What About Mineral Eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlo Minerals also has mineral powders for the eyes. Like the foundations and setting powders, these can be purchased in a $2.00 sample size that will last you quite a while. And don't forget, it's all natural, vegan-approved! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mineral eyeshadows are my total addiction. I started with BE and pretty much ordered every kit they made since I started- I probably have at least 100 or more. Then my SIL found littlestuff4u that had minis in BE colors. They are sizeable--- you'd be hard pressed to run out of a liner shadow even in the mini size. I love the size because I can arrange more of them in my makeup case for more options. Once I started with the BE minis there, I started trying her minerals... liked them even better than BE! A whole slew of colors and she has different sheens like BE. She has called the shinier ones "shimmerals" and some are sparkley and some are just soft pearl sheen. And you can get 3-4 minis for the price of one BE full-sized ES. If you don't like too much glitter she has a lot of options- many of the "shimmerals" are less glittery than a BE glimmer. There are two that are color change without doing anything special--- "Cat's Eye" and "Dragonfire"- they are soft brown but turn green when the light hits. I notice on my eyes the green seems to come out right above my iris which makes the green in my eyes pop and I don't have to do anything but apply one color!

Fyrinnae? I haven't really checked them out, must go do so now!

I like Signature Minerals and Mad Minerals eyeshadows, but BE's eyeshadows are really nice too. *nods*

I have an order on the way from Littlestuff4u. I ordered both BE and Sandra's e/s. The closest Sephora for me is 2 hours away. Sephora has been out of BE e/s that I wanted to try. If I order a small jar and the color isn't quite what I thought it would be, I'm out only $4.00. With three daughters, what doesn't work for me, I give it to one of my girls. It sure beats spending $12/13 for a larger pot and not knowing if I'll like the color. I was always a matte person, but beginning to like the shimmery colors. Even the small pots will last me like forever.

I love mad minerals eyeshadows. They last well, and the colors are fabulous! And the samples are $2.50 and 1/4 of a tsp which lasts me months! Signature is also amazing!

I have BE shadows and some samples of others. Also have some AMM (Affordable Mineral Makeup) shadows.

I got hooked on littlestuff4u because of the minis in BE- $4 is tolerable if it isn't THE color you want, but like I said before, I like her colors better now. She only uses Bis. O. in the "whispers." Shimmerals with "pearl" or "satin" in the names tend to be less glittery but are beautiful. With a $25 order you get a free mini of her colors and she usually throws in a baggie sample of something too- which usually makes you order that one too. Sandra is so nice to deal with too. She likes suggestions and works to make products that we request. It's like dealing with a friend. She also has some Monave and skincare.

I just ordered some eye shadow samples from Fyrinnae today. I have been having trouble with my eye make-up irritating my eyes. Hopefully these will come through for me.

Yes, I am very excited about them. Color is my thing, and their selection doesn't dissapoint!

I love mineral eyeshadows -- have only purchassed BE but they are fantastic. Unfortunatley the foundation of BE and EDM caused me to break out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered Elven Dagger, Ice Storm, Magenta Gauntlets, Careless Memory, Feeling Dizzy, Nijiiro, Sennyo and Dragon Tears. I tried to get an array of colors.

Bare Escentuals shadows are great. Since they're loose, I can get them in the bristles and really work them into my skin so they're very deeply pigmented. They're harder to store though, so you can't beat traditional eyeshadow for convenience.

I have lots of shadows from BE and about 10 from Oceanmist. I'm very pleased with all of them. But I do look forward to ordering a ton of shadows from Lumiere and Pur Luxe. But Lumiere's first on my list. 3.50 for a full size and 10 for 25.00 and that includes s/h. Great deal!

i use pure luxe, taylormade and fryinnae.

i will mix the colors sometimes.

here are some results (i'm new to this, so comments would be gd)

19eye.jpg

fryinnae colors & pure luxe

18_eye.jpg

fryinnae colors with TM

fryinnae2.jpg

pure luxe & fryinnae

I have about 5 or 6 shades from the Ulta mineral line... they are very shimmery but I am liking the effect so far. With UDPP (another recent purchase) they stay on perfectly all day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back