What do you HATE about certain brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate their fake advertisements like "the wonder cream,magic this magic that, flawless skin...etc..." then when you buy it, its sucks and it doesnt do what it claims it suppose to do.

iagree.gif
Exaggerated advertising sucks!! Or how pretty much every mascara ad, print or film, is with either false lashes or lots of photo manipulation!

Ditto everyone about LE MAC. I was really broke when Barbie came out and now wish some of the colours were out all the time...I can afford it noooow *sulks*.

xoxo

What I hate for about 90% of the brands out there is the PRICE!! I don't think makeup should cost over $5! But that's just me.

I hate cliniques new packaging.. its like a mirror and it bothers me that when i touch it it gets smudgy and scratched.

I hate Loreal mascara.....i had to scrub my skintone off my freaking face just to get it all off. Even the next day i had dark mark under my eyes from trying to clean it off.

I dont like Dior stuff, the scented thing isnt good on my face.

I cant stand MAC Chrome Yellow....it just doesnt work for me....im working on making out relationship better. It just didnt meet my expectations

Maybelline for creating something as useless as Great Lash and actually reaching cult status because of it.

Lancome for making waves over some sticky goop called Juicy Tubes.

Stila for their (once) paper packaging. Very tacky.

On a similar note, Clinique has their stuffs in icky green packagings which look kind of, uh, clinical.

Dior for a serious lack of freshness in their ideas. Plastic gloss? Ultra gloss? Addict gloss? Who could tell? And do I want my lipgloss hanging off my neck?

And almost all brands for producing "limited-edition" items which are really not that special anyway.

(and you're wondering why I'm on this forum...hahaha...)

Any brand that has no cool colors.

Estee Lauder is expensive and you would expect them to have better pigmentation but they don't, and they don't last even with a primer.

Chanel Nail Polish - The fact that you have to take off the first lid to beable to get to the second and THEN you can paint.

Anything compact espesh e/s because the powder makes the inside compact dirty, and like anyone can be bothered keeping the plastic on.

YSL Variation Blush - The plastic that keeps the blush brush from touching the colour is annoying but the thing is, this does not come with a blush brush.. It comes with a furry sponge! It makes applying so hard so i carry a brush with me. Packaging is nice though.

Clinique - Reminds me of medical stuff for some odd reason.

Mac brushes - The letters printed on come off too easily. Not that you need the MAC name on it bc it's the brush that matters.. but still!

If you look at it this way...

Chanel, good for perfume, bags, no good for make-up.

Irrelevant but true -

Sony - Good for sound

Microsoft - Good for software

It's like when Jessica Simpson attempts to create and sell her make-up line or wtva, its's just not meant to be. Haha. Sorry if i'm not making any sense bc im rushing this post before i leave for Vietnamese New Year festival. :S

I hate it when a brand has numbers instead of names for their shades. It's so much more fun to have a blush with a name like "Exhibit A" than something named "P Purple 05B" ( I know Shu Uemura's numbers actually correspond to something, but still!) =)

And the rubber coating on NARS blushes suck. They seem like a good idea at first, but after sometime, they gather shimmer, dirt, and get all sticky & weird, like they're melting or something.

Maybelline nail polish, the fact the brush goes down 2/3 down the bottle and you can't get the last 1/3 of product out easily.

I hate that Mac just gotta be so damn expensive. I mean, I can afford it, but if it was cheaper, I could get even more. LOL!

all l`oreal eye shadows make my eyes water and even swell...

i do have very sensetive eyes and L`oreal is a big no no for me...

off topic,but can you tell me which eyeshadows are the least alergenic?

Originally Posted by Laura /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll start although mine are about packaging rather than products!
MAC: IMO the black palettes look so ugly compared to Stila's silver!

NARS: The rubber packaging gets grubby real easy

Continue girls!

I really don't like the packaging for my Maybelline SuperStay Silky. I don't ever use the white part so I have to pump the foundation out and sometimes I have to remove the cap and dip my finger in it.
sleepyhead.gif

I hate when big names use cheap packaging. Estee Lauder is good for that. Dior too

Back