What do you like as an eyeshadow base?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I just found out about a paper thin layer of vaseline as a base. Now I'm torn between using mixing medium vs thin layer of vaseline. I don't own udpp so I cant compare the color payoff that way. What do you guys prefer?

UDPP / vaseline / mixing medium / alone ?

I just swatched my wrist and the vaseline is coming in really really close to mixing medium (still 2nd though)

opinions? swatches?

Im gonna hunt down my camera and see if i can show you guys

Reaction score
Mary Kay eye primer or one of the revlon Illuminance cream shadows that corresponds with whatever colors i'm using

Reaction score
grr i still need to get udpp but i use mac paint pots in painterly. It works really well.

Reaction score
Hi,

I love using either Urban Decay's Primer Potion or L'Oreal's De-Crease (my eyelids are very oily). I know that others love using MAC Paints too.

Reaction score
im loving mac paints and always udpp. I just like the paints because it gives the color a pop.

Reaction score
I really like UDPP, Artdeco and Manhattan e/s base and sometimes i use Gosh shadestick or MAC paint aswell.

Reaction score
I use udpp. I've tried vaseline before and I don't like it. I haven't tried many other e/s bases other than using bare canvas a couple times. I really love udpp though.

Reaction score
Nothing...and I mean NOTHING beats UDPP! I have super oily lids and this stuff keeps any shadow on me for the entire day. No small feat for an eyeshadow base to accomplish.

Reaction score
UD PP is fabulous! I would never have known about it if it wasnt for posts here raving about it, and it really lived up to the hype
I even tried using it on one eye and not on the other and the difference in the lasting power amazed me.

Reaction score
At the moment I use MAC Paint in Bare Canvas, but I am seriously considering purchasing Urban Decay's Primer Potion after reading all the positive reviews.

xxx

Latest posts