We adopted a PUPPY!!! Pic heavy-ish.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh okay good! I mean, I know doggies we love are all priceless - but for a dog to be that price -I would assume that the rights for breeding and showing were sold along with it. Most reputable breeders will not sell their showdog pups. They will sell the ones which are not show worthy with limited registration (you cant breed the dog).
I know a lot of shady people who call themselves breeders breed for profit and take advantage of the demand to jack up the prices. But at least now, your dog is living happy with you! Happy endings for everyone.

She was registered to show and I believe the family that purchased her intended to show her before I adopted her but I just never had the time or the interest. But...like you said, she's absolutely priceless to me and I'm so thankful that I have her. I don't think I could possible love a pet more than I love her.

There are certain guidelines that have to be met for each breed before they can be AKC registered. I will have to look them up as I can't remember them all. I know one is that they have to have been a recognized breed for a certain number of years. Rat terriers have not been around for that long when compared to say, poodles.

I'll try to find more info later.
smile.gif

Back