What About Mineral Eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried any, although some of the colors looked interesting. Most of the shades I've seen were waaaay too sparkley for my sedate tastes, and I'm not sure about loose powder eyeshadows. They seem like they'd be really easy to spill.

Loose mineral e/s needs getting used to. I apply my makeup at my sink so any spills will be easily cleaned up. I have oily lids and I find that loose e/s last longer on my eyes than pressed.

i love mmu e/s but i spill a lot and have trouble with it dusting under my eyes...any suggestions?

There are two things you can do to help with the droppage:

1) Put your eyeshadows on before your foundation and,

2) Take a loose powder (like mineral veil or similar) and apply it in a smilie shape under your eyes. There's a picture example of it in this tutorial.

Hope this helps!

BE glimmers are the best. Close seconds would be Pure Luxe (super beautiful shades, I like the chocolate fruits (chocolate cherries, chocolate blueberries, chocolate grapes and choco oranges) the best. Taylormade minerals are also beautiful, I prefer to use them foiled or wet.

What I like about mineral e/s are that they also double as liners. I use my MAC mixing medium to create a paste on the jar lids. My faves as liners are BE shadow liners in Black Ruby and Coffee Bean.

I luv minerals shadows. I've sampled Pure Luxe & Milan Minerals. The color choices are endless for a very few $$. I choose mattes or those with less glitter and they last all day.

Sorry, me again! I'm just wondering....why is mineral make-up so popular all of a sudden if it has nothing to do with whether it is safe or not. Why not just use Dior or Mac, that have all great colors and formulas? I'm a make-up artist and have been for over 15 years, and I'm trying to figure out why everyone loves mineral make-up all of a sudden. I've been trying some, but honestly have not found ANY that I like better than good old fashioned liquid or powder foundation. The only reason I started looking at them was because I thought they were less toxic than other products....

Thanks for letting me voice my opinions and questions. I appreciate everyone's knowledge and experience.

I use BE and Signature Minerals eye shadows. I really like the price and the color options of signature's line the best.

I like BE e/s... I know Aromaleigh and Fryinnae are big ones too, but I've never tried them.

Many people experience less breakouts and oiliness of their skin, as well as a general improvement of skin, as well as a better match on color , without having to mix liquids - which can be rather difficult to find the correct match when you're not experienced with makeup.

Personally speaking, i've never tried MMU, but i wish to do so, because i live on a EXTREMELY hot place. To make the explanation shorter, basically i live in the middle of AMAZON rainforest , and i sweat like crazy. So i'm not able to wear regular foundation all the time, because it budges, clogs my pores and get oily in no time. Mineral makeup seems to me the solution of my problems, because from what i see, rarely people get clogged pores with it and they say that it stays put even in the summer.

And for you i imagine that liquid and cream must work wonderfully. You're a lucky gal :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have tried Fyrinnae and EDM. I didn't really care for the EDM e/s as much as Fyrinnae. EDM e/s wasn't as pigmented and it didn't last very long. The colors in my opinion were kinda bland. I really really liked Fyrinnae. They are great wet and dry! They give very generous samples too!

I just ordered samples from Aromaleigh. I can't wait to try them! If anyone has ordered samples from them before, how long does it usually take to come in?

fyrinnae has some great shades, im interested in trying their blush. it looks nicely pearly

I got a sample from Ocean Mist & from PureLuxe & I have a few pots of BE. I love that it's got the shimmer, but it's not glitter. They really just catch the light beautifully. The BE ones seem to be more "mild", like less pigment than the PureLuxe or Ocean Mist.

Signature Minerals has tons of eye shadows. They have matte, pearl, shimmer and metallic. They stay on real well and don't crease - and they just reduced the price (permanently)! Only 6.00 for full 10g jar (and they are really full to the max).

eye color page

LePa - Are we related? :add_wegbrech: We like so many of the same things! Maybe we're triplets separated at birth - you, me and hard 8123 - She also loves so many of the same things. I have to sometimes do a doubletake and check what you guys wrote to see if it wasn't my post!

I also ordered some of the Signature eyeshadows and absolutely love them. I just ordered another custom set of them - six for only $25.00 - AND you get to pick your six colors! I can't wait to try the "eggplant" with the "light eggplant" and maybe a touch of pink in between or on the browbone. Oh, I can't wait. :rotfl:

Also, I usually order my mineral eyeshadows in matte - never the glitter. First of all, my eyes are like magnets - anything with dust or particles within seconds makes it's way into my eyes. The "wildest" I'll go is ordering them in "pearl."

Also, a quick trick to getting the eyeshadows to last all day, is I apply liquid foundation on my eyelids (I like Estee' Lauder) and let it set for a second, then I use my sponge applicator (get them at Duane Reade for about $3.00 for 20), never a brush and apply the minerals to my lids. This works for all of my eyeshadow, not just the loose minerals. This always worked better for me than any eyemakeup base. When I use the brushes it almost always "flicks" the color where I don't want it.:keule:

But I love Signature's and EDM's makeup overall. :1f:

CooCoo

Back