What About Mineral Eyeshadow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well so far I only have Monave Multiple Purpose pigments and they were samples so I dont know the names, the crease is a copper color and the lid looked like a copper color but when I out it on it turned coppered silver, I used a damp brush. Oh I dont have mascara on and I lined under my eye aswell so thats why its all over the place lol

eye.jpg

My Favorite mineral shadows are from TwistedFayte, You really can't beat the choices and service there.

I also love Pure Luxe, they have amazing colors and staying power.

Both companies have matte and shimmers.

For those of you that have tried the samples from Pure Luxe, how much is in a smaple jar? And also are the jars like the sample jars from EDM?

You get around 1/8tsp, but it's usually up to 1/4tsp. It's actually quite a lot as you only need a small amount. I have samples that I've used for a few months and they're only going down slowly. I've never ordered from EDM so I can't help you there.

Ive got mineral shadows from Fyrinnae and Oceanmist and signature and Ive got some samples coming from Monave and Ive also ordered a full size raspberry margarita and honey brown from Lumiere and a fullsize golden lilac from Lily Lolo , I cant wait to get that one it looks really pretty on the site.

I've got hundreds of e/s. Started with BE and then found littlestuff4u pure skin minerals because they sold mini's of BE colors for a lot less. Once there I started buying up so many of her line of them and they are gorgeous. Got samples from Lumiere and of course ended up with 10 e/s too. Sent one to my SIL because knew it would look fab on her eyes and she remarked how well they stay put even compared to BE. Also have the Monave semi-matte white (excellent brow highlighter) and a couple of their eye liner pencils (for when I am too lazy to use the powers.) I am sure I will be buying from all of them because e/s is my addiction.

Thanks so much for your help Sirvinya! I think I'll be ordering from them soon so I'll know for sure!

Glad I could help! Don't forget to let us know what you buy and how you like it!

I just tried a sample of Valerie Beauty Shroom..really nice so I ordered a full size. Also liked Monave matte es, has real staying power

I am adding an Oceanmist rec to the replies. The colors are great and last all day! They have a great ten travel size eyeshadows in 5g jars for 22$. THe jars are jammed with product too! Worth every penny!

Bare Escentuals glimmers and glimpses are awesome! You should try them! Though i find some of the shades VERY similar to each other.

I would HIGHLY recommend e/s by Taylor Made Minerals and Pure Luxe! I just received e/s today that I ordered from Taylor Made Minerals, Pure Luxe, and Lumiere (e/s is my addition too!). I was REALLY impressed with Taylor Made and Pure Luxe (Lumiere is nice too, but the colors of Taylor Made and Pure Luxe are just awesome!). I ordered a kit from Taylor Made Minerals of 20 5 gram jars in a metal case and everything was VERY nice! Taylor is very generous with how much product she puts into the 5 gram jars and her customer service is excellent. In addition, Taylor is coming out with 50 new colors in the next few months! I was also impressed with Pure Luxe, even though their product size was considerably smaller than Taylor Made. Pure Luxe has an AWESOME variety of colors and they are all totally beautiful! I can't want to try them all out! I will probably post pictures of everything tomorrow on the "Hauling A$$" board! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love them both! those 2 are the only brands I've tried, but I'm curious to look into others too.

Hey everyone, I just got some e/s samples from Taylor Made minerals and I have to say that these e/s are GREAT! I bought the shades, Moot, Onyx, Galena, Azul, penny, and plumes. My favorite is moot. It is the most gorgeous color of green I've seen so far! Galena is also so beautiful but really I am really pleased with these samples and all of the ones I purchased have such a vibrant color especially when wet. I am still waiting on the Pure luxe e/s and will let everyone know how they are :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would rec shadows for value, color intensity, and quality from:

Lumiere

Milan minerals

Pur Luxe

Fyrannae

Taylormade

You can't go wrong with any of these and the colors are so intense that a little goes a long way.

I'm having a big problme with mineral ES. About half way thru the day my eye liner (multi purpose mins applied wet) starts to make a raccoon circle on my upper lid from blinking etc. Does anyone have that problem? I tried using fdn first and I think that made it worse. I tried a eye base but the one I tried (Fyrianne silken es base) bothered my eyes.

:iagree:

My order from Colorful Sprinkles arrived yesterday. I ordered Bubbly and Pebble. I thought they would be similar and they pretty much are except Bubbly has a little more pink in it. But, I'm two hours away from Sephora and over 4 hours away from a BE Boutique so it's a gamble. I only want a couple more colors from BE. After that, I want to spend my money at the smaller MMU companies.

Back