What About Mineral Eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HG = Holy Grail of make-up.

f/s ? Maybe a typo for e/s? e/s - eye shadow...

Elenor

F/s means full sized product, as opposed to a sample size :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Or at least that's how I usually see it used. In Qwerty's post it kind of looks like she meant e/s, as Elenor said.

Great thread! I own many of the BE shadows,glimmers,glimpses, and liners. Thanks to this thread I ordered samples from other companies. I'm trying to focus on Mattes for a more conservative office look.

Qwerty,

Oh, you got it BAD and I'm going to have to commit you to MMU rehab STAT...and the first step of your program is to mail me 10g each of your 50 eyeshadow colors. HAHAHA!!!

And no, a woman does not need 20 shades of brown...certainly not in the rehab center! :rotfl:

Seriously, I'd be interested to see swatches of some of those shifting shades and iridescent shades, especially from the Fantasy Collection, if you have the time (and if they photograph well). :luv:

Ah, sorry for missing this thread - I meant I tried samples and full sizes (f/s) of course. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, and HG is my Holy Grail...but I have to say I found two other sites that sound like they offer similar shifting shades and varying tones, and which are much less expensive - Sweet Treats and TKB Trading. I'm going to order when the TKB color images work again

Christina, Pot, kettle! :moa:

I assure you you *need* 20 shades of brown, when they are antique olive-gold, peachy brick tan, merlot with blue highlights, etc. My dank digicam isn't working, I'll have to get it fixed to post swatches, but so far I love Robins Egg Gold the most, a pale blue with gold lights, really pretty. I wonder though, if it is similar to TKB's Pisces? Another favorite is Arizona Sandstone, very close to TKB's Blush Beige, I suspect. And oh, Royal Peacock is brilliant, similar to MAC's Parrot, or so I heard. Even pictures of the swatches don't do them justice. The only thing is they are not as easy to apply as MAC pigments.

I have yet to receive anything of the Fantasy collection, I've only got 24 of the 50 shades I ordered so far. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They are having a Sale now on the Aqua and Green Fantasy, $4.75 for 1 oz., I bought the Aqua, and another shade on eBay called Tulip (changing from beige to aqua and lilac) but do check it out if you can't wait for reviews. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bringing this topic back up cuz it's useful. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've only tried EDM eyeshadows. I will say that maybe it's not fair for people to expect these shadows to be intense and flashy... it's called Everyday Minerals, after all, and I think they're purposely going for a more "wearable" look. I use these shadows both dry and wet, and with practice in applying them, I've found that I like them a lot. BUT they don't really have a wide array of choices, and I DO want to experiment with color, LOTS of color. I'm going to do some serious e/s shopping in 2008 from Fyrinnae, The She Space (TwistedFayte), Taylormade, MAD, Pureluxe, and maybe even Medusa's.

I hear a lot of good stuff about BE e/s (I hear that it's much better quality than their foundation), but for how much they charge, I don't really think it's worth it when there is equally good eyeshadow out there for less. I'm staying away from them so as to not risk liking the pigments and having to spend lots of money to fuel my obsession. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd like to try Sweetscents too, but I can't help but hesitate. Their website is nothing short of awful. They don't do anything at ALL to help you get a real sense of their colors... they don't provide a description, swatches, close-ups, NOTHING. Just a really blurry cut-out circle photo of the pigments. I suppose you could look at their picture gallery to see if the color you want is featured there, but it's still not very user-friendly to have to search for it. Are there Sweetscents swatches here on MUT that I could look at?

Bare Escentuals Smoky "V" Eye kit is what I'd recommend for you. It comes with a unique "V" shaped patent-pending brush, bareMinerals Pacific Heights Eyeshadow, bareMinerals 1990's Glimmer, and a detachable tip card with easy how-to instructions. It has everything you need to get started!

I have so many different brands. Some I love, some are ok. For vibrancy I love Manic Panic. Southern Magnolia Minerals are my favorite every day. Goes on light, stays on all day, and no eye irritation if I fall asleep with it on.

I use Affordable Mineral makeup! huge variety & if you use a little water to apply the shadow it shows up brighter & stays on longer!

That is really good to know. I have really bad eye allergies and I am very cautious when switching to new products!

I LOVE SIGNATURE MINERALS E/S. EDM's are ok, and I like most of Taylor Made's. I didn't like the Ocean Mist e/s samples I got. I'm allergic to Lumiere...From reading all of these posts I think I want to try Fryrianne now.

I just bought BE Meet the Blues kit and I must say that these colors ROCK! I don't ever wear blues, but these blues were made to me worn on every eye color and they look great!!! They aren't shiny at all, more of a matte look. My fav mineral eyeshadow so far!

Taylor Made Minerals and the She Space pigments are incredible. Both have really great staying power, too!

in your opinion is it easy to learn how to do a smokey eye if you have no experience doing smokey eyes before the kit?

I love the eye shadows from kms mineral essentials. They are vibrant and definitely last all day.

Okay, all you BE e/s fans out there....what are your favorite most versatile BE colors? I'm looking to expand my collection, but I want to get the most bang for my buck with ones that will work with multiple looks. I'll even categorize if that will help you decide:

Favorite/most versatile brown:

Favorite/most versatile blue:

Favorite/most versatile pink/rose:

Favorite/most versatile plum/violet:

Favorite/most versatile metallic:

Favorite/most versatile peach/orange/yellow:

Favorite/most versatile white/ivory:

Favorite/most versatile green:

Favorite/most versatile dark/liner:

I'm mostly just interested in BE colors, but if non-BE fans want to participate in the discussion I won't quibble. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back