What About Mineral Eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I've tried only Pure Luxe but I like alot of them. I just think I ordered a slightly too light colors becouse the colors seems very slight and kind of disappears when I use them.

But I'm not giving up. I've made a new order from PL and ordered a little darkes shades and some samples from Lily Lolo and EDM.

I've been nervous about trying the mineral eyeshadows, but everyone seems to like them so much. what's the best brand?

i have about a dozen BE shadows and only one Pureluxe. BE is great for me, goes on smooth, good colors, easy to blend and long wearing.

the pureluxe i only have one for a reason, it goes on poorly almost like chalk. its a nice color (Dovey) but it has the texture of childrens play eyeshadow..goes on blotchy and very weak pigmented. i had to apply like 10 coats just to get the color to show, and i am very fair and prime me lids

:laughing:

Signature minerals has actually been the only MM eyeshadow that worked well dry and wet for me. Medusa's, pure luxe, and fyrinnae's were surprisingly hard to blend for me, and sometimes too much water caused them to disappear altogether!

thanks for the reply, I keep hearing great things about mineral makeup, but there are so many brands I don't know what to try.

BE seems to be the favorite... is there a relationship between Bare Essentials and Bare Minerals?

Where can you get signature minerals? I've never heard of it

where can you get signature minerals? I've never heard of it

I've got over 200 mineral eyeshadows so I know I'm a glutton for them.

Out of all of them I would start off with Meow especially this week early on because of their sale. Their shadows are excellent.

Meow Eyes by Meow Cosmetics Mineral Makeup

Makeupjunky has the most excellent colors too! Created by a successful makeup artist who does pageants makeup for Miss Mass. and Miss Teen Mass. Every shadow, blush, and gloss that I've gotten from her are must haves. Can't say that about any other line.
2.JPG
Pizazz
4.JPG
Orange Cream
4.JPG
Drama
0.JPG
Skin
0.JPG
Buff

And I have 2 glosses. She makes them to order for client too. This week her shadows are on sale for $5.00 each. Definitely a steal cause they'll last forever.http://www.makeup-junky.com/category...gory_id=264091

Pur Luxe

Lumiere Lumiere Cosmetics - Mineral Makeup: Eyes

and quite honestly BE too if you want to buy them in person.

Also this new company doesn't have too many but how could you pass up a deal like this when searching? 50 for 10 bucks. My Mineral Bath and Body

"is there a relationship between Bare Essentials and Bare Minerals"

this has me puzzled too lol

i order all BE from either sephora or QVC

on the label it says either I.D bare minerals or I.D bare escentuals

i dont know why they use 2 different names...but they are the same product

Hey guys. I find that if you use PureLuxe you must must must apply them wet otherwise they seem kinda weak and washed out. I had applied them dry for a month and liked them but didn't love them. As soon as i applied them wet that all changed! They are so dramatic looking! If you still want a sedate look and are using them wet you can mix the eyeshadows are only use the tiniest bit when applying. I still think that taylor made minerals has the best eyeshadows however. There are bright and gorgeous even when dry!

thank you your so sweet :luv:

oh i didnt know pureluxe was meant to be applied wet :doh: well know wonder :laughs:

ooo i cant wait to try it, its like i have a new makeup :yesss:

Alima has amazing colors! my favorite is the Silk one. its soo beautiful..on the website it doesnt look all that good...but when i actually applied it ..OMGSH im in love! it's a silvery pearly shiny-but not glittery color! i dunno how to explain..but it really P0PPED on my A.A. GGG n DDD skin

I have never bought a shadow and now I have got to try some of the ones you all suggested. You guys are great.

So far I have BE, Pure Luxe, Fyrinnae and Taylor Made eye shadows, with some Lumiere on the way this week. I love all the colors that are available and I'm trying not to order basically the same color in every line, but boy it's hard not to!

I just ordered 10 eyeshadows from Taylormade. Placed my order today and the price is excellent, colors on the site look great too.

Not going to order anymore for awhile cause I want to try and make some.

I also have a ton from BE you all know they last forever. I have a lot from Pur Lux and Lumiere too. I really love the darker shades of Lumiere.

I've sampled and bought f/s from a few mineral sites now, and I have to declare Sweetscents to be my HG! I'm a true convert, there's no looking back! I'm in eyeshadow heaven each time their package arrives, and I've spent on them much more than on any other makeup, including my beloved MAC. The color payoff is incredible, the best I've seen so far of all the commercial and mineral brands, and their shadows are so complex - you seldom get a straight blue/green/metallic (but changing, shifting tones and shimmers), unless they are matte, and even the mattes are very color-intensive. I'm throwing out the pressed shadows I have, even the high-end designer ones, because they just look so anemic and flat now. My main complaint is that you can't tell the true depth and characteristics of their shadows from the website - they haven't captured that at all, and I have to depend on swatches and FOtDs posted to make up my mind...so far, not a single disappointment. It seems they will not make changes to make the website more "modern", unfortunately. Moreover, they offer the lowest of prices for huge quantities - $4.75 to $9.50 for an ounce (29g), and 6-pack 10g jars filled to the brim for $15.50. I've splurged quite a bit and am well on my way to collecting 50 of their colors (why would anyone need 20 shades of browns, right??) within a couple of weeks, I've fallen so hard! Each shade is so unique, and I can't stop staring at the swatches and at my own made-up eyes, I'm completely mesmerized by the shades. If this doesn't stop, my Mom is going to sign me up for therapy! :laughing:

Back