argue or sound all uppity, but I'm a dog groomer and have had lots of experience with AKC registered pets and my former boss used to be a champion Standard Poodle breeder.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif She's bred from Champion show dogs and should have been a show dog herself. I didn't get ripped off, though. Someone paid that much for her, lived with her for three months, and decided they didn't want the responsibility. I adopted her for free. She's such a sweetie, though. I don't know how anyone could not want her. <3 Oh okay good! I mean, I know doggies we love are all priceless - but for a dog to be that price -I would assume that the rights for breeding and showing were sold along with it. Most reputable breeders will not sell their showdog pups. They will sell the ones which are not show worthy with limited registration (you cant breed the dog).
I know a lot of shady people who call themselves breeders breed for profit and take advantage of the demand to jack up the prices. But at least now, your dog is living happy with you! Happy endings for everyone.

Thanks everyone!!!

Originally Posted by Jessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif what a cutie!!! btw, i have the same sheets you have...lol...same color too! Yeah, jersey sheets pretty much ROCK. I will never get anything else!

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cute puppy, Alex! Just to inform you though, sad to say rat terriers are not AKC accepted breeds, so the chance of it actually being registered is very slim, even if it has papers saying so. You can check akc.org for more info. Many breeders, to get you to buy an expensive dog, will make up papers saying they are registered when they are not to make a sale. Sorry, I'm not trying to argue or sound all uppity, but I'm a dog groomer and have had lots of experience with AKC registered pets and my former boss used to be a champion Standard Poodle breeder. Well thanks for telling me HAHA! Don't seem that way at all, you know what you are talking about! We are 100% sure that he is pure bred, and he is some kinda registered...guess not AKC LOL!

Well the Rat Terriers are in the AKC Foundation Stock Service and maybe that was why they used the AKC tag - but they arent AKC registered.

Quote:
Each of the following breeds has been accepted for recording in the AKC Foundation Stock Service®. The AKC provides this service to allow these purebred breeds to continue to develop while providing them with the security of a reliable and reputable avenue to maintain their records. FSS® breeds are not eligible for AKC registration. Several of the FSS breeds are approved to compete in AKC Companion Events http://www.akc.org/breeds/fss_breeds.cfm

It says "Eligible Registrants" so that tells me they can be registered. I am just reading what it says on the site HAHA!

Oddly enough, I am watching the AKC/Eukanuba Dog Show right now and the terriers are coming around as I am typing this! LOL!

I don't really mind either way, actually. I am not going to be doing anything with him. Just love him to pieces
smile.gif

Cute!! I love rat terriers! We had several growing up. They're such active, personality filled little dogs. And very loving!

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake /img/forum/go_quote.gif It says "Eligible Registrants" so that tells me they can be registered. I am just reading what it says on the site HAHA! It says that Eligible Registries of the breed lineage can come from the RTCA or any other registry. Pretty much what the AKC FSS does is keep track of the lineage of the dog but its not AKC registered, instead it is registered through the clubs/orgs that they are in but the information can be accessed through AKC.
I really dont know why the AKC just wont let these dogs in though - since it is known they are pure breeds. I know it gets very political when it comes to AKC stuff. For example, The Maltese, Havanese, and Bichon Frise are AKC registered but their cousins - the Coton de Tulear and Bolognese are not. They are all part of the BICHON family, but what makes some AKC eligible and not the other? I dont know. Its really weird. (Bunch of drama with the Jack Russel Terrier/Parson Russel Terrier names and then we have the whole Biewer Yorkshire Terrier thing - and you may wonder htf I know these things, I dont know, Im very nerdy like that.)

Quote:
I don't really mind either way, actually. I am not going to be doing anything with him. Just love him to pieces
smile.gif
That is all they really ask for.
biggrin.gif

Back