Were you initially attracted to your significant other?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my ex boyfriend it wasn't instant attraction at all. He wasn't unattractive or anything I just didn't look at him that way at first, we were just friends but then I started to like him.

I can be a bit shy around people I've just met so I wouldn't walk up to a guy I thought was cute and ask him out, I'd probably have to know him first.

OK, I've been married to my husband for 28 years and we got married 3 weeks after we met! I thought he was the cutest guy I had ever seen and I still think so!

Some of yall have such cute stories!

I'm almost never immediately attracted to the guys I date until I talk to them. I'm very picky, personality-wise. lol Looks are bonus! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was very much attracted to my husband when I met him. Funny enough, we met online through the forums for an anime convention. He messaged me because he'd never been to one and wanted to make some friends to hang out with when he got there. Well, our emails turned into chats, then phone calls, then expensive flights every month! I was in Minneapolis and he was in Seattle (I'm originally from the area and visited frequently hoping to move back). Needless to say we really hit it off and have so much in common. He is the embodiment of my dream man. Did I mention he's also a musician? I was in disbelief the first time I saw him in person... even more attractive than his photos due partly to his incredibly dark brown eyes... *melt*. Now I get to wake up to them every morning. :)
dustin_01.jpg

Yes, totally. I couldn't take my eyes off him and thought he was gorgeous.

I was, but not as much as i was when i saw him in real life. We met over the internet so i had only seen pictures of him, and i thought he was super hot. Once i saw him at the airport when he went to meet me and get married to me to Mexico i almost fainted, he was even HOTTER in real life, so yeah, i was always attracted to him, but like Rosie said, i was never only attracted to men just because of their looks, but most of all because of their personality, personality is sexy for me, attitude, humor. My husband is funny, smart, and so sweet and fun, and i totally think he is super hot still lol!

I was going to a Halloween party and wanted to have a date. She agreed to go out with me even though she knew I was going as Elvira! Already she got points! But it wasn't until we got to talking in the car and she was just so smart that I was smitten! The date only got better from there where we just had a blast hoping from party to party!

It's been 19 years and one child later...

Love, Tracy

irnogs your so cute hwo you speak about your s.o

Very handsome man good catch
biggrin.gif

I was VERY attracted to hubs when we first met. He was shy, quiet, and sweet.

He's got the most beautiful dimples (2 sets of dimples, no less), big brown eyes, with long black lashes, and beautiful dark skin.

I kept hitting on him, but he was kinda slow and didn't get it for awhile, lol.

I actually seduced him on our first date. I know, such a slut, lol. And we've been inseparable ever since. We've been together for 6 years, almost 7.

Yes...but he was married and I was in a serious relationship. 10 years later we started dating and now we are married 2 years.We never talked during that time he was married..only after..

My fiancee and I been together 10 yrs this Jan1st he is the most lovable guy I been with If I dont pay enough attention to him he gets grumpy! lol ,he's a Leo

We have had our share of ups and downs but it was mainly my fault . We never fight,yell or scream at each other,never have

10 yrs later and we still have the chemistry we had in the beginning only more
smile.gif

027.jpg

i love reading this thread!!! lol

holy cow irnogs, he is gorgeous!

ricci yours too! you two sound so cute together
smile.gif

Yep! I thought he was handsome, and then the corny jokes he told just sort of sealed the deal. LOL

When I first met my husband I was at the library studying with some friends. They knew him, but I didn't. I thought he was SO funny, and cute and SMART and sweet! He just kept me laughing the whole time! One of my friends was leaving and she had a long walk to her car. He insisted that he walk with her since there had been some bad incidents on campus. I thought that was so thoughtful. I didn't think those kinds of guys existed!!!!

Definitely. It's funny because i was never really attracted to guys with blue eyes in the past, I had always liked darker eyes and hair. But one of the first things that really jumped out at me was my husbands gorgeous bright blue eyes!!! He does have dark hair though, LOL.

I forgot to say we were instantly attracted to each other as soon as we met .. uptown ,, he came right up to me and said hello lol

I met my husband while on vacation with my boyfriend at the time... I wasn't thinking of him in that way at all when we first met.

But I remember him... because his name was Blaze, and I remember thinking that one day maybe I would name my kid Blaze because he was a cool guy with a cool name, hahaha

Absolutely! I met my husband almost 36 years ago when I went bar-hopping with a friend. It so happened that this friend went to school with him! He saw me first and then noticed I was with his ex-classmate. She gave him an excuse to come over and sit down. I was 19 then...

He was so cute, so funny, I couldn't take my eyes off those baby blues of his. And that curly hair! We danced the night away (I remember one of the songs was "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple) and have been together ever since. It was definitely love at first sight and still going strong after all these years!!!

Back