What About Mineral Eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mineral eyeshadows were my first foray into MMU. I developed an allergy to regular eyeshadows (we think its the talc, but it could be something else - not sure) anyway, mineral shadows are the ONLY shadows I can waer. I started with BE, but am now wearing La Bella Donna mineral eyeshadows which are pressed and I LOVE that they are pressed - I hate the loose shadows.

I just got my samples from Pure Luxe today and they are fabulous! First of all I just ordered a few days ago and i already have them! Very good! So, the sample jars are the same as EDM. For the samples the jars are about half full but not quite. However, for just a dollar it is a pretty good deal. The colors I got were vanilla, which is a nice brow highlighter. Risque, a dark brick and gold color which looks great on my skin. Utopia, this is a dark purple that I don't reccommend to those with darker skin as it doesn't show up very well even though it is sparkly. Indigo, a sparkly navy color that is decent for everyday usage. Enlighten, my all time favorite color! It is a light sparlkly gold that just shimmers and shines but not is not overpowering. Rose gold, is a nice light pink color with a gold undertone, might not be perfect for lighter skin colors though. And lastly Verdigris, is a green with gold undertones that is pretty strong green but not forest green. If you couldn't tell i have golden warm undertones and chose my colors appropiately :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope this helps anyone out there looking for e/s colors. Try Pure Luxe I think you'll be happily surprised!

You may want to try a flesh colored eye shadow as a base first. I sometimes get this if I use too much moisturizer on my eyes. The shadow seems to absorb this. You could also do a light dusting of setting powder before to do the same. I have also heard that using a setting powder on eyelashes before mascara builds them up. Good luck!

Here are some mineral e/s looks on me.

First: Monave liner pencil in BROWN ESPRESSO Monave SEMI-MATTE WHITE on brow and inner corner. Lumiere RESTED all over. Littlestuff4u pure minerals COCOA in crease. Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous mascara.

Second: Littlestuff4u pure minerals BEIGE PEARL (all over below crease) MUDDY WATER (crease) and BLACKBERRY (wet lined) Monave SEMI-MATTE WHITE on brow and inner corner. Monave white liner pencil bottom inner lid.

Third: Littlestuff4u pure minerals SOFT SUEDE (all over) BLACKSTAR BLUE (wet lined) Monave SEMI-MATTE WHITE brow and inner corner BE DOWNTOWN (crease)

Soft Suede saved me when BE foundation made my eyelids red and flakey. Stopped using BE anywhere near my eyes and then used this as my base until I found another MMU.

There are so many finishes. There are pearl ones that really look like a soft pearl sheen. There are glimmery ones that definitely sparkle, matte, semi-matte- so many looks and rarely have they ever been chalky for me- I can think of one or two and they were extremely light and matte. I have hundreds and use nothing but mineral ones now. I love them!! Fyrianne is killing me with their colors... definitely feel an order coming on with them.

I just recieved the most beautiful eyeshadow its Lily lolo golden lilac- that color is even more gorgeous in person than it is on the website. I applied it wet and depending how the light hit it , it looked either gold or lilac. Im thinking of ordering another so ill have a backup if they discontinue it.LOL.. Its just too beautiful I cant imagine being without it.Im definately going to try golden pink next.

Fyrinnae- my new love! I got my (many) samples a few days ago and can't stop playing with them. The colors are wild and beautiful! These samples are huge, too; should last a long time.

I've lined my eyes with the shadows, and they are still on when I wake up in the morning. Not a good habit, but this says a lot for the eyeshadow's staying power! :laughing:

Oh yeah- I also got the ES kit from EM. These are nice colors too, but not as extreme as Fyrinnae. Their 'Oasis' may end up being my everyday shiny ES. A pretty neutral.

I really love Milan and Lumiere's eyeshadows.

Milan because they have many mattes that are by no means dull and the pigments are rich. They also have many pearl finishes that aren't glittery or overly shimmery. Milan's shadows give a classic look which I prefer.

I also like Lumiere's mattes and pearls and have ordered lots of them but have also given away many of the pearls due to too much shimmer for my tastes. They do have many beautiful colors though.

That is the question- seems like each MMU has it's own must haves that keeps us all shopping.

What do you use to wet it? Just water? BE's liner sealants and MAC mixing medium are the best in making eyeliners out of the minerals. They really seal the color in and do not budge at all.

I think the best min. e/s (in terms of color pay-off and outrageous color selection) has got to be Fyrinnae.

I looove pure luxe eyeshadows, they are awesome, very intensive colors and I do find they last all day for me. I have a ton of different colors - too many to list here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also like Aromaleigh's

I also like to vary by applying them sometimes wet or dry - love the different effects you get.

It really is, I cant quit raving about that color!! LOL, I want to try golden pink next. Lily lolo has some really beautiful shades.

I ordered the gelle drops per Gvieve's rec about Milan Minerals and am anxiously awaiting them. I was impressed at how vibrant they seem to keep the minerals. I love to line my eyes with a vibrant color and then kind of keep the rest neutral so I think these are going to be perfect. I bought two since they have a $10 min. and one was $6 something.

Back