What do you use to keep your house smelling good

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the winter when we have the (wood burning) fireplace going we toss in a few cinnamon sticks into a cast iron pot as if we're going to make cinnamon tea.

I use scented candles and diffuser reeds. For a quick fix, an air freshener will do the trick.

I use Glade plug ins. My apartment is on the smaller size so I only have one in the dining area and it keeps the apartment smelling great! 

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We don't use anything. If the house needs to be refreshed I just open the windows. 
Ditto. I think between all the cleaning supplies we use the house smells pretty decent unless onions or garlic is being used in a meal then it stinks. LOL

Open windows if I can, especially after the first rain fall (which is scarce around these parts) otherwise, I use Glade/Airwick plug ins and change them out every 3 months.

Scentsy! I got one as a gift, and it is awesome. But to prevent groadie odors, I always make sure the trash is taken out, there isn't a lot of dirty laundry piling up, and use some of the antimicrobial Febreze spray.

Originally Posted by Rachel_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use (and LOVE) Scentsy! I've also recently fallen in love with incense.

I'm obsessed with Scentsy! I have three of them lol. The Scentsy waxes smell so good and last forever. 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use (and LOVE) Scentsy! I've also recently fallen in love with incense.
I'm obsessed with Scentsy! I have three of them lol. The Scentsy waxes smell so good and last forever. 

Haha, what's your favorite wax melt? I am in love with the Hazelnut Latte. Smells so yummy!

Originally Posted by Rachel_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, what's your favorite wax melt? I am in love with the Hazelnut Latte. Smells so yummy!

Lush Gardenia is my absolute fav. Love Story is another great one. 

I use incense for my room. The scent lingers forever, and since I burn it in a glass bottle the smoke looks amazing. xDD (Of course I'm 17 years old, might just be an age thing.)

I'm not a huge fan of Febreze, it just covers up a smell I find. Letting fresh air in is a great one, but baking soda is another way to naturally absorb smells and boiling vinegar is a quick and simple way to get rid of food smells. 

I also like boiling lemon peels with water, or orange peels and cinnamon. Both smell really strong, really quick. 

I received a few bottles of Essenza a while back as a gift . . . it's a type of reed diffuser. 

It works really well for me, and you can control how strong the smell is.

I buy those decorative oil reed diffusers from TJ Maxx that look like vases with flower sticks. They work pretty good and they are a decoration, too!

just came in here and i learned a lot. I have a cushioned love seat that's been with us for a long time and, since my husband and I love to snuggle on it all the time and don't want to dispose it, I put it outside once a month to let sunshine disinfect it. Do you have other ways? I want a flowery scent and I want something that would last.

I don't use sprays, candles, or plug-ins. The synthetic scents make me ill. They are not healthy to breathe in.

I only use essential oils mixed with spring water sprayed throughout the home and for cleaning as well. It smells so much better than the other stuff.

Back