Were you initially attracted to your significant other?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was attracted but it was more of a meh he's cute why not thing, the attraction grew as we built our relationship.

I think that I thought he was cute when I first met him, but I forgot meeting him like 5 times before I finally remembered him. It was a hockey game that finally brought us together! I still think he's handsome and adorable. I lucked out with him! We've been together almost 8 years total now.
smile.gif

No not really. Honestly, I never thought I'd be married to the guy who I was classmates with in computer class lol. It's kinda ironic becuase he always used to tell me that "I'd be his wife one day" But, no I was really physically attracted or nothing like that, I just thought that my guy was cool.

I have to say, with the guy I'm currently seeing... haha, it was his transformers tshirt that sparked our conversation
biggrin.gif

Very much. Especially his eyes. The fact that he played soccer was a bonus...Gah, now that i think about it..the hastiness in which i jumped into the sac with him..i would never had had the balls to that with someone else (especially someone i wanted to date). just couldnt resist.

I'd have to say his looks, his smile, he spoke well and is a gentleman... been together now for almost 5 years!
love5.gif
It's never easy but well worth it!

You know, I am not really sure. Me and my hubby were best friends for 2 years before anything sparked. I guess if I had to say something in particular I would say his sense of humor. He can make me laugh no matter what the situation is.

I was always attracted to him since I ever met him, but I always thought he was way out of my league lol. He was a friend of my ex... one night we all went out to the bar for my birthday... that night we were both staring at each other non-stop. After that we would talk all night every night on the phone... I think we spent a month getting to know each other better and I realized he has the sweetest personality ever. I totally lucked out lol I was in heaven when he asked me to be his girl friend.

Im still crazily attracted to him, feel blessed that I can call him mine. He is so gorgeous and one of the sweetest nicest guys I have ever met
smile.gif

awww, Killah, that's adorable!

I really like all these stories, I'm such a sucker for romance!

I noticed him at college, I was supposed to be meeting a group at the Admin building on campus, looked down the hallway, saw him and IMMEDIATELY knew he wasn't from our school, lol! (he was studying at another university located nearby, but the two schools were getting together for this trip). When I met him and looked into his green eyes, and he shook my hand, well, I was pretty much gone.....SO unbelievably handsome! :) He still is, and he is my best friend in the whole world. ;-)

Like everyone's said... I *love* these stories.

I was instantly into his dark hair and green eyes, and I have a thing for tall men. I also loved his sense of humor... deadpan and sarcastic. (I still remember the first thing he said that made me laugh.)

AND. I'd spent the previous year dating jerks. Seriously. One after another. So what I really liked was that I could instantly tell he's a genuinely nice person, about as non-selfish as anyone can be. I was right.

Also, he likes slender redheads. It's nice to be someone's 'type.'

When i first saw him i thought he was good looking but i paid no attention on getting with him since I was with his friend.... then one day we just talked on the phone and clicked and we've been together ever since *going on 7 years*

I was instantly attracted, I remember the first time I saw him in person the exact thought that went thru my mind was "holy SHIT he's the hottest guy I've ever seen". We have been married 9 and a half years.

Yep, I was. Visually, he had his mustache and goatee, which he doesn't always maintain but I LOVE it when he does! Sexy!

He was (is) intelligent, charming, caring and we're on the same wavelength.
biggrin.gif

As soon as I saw him I thought he was very good looking. Then I got to know him and obviously fell in love.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Even 'til this day I'll just stare at him and think " man he's so hot "...lol

I actually was infatuated with another guy when I first met my fiancee. I thought he was attractive and seemed really nice though and actually proposed trying to hook him up with one of my best friends that lived 2 hrs away. Luckily because of the distance, she wasn't interested and a few months down the line we got together by the oddest means when his brother was hospitalized for being a drunken idiot. We spent the night together in the hospital, and there's been no loooking back- I'm fortunate to have met the incredible man that is perfect for me in so many ways!!
smile.gif

NOPE. When I "met" hubby, it was on the phone. He used to call for my roommate and ask if I was his (roommate's) "little girl" and then talk to me like I was a 5 year old. Eventually my roommate figured out who was doing this and when I first saw DH I thought "THIS punk is the one who's been tormenting me on the phone?" LOL

Eventually I was around him more- he'd show off in front of me and silly stuff like that- and we clicked. Kind of like the typical romance novel-- she hates the guy at the beginning but is truly madly in love. LMAO. Still together and in love after over 15 years and 3 kids.

Back