What do you use so your hair doesn't friz in the rain/humidity

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave in conditioner. It does EXACTLY what it says for ALOT less than the other expensive brands mentioned above! good luck!

I just let my hair be curly & I use Garnier Fructis curl shaping spray gel, but keep in mind my hair is fine in texture, and not very thick. I always used to use gel, but realized I could never apply it light enough, no matter how much I tried. With the spray gel, I get great curls that resist frizzing, and all I have to do is let my hair airdry.

Originally Posted by christinexo http://www.jasonshankey.co.uk/dsp_Pr...-Anywhere.html
Portable battery powered hair straightener. Product Features Portable ceramic hair straightener

Battery powered and ready for use anywhere

Compact design fits easily in your handbag

Integral case safely stores and becomes handle when in use Ceramic plates heat up for use in minutes

Ceramic plates lock in moisture and natural oils enhancing shine

Lightweight, ergonomic design for flexibility and ease of use

Includes mains powered battery charger

Keywords: Hair Products, Hair care, skin care.

Very cool. Thanks for the link!
inlove.gif

I have straight, baby fine, color treated, fly away/frizz prone hair. I live in South Florida with year round high humidity and tropical rains in the summer. I've searched for years and have literally tried dozens and dozens of drug store and salon anti-frizz products. I've spent a small fortune in search of one that actually works without weighing down my hair and making it look greasy.

The only product that actually controls the frizz on my baby fine hair in the South Florida humidity without greasiness is Redken Satinwear.

http://www.redken.com/products/index...=2&b=268&p=647

A 5 ounce bottle from the salon is about $18 to $22. However, you can find the 16.9 ounce bottles on Ebay for about the same price. I swear by Satinwear and wouldn't go a day without it. I use a nickel-sized amount in my slightly longer than shoulder length hair.

In additional to frizz control, it has a very light clean scent and gives your hair a silky finish.

satinwear5pa.jpg

Quote:
Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion Transform hair to silky luxury. Protective heat-styling lotion helps reduce friction and breakage for a faster, easier, stress-free blow-dry. Through Redken’s exclusive Bonding System*, ceramide and xylose sugar, hair is restored, conditioned and protected from heat styling stress while UV filters help prevent haircolor from fading. With just one blow-dry, hair is transformed immediately to controlled shiny smoothness with a touchable, seductive finish.

Originally Posted by FLdaydreamer I have straight, baby fine, color treated, fly away/frizz prone hair. I live in South Florida with year round high humidity and tropical rains in the summer. I've searched for years and have literally tried dozens and dozens of drug store and salon anti-frizz products. I've spent a small fortune in search of one that actually works without weighing down my hair and making it look greasy.
The only product that actually controls the frizz on my baby fine hair in the South Florida humidity without greasiness is Redken Satinwear.

Your hair sounds very similar to mine. I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for the tip!
g.gif

Aussie makes a humidity resistant hairspray. It's in a purple bottle and says its humidity resistant on the bottle.

It smells nice and it keeps the hair in place all day.

Works here in Texas in the heat and humidity.

My hair is quite thick, curly, frizzy and altogether difficult, but I find using Frizz-Ease sparingly (my hair is really long so I use 2-3 pumps) really helps, and for touch-ups when my hair is a mess the day after I wash, Infusium leave-in conditioner is nice.

i use palm oil on my hair, i doesnt stop frizziness 100% but i would say that it lasts longest and it repairs ur hair too, but be carefull not to use too much or ull end up with greasy hair! )))

Originally Posted by FLdaydreamer I have straight, baby fine, color treated, fly away/frizz prone hair. I live in South Florida with year round high humidity and tropical rains in the summer. I've searched for years and have literally tried dozens and dozens of drug store and salon anti-frizz products. I've spent a small fortune in search of one that actually works without weighing down my hair and making it look greasy.

A 5 ounce bottle from the salon is about $18 to $22. However, you can find the 16.9 ounce bottles on Ebay for about the same price. I swear by Satinwear and wouldn't go a day without it. I use a nickel-sized amount in my slightly longer than shoulder length hair.

In additional to frizz control, it has a very light clean scent and gives your hair a silky finish.

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/3...tinwear5pa.jpg

This caught my attention, as I'd imagine it probably did anyone who read it due to your description of your hair type (which I really appreciate, b/c I too, have a fine texture, so the product that works for someone with thick, coarse curls won't work for my fine curls), but also b/c of the climate you described living in. I've been to Key West, so I can imagine how the weather affects hair "and" mu.
frown.gif

Anyway, I digress a bit here, but a former friend of mine who has hair down to her butt, a LOT of it & it's fine-textured, naturally straight strands, would get the WORST, ungodly tangles in her hair & discovered a Redken product when she was at the salon called Redken Quick Treat. She said the comb just went through her hair instantly and easily, & she had never experienced that. So mark up 2 successful products for Redken.
smile.gif

For anyone interested: I saw the 16.9 oz size on bizrate.com for $22 & on stuff4beauty.com for $12.99 in the 5 oz size.

Selene,

Thank you for the tip about Redken Quick Treat. Next trip to the salon, I'll see if my stylist has a sample.
smile.gif

My hair used to be stick straight until I hit 22 and then it started curling in the rain and humidity. I am 29 now and got my hair layered so the curls would be more defined and I have bought several different gels and mousses to find one that is not crunchy and has hold....there are none so far. I have found that I absolutely LOVE Pantene Pro-v Hydrating Curls Shampoo and then afterwards I use Pantene Pro-v Soft start curl defining comb-in treatment. It is a leave in conditioner and I comb it through my hair with my fingers and then I scrunch my hair and use a diffuser to dry it. My hair does not frizz and the curls are natural looking and not frizzy... I also love any product by John Frieda

Originally Posted by selene This caught my attention, as I'd imagine it probably did anyone who read it due to your description of your hair type (which I really appreciate, b/c I too, have a fine texture, so the product that works for someone with thick, coarse curls won't work for my fine curls), but also b/c of the climate you described living in. I've been to Key West, so I can imagine how the weather affects hair "and" mu.
frown.gif

Anyway, I digress a bit here, but a former friend of mine who has hair down to her butt, a LOT of it & it's fine-textured, naturally straight strands, would get the WORST, ungodly tangles in her hair & discovered a Redken product when she was at the salon called Redken Quick Treat. She said the comb just went through her hair instantly and easily, & she had never experienced that. So mark up 2 successful products for Redken.
smile.gif

For anyone interested: I saw the 16.9 oz size on bizrate.com for $22 & on stuff4beauty.com for $12.99 in the 5 oz size.

I bought the Satinwear lotion after reading her post too! lol I have pretty much every product under the sun, but never really had anything Redken.... it's not bad, but I still got some frizz & 'swelling' on a rainy/humid day -- it did work nicely though as far as a blow-dry lotion... so maybe I'll have to check out the Quick Treat.
wink.gif

I've been using Herbal Essences Humidity Defying Gel. I hate frizz, but I really hate crunchy hair. I have naturally curly, wavy, frizzy hair and the H.E. gel really seems to work well, but doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy. I also use a touch of Redken Glass after I puti n the gel. I live in Houston, so I am always fighting the humidity. The other plus is that the gel is really inexpensive and smells great.

Back