What do you use to apply liquid foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i mostly use a brush, but i also use my fingers and a sponge. the 109 brush seems to work well for me. haven't tried the 187 but wanna give it a shot.

Originally Posted by MissBGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had no idea Ulta had a skunk brush. Is it pretty good?? Yep! I love it. I used it to apply the foundation in my profile picture. I get a really nice, smooth application with it. It is a really good brush, and I highly recommend it. I can't compare it to a MAC 187 since I don't have one, but I can say that I love the coverage and finish it gives. I actually have no desire to shell out money for the 187 now.

MAc 109

Mac 190

Mac 187

Essential Beauty big blusher brush..

it all depends on the look i'm trying to achieve..

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yep! I love it. I used it to apply the foundation in my profile picture. I get a really nice, smooth application with it. It is a really good brush, and I highly recommend it. I can't compare it to a MAC 187 since I don't have one, but I can say that I love the coverage and finish it gives. I actually have no desire to shell out money for the 187 now. Yr a rockstar! Thanks for this
smile.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yep! I love it. I used it to apply the foundation in my profile picture. I get a really nice, smooth application with it. It is a really good brush, and I highly recommend it. I can't compare it to a MAC 187 since I don't have one, but I can say that I love the coverage and finish it gives. I actually have no desire to shell out money for the 187 now. Thanks I might have to test this out.

I usually apply with clean fingers, and then buff it out with MAC's 187. I also have the 190, but I find that it usually gives a streaky finish, which is why I ended up with the 187.

Although its probably incorrect, I use my fingers. I apply a dot on each cheek (dot being size of fingertip) and one on the chin and blend with my fingers.

I use either a random foundation brush from my brush set, or my fingers. I dab it in the middle of my face (nose, middle of forehead, chin) then pull it out onto the rest of my face
smile.gif

a stipling or skunk brush (specifically mac 187). but usually i use my fingers. they're faster and no mess haha

I didn't know you could use a brush for liquid foundation!! If it's the kind you squirt out of a bottle, do you just squirt it onto the brush and brush it on?

I always just use my clean fingers.

187, and in places i need more cover (like my chin) i use a latex sponge.

sponge all over or fingers makes the coverage to heavy, and uses much more foundation and is simply a waist of money.

I use the bare escentuals feather light brush with mac studiofix fluid. It's supposed to be a MAC 187 dupe, but I don't have the 187 to compare it to, so I don't know, but it works awesome for me!

resize

I use my fingers and apply it in a downwards motion. I think I lose a lot of foundation when I use a sponge and brush.

But the foundation has to be good when you see your fingers. Your skin has to be well moisturized for the foundation to apply smoothly as well.

the Mac 187

the Sonia Kashuk Nylon Foundation Brush 15

the skunk brush from Sonia Kashuk. It's like the 187 from Mac

the Chanel Foundation brush

If I want a flawless effect with good coverage I use Laura Mercier Stippling brush (whips MAC's to a pulp).

If I want a very sheer finish I use a damp foundation sponge.

For a tinted moisturisers I tend to use a stiff paddle type synthetic brush. Prefer cheaper nylon ones to expensive MAC or Prescriptives ones I own, as they hold up better. Current fave is Jemma Cosmetics or Red Earth foundation brushes.

Back